The Education Forum

Watergate

For those of us, like myself, who see many connections between the murder of JFk and Watergate, posters need to check out all the new posts on the Watergate page. A lot of reading, that I have not had the time to fully explore, but great stuff....

I know I just often forget to go to the "Controversial issues" part of the forum, get so caught up in this debate, then it's time for work, and literally weeks often pass before I look at this section. Much to my surprise a few days ago I discovered a lot to be read and absorbed there.

Yet no one is responding, so I wondered if others, like myself, forget to regularily go to this area of this terrific forum.

GWIW,

Dawn

Dawn, I would suggest that the primary reason many don't follow up on the Watergate page mirrors my own reason: resource allocation. Specifically, time. When I started classes in January, I attempted to keep up with all the sites I had checked out on a daily basis before I began classes...and found that I could do it, as long as I was willing to sacrifice sleep and family time.

The I tried to keep up with the JFK forum only on the weekends, and let the other ones go completely...and STILL found myself spending literally hours a day just trying to catch up with the vast number of posts. Even after avoiding the Miller/Lamson/Healy "lovefests," there still wasn't enough hours in a day to do everything. So I decided to forego the Education Forum altogether for the remainder of the semester. [something worked, because I ended up on the Dean's List for that semester.] But my kids are grown, so I don't have the level of responsibility that a lot of other folks have.

Now, summer classes have started this week, and my time is once more at a bit of a premium. I may or may not be able to continue reading the posts here...and other folks have a LOT more demands on their time than I. So it may not be that folks no longer care, but that they have lives that demand more time than keeping up with the forums here will allow. And I believe you understand firsthand what I'm talking about as well. Sometimes, we MUST make choices that we'd rather not make...we'd like to have it all, read it all, learn it all, and know it all, but that darn life in the world OUTSIDE the forums keeps on intruding.

Still, I don't think I'm saying anything here you haven't already seen in your own life.

Dawn, I would suggest that the primary reason many don't follow up on the Watergate page mirrors my own reason: resource allocation. Specifically, time. When I started classes in January, I attempted to keep up with all the sites I had checked out on a daily basis before I began classes...and found that I could do it, as long as I was willing to sacrifice sleep and family time.

The I tried to keep up with the JFK forum only on the weekends, and let the other ones go completely...and STILL found myself spending literally hours a day just trying to catch up with the vast number of posts. Even after avoiding the Miller/Lamson/Healy "lovefests," there still wasn't enough hours in a day to do everything. So I decided to forego the Education Forum altogether for the remainder of the semester. [something worked, because I ended up on the Dean's List for that semester.] But my kids are grown, so I don't have the level of responsibility that a lot of other folks have.

Now, summer classes have started this week, and my time is once more at a bit of a premium. I may or may not be able to continue reading the posts here...and other folks have a LOT more demands on their time than I. So it may not be that folks no longer care, but that they have lives that demand more time than keeping up with the forums here will allow. And I believe you understand firsthand what I'm talking about as well. Sometimes, we MUST make choices that we'd rather not make...we'd like to have it all, read it all, learn it all, and know it all, but that darn life in the world OUTSIDE the forums keeps on intruding.

"Then I tried to keep up with the JFK forum only on the weekends, and let the other ones go completely...and STILL found myself spending literally hours a day just trying to catch up with the vast number of posts."

"Sometimes, we MUST make choices that we'd rather not make...we'd like to have it all, read it all, learn it all, and know it all, but that darn life in the world OUTSIDE the forums keeps on intruding."

Thank you, Mark, for having stated the story of my life, as of late. Now I don't feel so inadequate after reading your two sentences. You're absolutely right about having to set priorities dealing with the here and now in our already crowded and over-extended schedules. Life and time have a way of running away without us while we're busy living it and working it. Congratulations on making the Dean's List! At least you have something solid to show for your good efforts. I'm sure your family must be very proud of you, too.

Ter