The Education Forum

Frank Chambers

Frank Chambers was owner of the Ex-Caliber Gun Shop in NO's. Supposedly rented out and shipped guns to Cuba.

Bill, he is believed to have been an indirect victim of Katrina, having died from a heart attack on going back to his gun shop after the storm to see what he could salvage. His wife and three children survive him.

Edited by Greg Parker

Frank Chambers was owner of the Ex-Caliber Gun Shop in NO's. Supposedly rented out and shipped guns to Cuba.

Bill, he is believed to have been an indirect victim of Katrina, having died from a heart attack on going back to his gun shop after the storm to see what he could salvage. His wife and three children survive him.

Greg , The reason I ask is that this was taken from a Garrison doc by Al Oser. It proclaims that on 2-21-67, he "recieved info from a confidential informer that Lee Harvey Oswald had on several ocasions attended meetings of the FPCC at 1121 Pine St. in the City of New Orleans. This location was the residence of Dr. Leonard Reissman" "It is believed that members of the New Orleans Police Dept. observed Oswald attend meetings at this location. During this time the PD was conducting a stake-out in an attempt to learn more about the Fair Play for Cuba Movement" "In the Police Dept's records there should be information concerning Oswald and the FPCC which was recieved from the Law Enforcement Agency. This agency is believed to be an Organization which collects and disseminates informaton concerning crime and criminal activities among large metropolitan cities with one another " (LEIU ?) Oser staes "I learned from the same source that gave me the info regarding Reissman that a W/M by the name of Frank Chambers was involved in renting guns to Cuba " etc.

Here we go again with the Reissman allegations.......in 1967! I have my list of supects as to who the informer might be, whats your take?

Greg , The reason I ask is that this was taken from a Garrison doc by Al Oser. It proclaims that on 2-21-67, he "recieved info from a confidential informer that Lee Harvey Oswald had on several ocasions attended meetings of the FPCC at 1121 Pine St. in the City of New Orleans. This location was the residence of Dr. Leonard Reissman" "It is believed that members of the New Orleans Police Dept. observed Oswald attend meetings at this location. During this time the PD was conducting a stake-out in an attempt to learn more about the Fair Play for Cuba Movement" "In the Police Dept's records there should be information concerning Oswald and the FPCC which was recieved from the Law Enforcement Agency. This agency is believed to be an Organization which collects and disseminates informaton concerning crime and criminal activities among large metropolitan cities with one another " (LEIU ?) Oser staes "I learned from the same source that gave me the info regarding Reissman that a W/M by the name of Frank Chambers was involved in renting guns to Cuba " etc.

Here we go again with the Reissman allegations.......in 1967! I have my list of supects as to who the informer might be, whats your take?

[/quote

GREG ; SEE ABOVE

[/quote

GREG ; SEE ABOVE

Bill, thanks for bringing this back. The whole Reissman thing continues to flummox me, but I'll try and address what I can here (which is not a great deal...).

If the Intelligence Unit had information from stake-outs placing LHO at Reissman's for FPCC meetings, why was this not brought out at the time of LHO's August arrest? Instead, what we get from Martello is "gee, I kind of remember the name Reissman being vaguely connected to meetings of some type in Pine Street, and being connected somehow to the New Orleans Council for Peaceful Alternatives, so I connected the dots to FPCC..." Also, apart from allegations about finding FPCC literature in Pine St and at Tulane, there is a blanket denial of any FPCC activity in NO.

Hugh Murray's Fourth Decade Article seems to be the definitive piece on NOCPA and the Reissman allegations. Have you read that? It does put the knife into a couple of misconceptions (though, unfortunately they continue to be published as fact).

As to who Oser's informant might be, my guess (probably less informed than yours) would be Bringuier, or one of two or three people I believe were informants/infiltrators of NOCPA.

[/quote

GREG ; SEE ABOVE

Bill, thanks for bringing this back. The whole Reissman thing continues to flummox me, but I'll try and address what I can here (which is not a great deal...).

If the Intelligence Unit had information from stake-outs placing LHO at Reissman's for FPCC meetings, why was this not brought out at the time of LHO's August arrest? Instead, what we get from Martello is "gee, I kind of remember the name Reissman being vaguely connected to meetings of some type in Pine Street, and being connected somehow to the New Orleans Council for Peaceful Alternatives, so I connected the dots to FPCC..." Also, apart from allegations about finding FPCC literature in Pine St and at Tulane, there is a blanket denial of any FPCC activity in NO.

Hugh Murray's Fourth Decade Article seems to be the definitive piece on NOCPA and the Reissman allegations. Have you read that? It does put the knife into a couple of misconceptions (though, unfortunately they continue to be published as fact).

As to who Oser's informant might be, my guess (probably less informed than yours) would be Bringuier, or one of two or three people I believe were informants/infiltrators of NOCPA.

Greg; I'm juggling about 3-4 names in my head right now. However, it could be someone in LEIU , at least it seems to be someone in or, ex- law enforcement. The source was same for Chambers backgound info. I'd like to get a hold of Al Oser, anyone know if he's alive and where?