The Education Forum

Interview with Penn Jones

From The Daily Intelligencer

Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Monday, October 12, 1981

William Penn Jones, 66, lives outside Dallas on a farm near Midlothian. Texas. For 29 years he ran a weekly newspaper and was in Dallas to cover Kennedy at the time of the assassination. Jones edits a monthly newsletter on the assassination, "Continuing Inquiry," now in its sixth year.

He said his first doubts about what happened in Dealey Plaza were formed when he heard what type of rifle was allegedly used to kill Kennedy. A World War II veteran, he said. "No one in his right mind would use that rifle to even go rabbit hunting. We couldn't even give those guns away — we burned them by the thousands in North Africa."

"I knew something was wrong I couldn't understand why the shots would be fired as Kennedy was heading away from Oswald, down and to the right. That's a very difficult shot. Then to have Oswald shot by a police pimp was just too much for me to swallow."

"I bought the Warren Report, read the 26 volumes and decided 'bull-—. I started interviewing every witness I could find, as far away as Mexico City. I then began to print stories in my newspaper, saying there was a giant conspiracy and it involved police agencies in Dallas."

"I have names. The man is still alive today who told the FBI in Dallas beforehand that Kennedy would be assassinated. He's living in San Antonio, Texas, and he still sticks by what he told me. The FBI told him, 'You're a kook." and slammed down the phone."

Jones said he always considered Eddowes' Russian agent theory false.

"This was a homegrown conspiracy." said Jones. "It was damn near perfect."

He said, however, he doubts the assassination will ever be solved and the public has been taught by the media to regard assassination researchers as "nuts. That makes it very hard to live with," he said, "knowing it probably will never be solved."

Jones said. "Coups have been going on for a thousand years. At the time Kennedy was shot, the U.S. had a complete infantry team in the air in case any opposition had to be stamped out. They could have been an effective fighting force anywhere in the nation in two hours. But those troops were not needed because the media instantly bought the 'lone nut' theory- Those troops landed that night in Austin, Texas, and had a hot dinner."

Jones said, "I think there were nine gunmen who fired one shot each. The gunmen were flown into Dallas from Oklahoma, were then loaded into a plane at Redbird Airport and then the plane was dumped into the Atlantic Ocean. You've always got to kill the killers and this is a textbook case. You just can't afford to watch them all their lives to make sure they don't talk."

Jones said the assassination will never be solved, "because the mass media is not doing their job. the courts are not doing their job and there's not a lawyer I know who's really working on the case. Only us 'nuts' work on it."

"If the Zapruder film were shown on national television that weekend in 1963. the public would have realized the shots came from the front. But it was years before it was ever shown and now it's too late."

"

Edited by Michael Hogan

[quote name='Michael Hogan' date='Sep 3 2006, 10:06 AM' post='73846']

From The Daily Intelligencer

Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Monday, October 12, 1981

William Penn Jones, 66, lives outside Dallas on a farm near Midlothian. Texas. For 29 years he ran a weekly newspaper and was in Dallas to cover Kennedy at the time of the assassination. Jones edits a monthly newsletter on the assassination, "Continuing Inquiry," now in its sixth year.

He said his first doubts about what happened in Dealey Plaza were formed when he heard what type of rifle was allegedly used to kill Kennedy. A World War II veteran, he said. "No one in his right mind would use that rifle to even go rabbit hunting. We couldn't even give those guns away — we burned them by the thousands in North Africa."

"I knew something was wrong I couldn't understand why the shots would be fired as Kennedy was heading away from Oswald, down and to the right. That's a very difficult shot. Then to have Oswald shot by a police pimp was just too much for me to swallow."

"I bought the Warren Report, read the 26 volumes and decided 'bull-—. I started interviewing every witness I could find, as far away as Mexico City. I then began to print stories in my newspaper, saying there was a giant conspiracy and it involved police agencies in Dallas."

"I have names. The man is still alive today who told the FBI in Dallas beforehand that Kennedy would be assassinated. He's living in San Antonio, Texas, and he still sticks by what he told me. The FBI told him, 'You're a kook." and slammed down the phone."

Jones said he always considered Eddowes' Russian agent theory false.

"This was a homegrown conspiracy." said Jones. "It was damn near perfect."

He said, however, he doubts the assassination will ever be solved and the public has been taught by the media to regard assassination researchers as "nuts. That makes it very hard to live with," he said, "knowing it probably will never be solved."

Jones said. "Coups have been going on for a thousand years. At the time Kennedy was shot, the U.S. had a complete infantry team in the air in case any opposition had to be stamped out. They could have been an effective fighting force anywhere in the nation in two hours. But those troops were not needed because the media instantly bought the 'lone nut' theory- Those troops landed that night in Austin, Texas, and had a hot dinner."

Jones said, "I think there were nine gunmen who fired one shot each. The gunmen were flown into Dallas from Oklahoma, were then loaded into a plane at Redbird Airport and then the plane was dumped into the Atlantic Ocean. You've always got to kill the killers and this is a textbook case. You just can't afford to watch them all their lives to make sure they don't talk."

Jones said the assassination will never be solved, "because the mass media is not doing their job. the courts are not doing their job and there's not a lawyer I know who's really working on the case. Only us 'nuts' work on it."

"If the Zapruder film were shown on national television that weekend in 1963. the public would have realized the shots came from the front. But it was years before it was ever shown and now it's too late."

"

Mike

Thanx for posting this. Anyone know the id of the "man in San Antonio"?

Jones was a shining light in the media. He and Earl Golz stand alone as journalists who ignored Mockingbird; just told the truth on this case. And were not murdered for it. Why Dorothy Kilgallen and not Jones or Golz?

Dawn