The Education Forum

Documentary?

I was wondering if anyone has seen or indeed has a copy of a 1977 documentary titled, "CBS Reports: The CIA's Secret Army"?

It supposedly was the result of 3 years work by the host Bill Moyers and free lance writer George Crile.

Any information regarding this would be appreciated.

Cheers,

James

James... I have several hundred videos. It may be among them.

What are you looking for?

Jack

Hi Jack,

In this CBS piece, Grayston Lynch is interviewed extensively and I would be extremely interested in his first hand views regarding Kennedy, his administration and how the Agency handled all those assets pre Bay of Pigs.

Cheers,

James

I was wondering if anyone has seen or indeed has a copy of a 1977 documentary titled, "CBS Reports: The CIA's Secret Army"?

It supposedly was the result of 3 years work by the host Bill Moyers and free lance writer George Crile.

Any information regarding this would be appreciated.

Cheers,

James

If it is the Bill Moyers program, then it has to be the PBS program "Secret Intelligence". I think it first aired in 1989. I found this description from Truman college library catalog, of one segment. This version seems to have aired in 1998:

"Secret Intelligence: Learning to Say NoAV# 62-86-006 1989 60 min. Series: Secret Intelligence. This program illustrates the disagreement within the CIA over the wisdom of covert operations. It reviews the attempts by Richard Nixon to use intelligence agencies to spy on his political foes, and shows Congress' efforts to investigate the intelligence community. (KCET; PBS) Seers AV# 62-36-047-03 1998 120 min."

An inquiry to your local PBS station might get lucky.

Like Jack, I have a copy somewhere, but my wife has banished all my old tapes to boxes in the garage, the handwriting on the labels has faded, and it would be tough to find. If you absolutely run out of options, send me an email and I will do my best to find it, assuming the PBS show is the one you want.