The Education Forum

Nestor Castellanos

Steve Thomas

On page 132 of the HSCA Report, they are discussing anti-Castro Cubans, and in particular, a tape recording of a meeting between right wing people and Cuban exiles held on October 1, 1963 in Farmer's Branch, Texas.

The footnote to this reference is identified as JFK Exhibit 101210.

Has anyone ever heard this tape recording, or have a transcript of it.

I am interested in learning who attended this meeting.

Lucille Connell told Harold Weisberg that John Martino also was in Dallas on October 1, 1963 to give a speech at Town Hall. Lucille Connell attended this speech. So did Sarita Odio.

http://ajweberman.com/nodules2/nodulec18.htm

Steve Thomas

Hi Steve,

Nestor Castellanos is a very interesting character indeed. For one, he tried to set up an office for Cubana Airlines so that direct flights could be operated between Dallas and Havana. He held a position with the company but the details there escape me for now. Maybe sales but don't quote me on that.

Castellanos was also closely associated with a man by the name of Charles Juarez, a name one won't find easily. Juarez ran a militant group and claimed they were working with elements of the U.S. government.

Castellanos and Juarez shared a stage many times at various anti-Castro rallies saying that military force was the only way to get the Communists out of Cuba.

The image below shows Nestor Castellanos on the right. The man on the left is Arturo Cervera who was the president of the Cuban-American Good Neighbor Association.

FWIW.

James

He held a position with the company but the details there escape me for now. Maybe sales but don't quote me on that. (Me)

I checked my notes and for anyone who is interested, Castellanos held a sales/marketing position with the airlines before being named Office Manager in 1967.

Remembering that a Cubana Airlines plane was the one allegedly held up in Mexico City on its way to Havana on the evening of November 22, 1963. (supposedly waiting for the arrival of a light plane)

It was also Gilberto Policarpo Lopez's airline of choice.

FWIW.

James

Edited by James Richards