The Education Forum

Dealey Plaza Map

Note the FUZZED OUT area from frame one thru forty in ZAPRUDER, the portico connecting the county records and jail...

On a larger scale they drove him into a corralled cul-de-sac, an ARCADE ...

I call it the TRINITY RIVER MURDERS .......

Here you can see the tactical offensive salient, the sidewalk, retaining wall and HUDSON position

Edited by Shanet Clark

Wade,

I assume you are familiar with RB Cutler?

It's interesting to note that not one of these trajectories matches his theory concerning the umbrella firing flachette idea - he was a bit obsessed with this concept - as per a file I bought someplace once.

But it does have:

- 4 men behind the retaining wall.

- A shot from the DalTex striking the curb at main and wounding Tague [which is consistent with my theory on the windshield hole]

- Shots from the WEST window of the TSBD.

- A shot from behind the retaining wall.

- No South Knoll shooter.

- A simultaneous occiput and frontal shot to Kennedy's head

Interesting. But Dick Sprague was too dangerous, and had to be fired. :)

It's a very useful tool. I often 'white out' his observations to run my own trajectories and ideas. Don Roberdeau's map, posted in this thread, is fantastic. Very useful, and filled with data.

Cutler has 6 shots, but they don't account for all the possibilities, IMO.

For example:

- Furrows in the grass across from the stairs.

- Strike to the concrete by the manhole cover.

- Possible hit to the Stemmons Sign

- Dent to the chrome around the windshield

- Possible other shot from the front which may have struck the rearview mirror

- Shot that struck Elm Street pavement

- the .45 recovered by the mystery man

- etc.

Also worth noting, IMO, is the trajectory on the headshot.

Mrs. HILL - That's right, and I talked with this man, a Secret Service man, and I said, "Am I a kook or what's wrong with me?" I said, "They keep saying three shots---three shots," and I said, "I know I heard more. I heard from four to six shots anyway."

He said, "Mrs. Hill, we were standing at the window and we heard more shots also, but we have three wounds and we have three bullets, three shots is all that we are willing to say right now."

Mr. SPECTER - Now, did that Secret Service man try to suggest to you that there were only three shots in any other way than that?

Mrs. HILL - That's all he said to me. He didn't say, "You have to say three shots"---he didn't tell me what to say.

Mr. SPECTER - He didn't try to intimidate you or coerce you in any way?

Mrs. HILL - No; that's all he said.

Mr. SPECTER - All right. Go ahead and tell me what you told Mark Lane.

Mrs. HILL - I told him--I was asked by them---

Mr. SPECTER - Do you know who that Secret Service man was, by the way?

Mrs. HILL - No; I don't. I don't know--not any name that day except Decker and the President.

Mr. SPECTER - All right, go ahead and tell me everything else you said.

Mrs. HILL - Then, he asked me I was asked did I know that a bullet struck at my feet and I said, "No; I didn't." And he said, "What do you think that dust was?" And I said, "I didn't see any dust." And I told Mark Lane that the Times Herald did run a picture in the paper of a concrete scar where a bullet had hit right where we were standing, which is evident to anybody that had an issue of the Times Herald.

Mr. SPECTER - Did you see that concrete?

Mrs. HILL - I didn't go back down there.

Mr. SPECTER - Do you know whether or not a bullet did hit that concrete?

Mrs. HILL - As I say, I saw the picture in the newspaper.

Mr. SPECTER - Aside from seeing it in the newspaper, do you know anything about that?

Mrs. HILL - No; other than what the man said he saw out of the window of the courthouse, the Secret Service man said and it struck at my feet, other than that--I don't know.

- lee :(

Good Day Robin.... aniTHANKSpopup.gif for the reference.

Within my public JFK assassination file here....

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK

....is freely available for all the exact same-scaled Dealey Plaza map, but without the three followup diagrams & chart that the DP.jpg link contains; which is also less than half the bytes size, & therefore will load faster for you....

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/DPonly.gif

....and a blank, basically informationless, Dealey Plaza map (still detailing President KENNEDY's street position) that you can also save to your computer, and edit your own considerations onto....

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/DPblank.gif

....All comments and critiques are always welcomed. All referenced information will be considered for inclusion on the DP.jpg and DPonly.gif maps. Feel free to bookmark them in your favorites file and check back periodically as I usually update them, at least, monthly with new information.

Don Roberdeau

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, "Big John" Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, the Truth emerges Clearly

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/DP.jpg

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/ROSE...NOUNCEMENT.html

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

DHS3elevatedYELLOW.gif

"A red-brown to black area of skin surrounds the wound, forming what is called an abrasion collar. It was caused by the bullet's scraping the margins of the skin on penetration and is characteristic of a gunshot wound of entrance. The abrasion collar is larger at the lower margin of the wound, evidence that the bullet's trajectory at the instant of penetration was slightly upward in relation to the body."

- 07HSCA175 describing President KENNEDY's, theorized, not-completely-probed, neck and back wounds

Good Day Robin.... aniTHANKSpopup.gif for the reference.

Hi Don.

Your welcome.

I must admit the first time i looked at your map it did make me a bit dyslexic, a lot of information to try and take in all at one.

But then as i slowly started to scan it piece by piece, i could see that there was a lot of valuable information contained in it, and you have obviously put a lot of time into producing it.

• 6 months later...

just logging a useful reference, http://www.dfwmaps.com

feartures available : contours to 2 feet, aerial, online distance calculations to 0.1 foot etc...

• 1 year later...

Good Day.... Happy New Year for you and your Loved Ones!

Within my public President KENNEDY assassination file, here....

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK

....I have added the exact same professionally-surveyed Dealey Plaza map that is approximately 4 times larger for you in viewing size....

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/DPonlyLARGER.gif

....All comments and critiques are always welcomed. All referenced information will be considered for inclusion on the DP maps. Feel free to bookmark them in your favorites file and check back periodically as I usually update them, at least, monthly with new information.

Best Regards in Research,

Don

Don Roberdeau

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, "Big John," Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges Clearly

ROSEMARY WILLIS 2nd Headsnap; Westward, Ultrafast, & Towards the "Grassy Knoll"

Dealey Plaza Professionally-surveyed Map Detailing Victims locations, Witnesses, Photographers, Suspected trajectories, Evidentiary artifacts, etc

BOND Photos Do Not Timestamp Gordon Arnold

4 Principles

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

DHS3elevatedYELLOW.gif

"A red-brown to black area of skin surrounds the wound, forming what is called an abrasion collar. It was caused by the bullet's scraping the margins of the skin on penetration and is characteristic of a gunshot wound of entrance. The abrasion collar is larger at the lower margin of the wound, evidence that the bullet's trajectory at the instant of penetration was slightly upward in relation to the body."

- 07HSCA175 describing President KENNEDY's, theorized, not-completely-probed, neck and back wounds

Edited by Don Roberdeau

A professionally surveyed map of Dealey Plaza is an extremely valuable resource for researchers, particularly one which is dated prior to (and as close to) the date of the assassination. Due to location and other constraints, maps and photographs are often as close as one can get to examining the physical scene of the crime.

Don, I would appreciate if you could provide some details as to the estimated survey date for this map, the original scale and the methods used to carry out the survey? I am presuming that the original survey was stored as a paper map which has then been scanned electronically for web display.

One related thought which occurred to me whilst reading the Stemmons Freeway sign thread, has anyone sourced any aerial photographs of Dealey Plaza from 1963 or prior to 1963?

Apologies if this has been covered previously, I am a relative newcomer, hence my first posting.

Regards