Jack

Someone recently posted an image thought to be Jim Hicks,

wearing a jacket and pants. I could not locate the thread,

from about a week ago.

Attached is an image of "Hicks" wearing green coveralls,

from a Bond slide. I do not think the two images are the

same man.

Jack

That was me Jack. I was using the Dorman film. If this is Hicks in the Bond photo, I assumed that this is Hicks as well in the Dorman.

He is not where RB Cutler has located him on one of his plats - Croft and Willis are in that basic location. However, if he was located on the corner of Elm and Houston - assuming it's him in the Dorman, I think it would be helpful to get the vantage point of the alleged '56 Pontiac parked behind the pergola hut. It would also be great to know why Cutler placed him where he did, but I guess that one goes nowhere.

- lee

post-675-1152066538_thumb.jpg

It sure looks like the same guy to me.

Didn't realize that was a Bond - may take a second look. I don't have that one - neither does bravehost it would appear. Looks like a clear difference in the contrast between the pants and the jacket to me.

It's interesting to note - Prouty has Hicks as one of the radio controllers - he had it that you could see the radio and the antennae - although I can't see any antennae - and the 'radio' could simply be the man's wallet.

If indeed Hicks was one of the radio coordinators, and indeed, he was using one of the low frequency jobs allegedly supplied by Morrow to Ferrie through DeValle, the antennae was supposed to be inside the pants. He could then be using an earpiece, and his 'hands in the pockets' would be misleading, since he would somehow be in communication - even though the mic would still be in question. But where is a document to support that Hicks was anything more than a witness? Why would Prouty make such a claim? I think Sprague did as well? Is there a file in Garrison's documents where Hicks says some things - aside from the public record of the Clay Shaw trial? Or is this all on the basis of what Morrow said?

CIA contract agent Robert Morrow claimed that while working at Permindex in the early sixties he received a call from David Ferrie from Switzerland. Ferrie had been instructed by CIA contacts to tell Morrow to go to Paris and pick up a packet of papers from an American couple who had recently been traveling in the Soviet Union. They had been given the packet of papers by a CIA agent, a "Harvey of Minsk." Since Oswald was living in Minsk during this time, Morrow firmly believes it was Oswald who was providing information for the CIA. Morrow also recounts a story about Ferrie's associate Eladio del Valle. Del Valle had called Morrow in the early autumn of 1963 and requested four walkie-talkies, low-frequency transceivers that could not be traced. Morrow knew that del Valle had connections with the mafia and various anti-Castro groups. Morrow provided the equipment and believes that one of the radios he furnished can be seen in pictures taken of Dealey Plaza on November 22, 1963, hanging out of a man's back pocket.

Does Morrow have the Bond photo in a book or something? Is he pointing out Hicks? I don't see him mentioning the antennae.

If it's Hicks traversing the lawn in the aftermath - I like the man on the corner in the Dorman. Just need to get a photo of the retaining wall and pergola from where he would have been standing to see if it was even possible to see the vehicle which I believe was parked back there.

And if it is not Hicks [assuming that the man in the Bond photo still is] then where is he in the Plaza?

- lee

post-675-1152069042_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lee Forman

It sure looks like the same guy to me.

Didn't realize that was a Bond - may take a second look. I don't have that one - neither does bravehost it would appear. Looks like a clear difference in the contrast between the pants and the jacket to me.

It's interesting to note - Prouty has Hicks as one of the radio controllers - he had it that you could see the radio and the antennae - although I can't see any antennae - and the 'radio' could simply be the man's wallet.

If indeed Hicks was one of the radio coordinators, and indeed, he was using one of the low frequency jobs allegedly supplied by Morrow to Ferrie through DeValle, the antennae was supposed to be inside the pants. He could then be using an earpiece, and his 'hands in the pockets' would be misleading, since he would somehow be in communication - even though the mic would still be in question. But where is a document to support that Hicks was anything more than a witness? Why would Prouty make such a claim? I think Sprague did as well? Is there a file in Garrison's documents where Hicks says some things - aside from the public record of the Clay Shaw trial? Or is this all on the basis of what Morrow said?

CIA contract agent Robert Morrow claimed that while working at Permindex in the early sixties he received a call from David Ferrie from Switzerland. Ferrie had been instructed by CIA contacts to tell Morrow to go to Paris and pick up a packet of papers from an American couple who had recently been traveling in the Soviet Union. They had been given the packet of papers by a CIA agent, a "Harvey of Minsk." Since Oswald was living in Minsk during this time, Morrow firmly believes it was Oswald who was providing information for the CIA. Morrow also recounts a story about Ferrie's associate Eladio del Valle. Del Valle had called Morrow in the early autumn of 1963 and requested four walkie-talkies, low-frequency transceivers that could not be traced. Morrow knew that del Valle had connections with the mafia and various anti-Castro groups. Morrow provided the equipment and believes that one of the radios he furnished can be seen in pictures taken of Dealey Plaza on November 22, 1963, hanging out of a man's back pocket.

Does Morrow have the Bond photo in a book or something? Is he pointing out Hicks? I don't see him mentioning the antennae.

If it's Hicks traversing the lawn in the aftermath - I like the man on the corner in the Dorman. Just need to get a photo of the retaining wall and pergola from where he would have been standing to see if it was even possible to see the vehicle which I believe was parked back there.

And if it is not Hicks [assuming that the man in the Bond photo still is] then where is he in the Plaza?

- lee

Lee...I disagree. Your guy has a dark jacket with collar turned up.

Jack

Based on the images, there are good reasons to think it's the same person. Hue, posture, pant and jacket folds, pocket, even the 'raised' collar (collar shadow on shoulder contour, Dorman is taken from above, so this separation would naturally be more apparent).

Based on the images, there are good reasons to think it's the same person. Hue, posture, pant and jacket folds, pocket, even the 'raised' collar (collar shadow on shoulder contour, Dorman is taken from above, so this separation would naturally be more apparent).

Not convinced John. Dorman frames aren't a good enough starting point in terms of quality to make such a positive - my opinion. What do you gather from his shadow?

I'll take that as Hicks anyway, and see what his viewpoint would have looked like for the car back up at the retaining wall. I'd like to know if anyone has a runner-up.

- lee

post-675-1152080217_thumb.jpg

post-675-1152081092_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lee Forman

Oops - thought it was John that commented on the collar being in the raised position - apologies John.

Jack - that appears to be Willis7 - not Bond. Worth noting - the collar on Hicks - if it is him - is fairly high to begin with. In the Dorman, the light from the sun is distorting the image - making it hard to really see where the collar starts and ends. From the shadow on the street - I'd say the collar is not turned up. Also, in terms of the green - note the difference in the color of the grass between Dorman and Willis - insets at top left. I enhanced the Willis crop at right. I see a clear separation between a jacket and pants.

John's comparison is also pretty compelling.

- lee

post-675-1152110312_thumb.jpg

Possible 'Hicks' in Skaggs. Note that his view of the area where the alleged '56 Pontiac was parked is obstructed by the bus - but even so, it looks like it has already left the scene - like he said.

Same deal - dark jacket, lighter colored pants.

post-675-1152118161_thumb.jpg

Sorry, guys...the man in Dorman cannot be Hicks.

See attachment.

Jack

Hi Jack.

It's just not one-for-one? The Dorman quality is crap - I don't know.

Here's what appears to be Hicks in Bond7 - inset Skaggs.

- lee

post-675-1152135723_thumb.jpg