The Education Forum

Living people that can be contacted......

and talked with. I'm new to the forum and have seen the comment "maybe we should invite them to the forum" yet I get lost in reading so many posts. Would a thread with names of living witnesses.....etc. be of assistance?......thanks .....tom

and talked with. I'm new to the forum and have seen the comment "maybe we should invite them to the forum" yet I get lost in reading so many posts. Would a thread with names of living witnesses.....etc. be of assistance?......thanks .....tom

Hi Tom,

There are different types of witnesses, and certainly classifying them into living and dead is a good way to start, but it's a never ending chase, as Penn Jones (Forgive My Grief) found out, and the attrition rate is high.

For the record, when we get to court, there are eye witnesses, present at the scene of the crime(s), ear witnesses who heard evidence (ie gunshots), material witnesses who have knowledge of the crime, expert witnesses with demonstratable scientific knowledge who can explain hard evidence (ie fingerprints, acoustical (audio tapes), ballistics (bullets), photo, etc., and special witnesses, such as document file clerks, technicians, or anyone who can provide information about a crime.

As for the Kennedy assassination, there are Dealey Plaza witnesses, Oak Cliff (Tippit murder and arrest) witnesses, Parkland Hospital witnesses, AF1 witnesses, Oswald associate witnesses, Ruby associate witnesses, and each broken down into subcatageories - usually designated by time/periods - like LHO's early years, Ft. Worth, New Orleans 1, NYC, USMC, Japan, SD, USSR, Dallas 1, NO2, Mexico City, Dallas2, etc., each with its own list of witnesses, each witness of a varying type.

Mary Ferrell's name file data base is probably the most extensive, and if you go there and run through the alphabet I bet it takes you a half hour just to count them.

If you just begin with just Dealey Plaza's couple hundred or so eyewitneses and determine whose living and whose dead as of today, it would be a great service.

On the same token, I don't think its a good idea to post the names and whereabouts of the most significant living witnesses, - not that they would be targeted by the Dealey Plaza Cleanup Crew, but so that they wouldn't be harrassed by internet idiots.

I'll start that list:

Living Witness Dealey Plaza : James Tague - Living witness and wounded victim of the same criminal(s) who killed President Kennedy.

BK