The Education Forum

Still more on Danny Arce

Guest Mark Valenti

Guest Mark Valenti

On November 3, 1995, the FBI released some files to NARA which it had held back for one reason or another.

This came at a time when, due to the JFK Assassination Records Act, the CIA and other governmental bodies also were releasing previously secret documents.

Among the newly released FBI documents were files on:

James Angleton

Morris Block, a Russian defector

Ronnie Caire and Frank DeLa Barre, both involved in the anti-Castro movement

Martin Fox, owner of a nightclub in Cuba

QJ/WIN

The Anti-Communist International Brigade

Thomas Edward Beckham, friend of Ferrie and involved in anti-Castro activities

AND>>>>>>

Danny Arce.

On November 3, 1995, the FBI released some files to NARA which it had held back for one reason or another.

This came at a time when, due to the JFK Assassination Records Act, the CIA and other governmental bodies also were releasing previously secret documents.

Among the newly released FBI documents were files on:

James Angleton

Morris Block, a Russian defector

Ronnie Caire and Frank DeLa Barre, both involved in the anti-Castro movement

Martin Fox, owner of a nightclub in Cuba

QJ/WIN

The Anti-Communist International Brigade

Thomas Edward Beckham, friend of Ferrie and involved in anti-Castro activities

AND>>>>>>

Danny Arce.

Does anyone have this document?

Jack

For what it's worth, I was good friends with Danny Arce back around 1977 when we both worked at Cooper Airmotive in Dallas. We were both quality control inspectors with our desks only a few feet apart. He was also our union rep. He told me at the time that he worked in the TSBD with LHO, and while I was mildly interested in the assassination at the time, I didn't know enough about it to know who he was, and chalked it up to any number of other people I've talked to that had "some connection" to the players. I sure wish we had the internet back then.

He did tell me that he, LHO, and their coworkers were up on the 6th floor, and when everyone went down in the elevator, they asked him if he wanted to come down with them. LHO said something like "I'll be down in a couple of minutes. Send the elevator back up, will you?". Maybe not an exact quote. I'm drawing on memories that are almost 30 years old.

I worked with him for about a year, and he never did anything out of the ordinary. He came to work every day, was friendly, and struck me as just a good working stiff like myself. He never talked politics or anything other than everyday things.

JWK

For what it's worth, I was good friends with Danny Arce back around 1977 when we both worked at Cooper Airmotive in Dallas. We were both quality control inspectors with our desks only a few feet apart. He was also our union rep. He told me at the time that he worked in the TSBD with LHO, and while I was mildly interested in the assassination at the time, I didn't know enough about it to know who he was, and chalked it up to any number of other people I've talked to that had "some connection" to the players. I sure wish we had the internet back then.

He did tell me that he, LHO, and their coworkers were up on the 6th floor, and when everyone went down in the elevator, they asked him if he wanted to come down with them. LHO said something like "I'll be down in a couple of minutes. Send the elevator back up, will you?". Maybe not an exact quote. I'm drawing on memories that are almost 30 years old.

I worked with him for about a year, and he never did anything out of the ordinary. He came to work every day, was friendly, and struck me as just a good working stiff like myself. He never talked politics or anything other than everyday things.

JWK

Wow, what a small world...you wouldn't have any idea if Arce was Cuban, do you?

No, I'm pretty sure he's native American of hispanic heritage. He didn't have much, if any, accent at all as I remember. Whether his parents are Mexican, Cuban, or whatever, I don't know. The last time I checked up on him, he was still living in Dallas.

As for the small world, you're right. I left Cooper Airmotive to work for Texas Instruments, and started (and ended) at the same building where Janet Conforto (Jada) had her accident just a an hour or two before JFK's motorcade passed by the very same spot. Also, when I first moved from the Chicago area to Irving in '76, my first local friend married a girl who, according to both her and her father, used to live next door to Ruth Paine and played with LHO's daughter. Sometimes Lee would watch them. Her maiden name was Hall, but with extended families, I don't know if that name would match any records. True? I don't know for sure. It seems like everyone has a connection.

Between everyone going to Top Ten Records, eating at the same diners, riding the same busses, and drinking at the Carousel, it's a very small world indeed. The Kennedy assassination has taught me to forget "Six Degrees of Seperation". Two, maybe three, tops, is the rule here for everyone.

JWK

Edited by J. William King

There is/was an anti Castro cuban with the last name Arce, active in the 60's and 70's, if I recall correctly. First name not Dan nor Daniel. Perhaps the document related to a background check on Daniel Arce to see if he was related to (the activities) of this other (Daniel) Arce, since he was working at the TSBD with Oswald?

There is/was an anti Castro cuban with the last name Arce, active in the 60's and 70's, if I recall correctly. First name not Dan nor Daniel. Perhaps the document related to a background check on Daniel Arce to see if he was related to (the activities) of this other (Daniel) Arce, since he was working at the TSBD with Oswald?

Antti,

I believe the other Arce you are thinking of is Remigio 'Cuku' Arce. I did once try to establish if there was any relationship between the two but came up with zip.

This is Cuku Arce below with Frank Sturgis.

James