The Education Forum

Back wound or Back 'Wounds'

There's "an official autopsy photo" [oxymoron] of Kennedy's back wound. From Groden's Killing of a President, the President's shirt and Jacket seem to sustain a single point of entry from the rear.

However, in the photo, it appears as if there are more than one wound, and someone [Groden?] made the claim that this is in fact another separate wound, or in fact may have been the exit point for the throat wound.

It's too small a hole, in my medically inexperienced opinion, to be an exit wound. Is it simply a blood clot? Or is it possibly a small caliber entry of another wound, from a shot from the rear?

- lee

Robert Groden should have known better than to think there may have been a second bullet wound to JFK's back, if that is what he ever thought to start with. When one looks at the contrasted B&W autopsy photo of JFK's back it will appear there are two dark holes on it. When some of the contrast is removed, the second smaller dark spot changes and looks more like a blood drop or some other piece of matter.

It is JFK's actual shirt that tells the story for it only has one hole in it. FBI Agent Francis O'Neil said that when they raised the President's body up to look at his back - it was FBI Agent James Sibert that first noticed the bullet wound in the body. He describes one wound that James Humes probed with his finger. I might also add that others who attended the President's autopsy and who have come forward to expose a cover-up have never said there was two holes in JFK's back. Even O'Neil who believes Oswald acted alone has said that the Single Bullet Theory is in error. He went as far as to say that Arlene Specter had called him and wanted he and Sibert to alter their report so to fit his SBT, but the agents refused. O'Neil also admits to the large wound in the back of JFK's head. So it seems that if these people are willing to expose the truth about the head wound or being asked to alter reports, they are most likely being honest about the number of wounds to JFK's back and JFK's suit and shirt seem to support this conclusion.

I am sorry that I could not load a larger image of the back wound due to the file size restriction. I will try and see if I cannot find a way to post better images without losing their quality.

Edited by Larry Peters

The HS (maybe the WC too?) described the back wound characteristics as being a wound of entrance, right? Yet the HS also said the neck bullet path was slightly upward, even though Wecht said (and I agree) that there is no film evidence of JFK ever leaning forward enough to tie his shoes before or after the one second JFK is behind the sign.

Had to be two seperate shots; one to back, and one to throat front. If there were two shots that first hit JFK and they occurred within one second of each other I can certainly understand where the witnesses would have thought there was only one shot.

In the Zapruder film does anyone else also see JFK's upper body kind of shudder for a spilt second after he comes back into view from behind the sign and after he has already quickly raised his hands and elbows higher? Does anyone have a cropped movie clip of what I see as this JFK shudder?

Have the chest cavity X-rays ever re-surfaced or are they still vanished?

With regard to Connellys back wound were there any photos taken of it before his operation? If not what were the eliptical dimensions of it and if not caused by the "magic bullet" from where would the eliptical characteristic have been fired from (certainly not the knoll or foward)

Here is JFK coming from behind the road sign. He obviously has been hit. It appears his mouth is open as if to be possibly be trying to draw a breath of air. On the Zapruder film he immediately looks to be coughing into his hands as if trying to dislodge something from his airway.

Connally's right shoulder get's shoved forward several inches in less than 1/18th of a second at Z223 and Z224. As has been pointed out already - Connally's face could become distorted in a delayed reaction, but the forward movement of his shoulder could only happen as the bullet is slamming into it. The Commission never studied the relevancy of the forward movement of the Governor's right shoulder that I recall.