The Education Forum

Biography: Reuben Moore

I have been teaching for eight years and two different schools, one in Dorset and one multi-cultural school in Hounslow. I have been head of department and am currently and advanced Skills teacher. In July I will take up a post as a lecturer in education at Canterbury Christ University, with responsibility for the Teach First programme.

I did my PGCE in Cambridge and previous to that studied in Edinburgh University and at Georgetown University in Washington D.C. I have published twice for Teaching History on using ICT to teach interpretations in History. The particular work focused on Michael Collins. More recently I have been given responsibility for ICT across the curriculum including the development of our Virtual Learning Environment.

I have published work for Smart UK (Interactive whiteboard company) on interpretations of Haig and am currently creating a similar activity for the National Archives Learning Curve site. Teachers TV have just completed a four part programme following my year seven history class for an entire term. An exhausting but great learning experience.