The Education Forum

Teddy Kollek

Teddy Kollek, New York based arms procurer for Israel and Mayor of Jerusalem for 30 years died recently, aged 95.

The following article is interesting, especially the references to Frank Sinatra "friend of Zion to the end."

He was also a good buddy of James Jesus Angleton. Isn't that interesting?

http://www.tnr.com/blog/spine?pid=68565

This one credits Kollek with helping establish the intelligence links with the CIA and Mossad in the 1950's:

http://www.sandersresearch.com/index.php?o...4&Itemid=61

Edited by Mark Stapleton

Mark,

A bit of trivia for you.

In 1968, Jeanne Murray-Vanderbilt gave a dinner party in her Manhattan apartment. An article titled 'The Unexpected Guest' was written about it at the time.

The guest list included Lyndon and Lady Bird Johnson, Mr. and Mrs. Gardner Cowles, Edward Bennett Williams, Tyler and Bess Abel, Mr. and Mrs. David Ogilvy, Jack Valenti, Lansing Lamont and Teddy Kollek.

James

Mark,

A bit of trivia for you.

In 1968, Jeanne Murray-Vanderbilt gave a dinner party in her Manhattan apartment. An article titled 'The Unexpected Guest' was written about it at the time.

The guest list included Lyndon and Lady Bird Johnson, Mr. and Mrs. Gardner Cowles, Edward Bennett Williams, Tyler and Bess Abel, Mr. and Mrs. David Ogilvy, Jack Valenti, Lansing Lamont and Teddy Kollek.

James

James,

Fascinating. I think Teddy might have been a party animal of the highest order. In '68 he was Mayor of Jerusalem but I've read that he made frequent trips back to the States.

I'm afraid I don't know who Ogilvy and Abel were. The rest are an eclectic mix--author, publisher, enigmatic ex-advertising man, Mayor of Jerusalem, President & First Lady. Interesting to speculate on which topics were discussed.......race riots, the Mexico Olympics, MLK, RFK......ah, to be a fly on the wall.

I hope LBJ's SS detail were not guilty of substance abuse.