The Education Forum

Don't bug me

Guest Mark Valenti

Guest Mark Valenti

It's worth remembering that both John Kennedy and Lee Oswald were secretly taped by government agencies.

Kennedy's private moments with Inga Arvad were captured for posterity by the FBI.

Oswald's personal conversations with Marina were taped in Russia by the KGB.

Of course, both Kennedy and Oswald were under serious FBI surveillance in the time leading up to 11-22.

I wonder if we've seen everything from those files.

It's worth remembering that both John Kennedy and Lee Oswald were secretly taped by government agencies.

Kennedy's private moments with Inga Arvad were captured for posterity by the FBI.

Oswald's personal conversations with Marina were taped in Russia by the KGB.

Of course, both Kennedy and Oswald were under serious FBI surveillance in the time leading up to 11-22.

I wonder if we've seen everything from those files.

I always hear of these tapes of people -- Monroe and John Kennedy/Bobby Kennedy, especially. Well, they've been dead for 44 or so years now. So bring on the tapes. Who has them? Where are they?

Bernard (?) Spindel supposedly taped Monroe's phoneline and her house and captured the last night of Marilyn's life. As Senator, Robert Kennedy conducted a raid of Spindel's house (which Spindel taped) circa 1967 for the tapes. According to Robert Slatzer, on a phone tap someone asked, "Is she dead yet?" A new theory has come out that Marilyn's housekeeper, Eunice Murray, Peter Lawford and Monroe's psychiatrist, Ralph Greenson, tried to make Marilyn fake a suicide attempt. This would ensure that the Kennedys would feel bad for her and let her join their circle once again.

What actually happened, according to this theory, was that she passed away. The voice on the phone who asked, "Is she dead yet?" was supposedly Bobby Kennedy. In other words, they tricked her into committing suicide. And that would be the end of her. The raid made the newspapers.

I don't buy this argument for a minute. It's more crap to sell books. Produce the tapes. Four and a half decades have passed. Why can't we hear them? I guess Bobby Kennedy's kids would have a different view of their father if they came out. I don't think we'll ever hear them in my lifetime, if they ever existed. Who was Spindel -- CIA, FBI?

Kathy