The Education Forum

JFK Assassination Books for Gary Loughran

John Simkin

On a personal note - can you list your top 5 books for a beginner on the general JFK assasination and environment in which it occured.

I've read Summers, Smith (2nd plot) and Lane on the subject and have noted Peter Dale Scott as must read.

Good to hear you have read Tony Summers, Conspiracy (hope it is the 2002 edition). It is a good place to start.

Number one on your list should be the revised edition of Larry Hancock's Someone Would Have Talked (published in November). You will be able to question Larry about the book on the forum.

I also recommend David Talbot's new book on the assassinations of John and Robert Kennedy that should be published by the end of the year. David will also discuss it on the Forum.

Of these already published I would suggest the following:

Gerald McKnight's Breach of Trust (2005), John Newman's, Oswald and the CIA (1995), Mark Lane's Plausible Denial (1991), Gaeton Fonzi's The Last Investigation (1993) and Dick Russell's The Man Who Knew Too Much (1992).

Guest Gary Loughran

On a personal note - can you list your top 5 books for a beginner on the general JFK assasination and environment in which it occured.

I've read Summers, Smith (2nd plot) and Lane on the subject and have noted Peter Dale Scott as must read.

Good to hear you have read Tony Summers, Conspiracy (hope it is the 2002 edition). It is a good place to start.

Number one on your list should be the revised edition of Larry Hancock's Someone Would Have Talked (published in November). You will be able to question Larry about the book on the forum.

I also recommend David Talbot's new book on the assassinations of John and Robert Kennedy that should be published by the end of the year. David will also discuss it on the Forum.

Gerald McKnight's Breach of Trust (2005), John Newman's, Oswald and the CIA (1995), Mark Lane's Plausible Denial (1991), Gaeton Fonzi's The Last Investigation (1993) and Dick Russell's The Man Who Knew Too Much (1992).

Many Thanks. It was an earlier version of conspiracy :-( I've read Plausible Denial and the last investigation.

Had earmarked Hancock's book, Dale Scotts Deep Politics, the one from 1964 you'd mentioned in a few threads (1st ed at abe books IIRC). I'll investigate the other books you've mentioned. I am not as voracious a reader as many of the folks here. So I don't want more than 5 to read :-)

Gary

Many Thanks. It was an earlier version of conspiracy :-( I've read Plausible Denial and the last investigation.

Had earmarked Hancock's book, Dale Scotts Deep Politics, the one from 1964 you'd mentioned in a few threads (1st ed at abe books IIRC). I'll investigate the other books you've mentioned. I am not as voracious a reader as many of the folks here. So I don't want more than 5 to read :-)

Gary

I would add to this: Garrison's On The Trail of The Assassins; Jim DiEugenio's Destiny Betrayed. Joan Mellen

A Farewell To Justice", anthing by Phil Melanson (rip), Herny Hurt's Reasonable Doubt is a good follow-up on Conspiracy. Best Evidence by David Lifton.

If interested in the TX Connection Barr McClellan's book Blood Money and Power: How LBJ KIlled JFK is very good, tho not so good on the Dallas events. (Excellent on the LBJ angle, but Barr does not know the case re LHO- the patsy) .

Probably many more...I will let others add here.

Dawn

• 2 weeks later...

I would also add Michael L. Kurtz's The JFK Assassination Debates (2006). I received my copy a few days ago and so far I have only read three chapters but it seems to be the book to read if you want to be updated on the latest research into the case. Unfortunately, Kurtz is weak on the CIA and has nothing on David Morales, Carl Jenkins and Chi Chi Quintero. As a result he claims to have found no evidence that the CIA was involved in the assassination. However, he does accept that the CIA covered-up the conspiracy to kill JFK. He of course fails to provide a motive for this cover-up.