The Education Forum

Could a Dallas cop have been one of the shooters?

Guest Mark Valenti

There is the case of Harry Weatherford, who, according to Robert Groden in 'The Killing of a President', was on top of the county records building with a rifle.

Just another tidbit.

John

Weatherford was old school and as tough as a two dollar steak. He was an ex bronco rider and made a name for himself when he rode with several broken ribs.

As a lawman, he would have no problems bouncing a suspect's head off a wall if it got him what he needed.

He was also one of Bill Decker's right hand men but I just can't see him involved with anything sinister though.

Weatherford in action below.

FWIW.

James

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James Richards Posted Today, 01:16 AM

This potentially as a "reward" to "the village idiot" who was one of very few able-bodied men to actually be discharged from a stateside post in the Army during WWII (1942): this was his long-sought opportunity to "defend his country" as he was not allowed to during the war, this time against that "commie" Kennedy, who was going to "surrender the US to Russia" if allowed to live. (Duke Lane)

Duke,

Do you know if Daugherty was a Sunset graduate from 1937 and at the time of his discharge, held the rank of Staff Sergeant?

James

James,

From Dougherty's testimony taken in April 1964, he says he is 40 years of age. So unless my math's gone all rusty, he's born in about 1924. That would make him 13 years of age in 1937. He confirms the sunset graduation in his testimony.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/doughert.htm

An interesting passage from the Dougherty testimony:

Mr. BALL - Did you hear Mr. Truly yell anything up the elevator shaft?

Mr. DOUGHERTY - I didn't hear anybody yell.

Mr. BALL - Or, did you see Mr. Truly?

Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, when the FBI men---I imagine it was who it was---he showed me his credentials, but he asked me who the manager was, and I told him, "Mr. Truly." He told me to go find him. Well, I didn't know where he was so I started from the first floor and Just started looking for him, and .by the time I got to the sixth floor, they had found a gum and shells.

Mr. BALL - When you went up to the sixth floor, it was after they found the shotgun and shells?

Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes, sir; and I found out later he was on the fourth floor, which I didn't find.

Mr. BALL - Did you ever see a gun around there?

Mr. DOUGHERTY - No, sir; I sure didn't.

Mr. BALL - Did you ever see anybody with a gun in the place?

Mr. DOUGHERTY - No, sir.

Mr. BALL - Did you see any strangers in the building that day?

Mr. DOUGHERTY - No, sir.

Edited by Antti Hynonen