The Education Forum

John Glenn To Be Killed in Kennedy's Era

Nic Martin

U.S. plan to kill astronaut John Glenn

Joint Chiefs of Staff sought to overthrow Cuba's Communist leader Fidel Castro

by Jennifer Monroe

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- (OfficialWire) -- 12/21/04 -- In March 1962, President John F. Kennedy was asked to approve a plan devised by his Joint Chiefs of Staff—to overthrow Cuba's new Communist leader Fidel Castro. The proposal, code named "Operation Northwoods," included violent acts of terrorism within the U.S., targeting large cities, the shooting down of U.S. airplanes carrying Americans, blowing up U.S. Naval ships and even the killing an American astronaut—John Glenn.

'No way' you say?

Way.

Don't think your government would plot to kill you, to further their ideals..?

Think again.

America's top leaders even proposed U.S. military casualties when they wrote: "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba."

The document suggested killing astronaut John Glenn during the first attempt to put an American into orbit as a false pretext for a war against Cuba.

If his rocket exploded and Glenn was killed, it would "provide irrevocable proof that the fault lies with the Communists," the Joint Chiefs wrote.

Details of the government's plan were described in the bestseller "Body of Secrets", a book by investigative reporter James Bamford. An article exposing these outrageous revelations was first published by ABC News on May 1, 2001 just four months before the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, D.C. on September 11, 2001.

According to the Operation Northwoods Memo signed by Gen. Lemnitzer, the plans are "based on the premise that US military intervention will result from a period of heightened tensions which place the United States in the position of suffering justifiable grievances. World opinion and the United Nations forum should be favorably affected by developing the international image of the Cuban government as rash and irresponsible and as an alarming and unpredictable threat to the peace of the Western Hemisphere."

These plans called for the events to be carried out covertly by the U.S. government in order to create public support for a war against Cuba by blaming Castro. The Joint Chiefs claimed, "casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation."

Sounds familiar doesn’t it?

Nic,

James Bamford The Puzzle Palace and Pretext for War were very good.

Secret agencies with financial assets and billion dollar black accounts; where credit cards go missing and buildings are asked to be kept off maps, this is the environs. When nothing is allowed to be asked, we must assume some nefarious activities. Their has been some manipulation of domestic US and overseas affairs. The power of the black operations rises incrementally with the narrowness of the doctrine.

This is a financial doctrine, that is built around foot-dragging on OIL, GASOLINE, PETROCHEMICAL status quo.

"Not in My Quarter!"

"Not in my Annual Statement"

That is the battle cry of the Seven Sisters, Halliburton, Aerospace and the Pentagon contractors.

by Jennifer Monroe

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- (OfficialWire) -- 12/21/04 -- In March 1962, President John F. Kennedy was asked to approve a plan devised by his Joint Chiefs of Staff—to overthrow Cuba's new Communist leader Fidel Castro. The proposal, code named "Operation Northwoods," included violent acts of terrorism within the U.S., targeting large cities, the shooting down of U.S. airplanes carrying Americans, blowing up U.S. Naval ships and even the killing an American astronaut—John Glenn.

'No way' you say?

Way.

Think again.

America's top leaders even proposed U.S. military casualties when they wrote: "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba."

The document suggested killing astronaut John Glenn during the first attempt to put an American into orbit as a false pretext for a war against Cuba.

If his rocket exploded and Glenn was killed, it would "provide irrevocable proof that the fault lies with the Communists," the Joint Chiefs wrote.

Details of the government's plan were described in the bestseller "Body of Secrets", a book by investigative reporter James Bamford. An article exposing these outrageous revelations was first published by ABC News on May 1, 2001 just four months before the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, D.C. on September 11, 2001.

According to the Operation Northwoods Memo signed by Gen. Lemnitzer, the plans are "based on the premise that US military intervention will result from a period of heightened tensions which place the United States in the position of suffering justifiable grievances. World opinion and the United Nations forum should be favorably affected by developing the international image of the Cuban government as rash and irresponsible and as an alarming and unpredictable threat to the peace of the Western Hemisphere."

These plans called for the events to be carried out covertly by the U.S. government in order to create public support for a war against Cuba by blaming Castro. The Joint Chiefs claimed, "casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation."

I could be wrong but my recollection of reading the documemt is NOT that the military was considering killing Glenn and blaming it on Cuba, but rather, if through malfunction or accident or whatever Glenn did not survive his planned orbit of the earth. to blame his death on Castro as a pretex for an invasion.

by Jennifer Monroe

'No way' you say?

Way.

Think again.

I could be wrong but my recollection of reading the documemt is NOT that the military was considering killing Glenn and blaming it on Cuba, but rather, if through malfunction or accident or whatever Glenn did not survive his planned orbit of the earth. to blame his death on Castro as a pretex for an invasion.

That was my original idea too, but I thought I was wrong after reading the article. Ah well, it came up on my daily news search for President Kennedy, and I decided to post it here.

by Jennifer Monroe

'No way' you say?

Way.

Think again.

That was my original idea too, but I thought I was wrong after reading the article. Ah well, it came up on my daily news search for President Kennedy, and I decided to post it here.

Not sure where the Glenn idea came from (I have read it too) but Glenn's flight was completed in Feb of 1962 and the Northwoods document is dated March of 1962, so the Glenn idea apparently pre-dated Northwoods.

Personal aside: for several years I worked at Little Palm Island (the island that was used to film "PT 109" before it was developed). One of my co-workers was a young Navy man in 1962 and he was on the boat that picked up Glenn from the Atlantic.

Edited by Tim Gratz