The Education Forum

Ruby and his dogs

Are you suggesting that Ruby was brainwashed into shooting Oswald in the same way that Sirhan was programmed to shoot at RFK? If so, this would mean that Ruby shooting Oswald was part of the planned JFK conspiracy. I don't see how that could be, since it seems to me the arrest of Oswald was totally unexpected. And I don't think anyone had time to program Ruby between the JFK murder and the shooting of Oswald.

Ron, brainwashing, to my mind is a pretty broad term encompassing everything from the affects of advertising through to programming an assassin. I'd put Sirhan up that latter end of the scale, and what happened with Ruby at the other where reward/threats/drugs/reinforcement/propaganda where utilized. I have also considered the possibility of hypnotism being used (refer to my seminar). I think these techniques were employed to use Ruby in some way for the assassination itself. When Oswald was captured (and I agree, it was an unexpected event - I think the plan had been to whisk him out of the country, snuff him and make it look like he'd fled to Cuba), it wasn't that difficult to "refocus" Ruby onto Oswald. I do believe Ruby had no immediate recollection of killing Oswald, but because his brainwashing wasn't the full Sirhan-style treatment, he did slowly recover at least some memories ("Gentlemen, I have been used for a purpose.")

Antii,

Thanks for pointing out about the sweater.

Sometimes when you research these stories it seems like there's never an end. I just came across further testimony about a dog being in the car, this from parking lot attendant Theodore Jackson.

Jackson testified to the WC that Ruby's car was in the lot when he came to work about noon. What is odd about Jackson's testimony is his seeming uncertainty when first asked if there was a dog in the car. Thereafter he is quite conversant about a dog being there.

Why do people do this?

Mr. HUBERT. When you came up and saw this car did you put a ticket on it?

Mr. JACKSON. I put a ticket on it.

Mr. HUBERT. Were there any other cars parked in the lot?

Mr. JACKSON. Yes, sir; about, oh, I guess about six--about six more besides his, five or six more, I disremember.

Ron, Annti, John G,

The car park was opposite DPD which was swarming with reporters from around the world, and this very conveniently located car park only had 5 or 6 cars in it??? But then, he admits he "disremembers".

Mr. HUBERT. Now, and you put a ticket on the car, did you notice whether the car was open, or closed?

Mr. JACKSON. No, sir; I didn't. I just looked at the car and the key was gone. The keys wasn't in the switch, and I just got a ticket, just stamped the ticket and put it on the windshield.

Mr. HUBERT. Was there a dog in the car?

Mr. JACKSON. Yes, sir; I think so. It was--yes, it was a dog in the car.

Took him a second or two to remember what he was instructed to say, methinks.

Mr. HUBERT. Was there any window open so that the dog could get some air?

Mr. JACKSON. I never looked whether there was or not.

Mr. HUBERT. Did that seem strange to you that there--somebody had a dog in the parked automobile?

Mr. JACKSON. Well, it did, two detectives came down, and they started searching the car, but they were looking for a key.

This was 1:30, so Sheba, if we are to believe she really was in the car, had now been inside for over 2 hours. No one thus far however, has shown any interest in her welfare... over 2 hours is a long time, even if it was not a hot day.

Mr. HUBERT. Were they able to open the door of the car?

Mr. JACKSON. I don't think the car was locked up, because they came down, well, they wasn't--it couldn't have been locked up, because they were looking for the key to the switch, because they wanted to take the car to the pound.

Mr. HUBERT. Before we get to that, how long after you got on duty and put the ticket on Mr. Ruby's car, did the detectives arrive?

Mr. JACKSON. Oh, about an hour or so, I guess. I believe about an hour or so.

Jackson guessed wrong. It was over two hours.

From an undated report from SA O’Maley: “On November 24, 1963 Lieutenant R. LEE MAY….. advised the Dallas Police Department has in their Auto Pound a 1960 Oldsmobile, two-door, VIN 607T07749, bearing 1963 Texas license [sic] PD 768. This vehicle is the property of Jack Ruby, 3929 Oak Lawn, Dallas, Texas. This vehicle was impounded at 1:30 p.m. from the 2000 block of Main Street, Dallas, Texas.”

Was the above address that of the car park?

Mr. HUBERT. Well, did they have any difficulty in opening the doors of the car?

Mr. JACKSON. I never even noticed them until they was out there to the car. I was listening to the radio about it.

Mr. HUBERT. What did you say with reference to the detectives, what they were doing?

Mr. JACKSON. They were searching--they searched the car.

Mr. HUBERT. The doors were open by the time you saw it?

Mr. JACKSON. They was searching the car.

Mr. HUBERT. Well, now, answer my question, were the doors open or do you remember?

Mr. JACKSON. When I seen them they were searching they must have been open.

Mr. HUBERT. When you say "searching," do you mean they were searching the back?

Mr. JACKSON. Looking for a key. They said they were looking for a key.

Mr. HUBERT. Key to what? The ignition?

Mr. JACKSON. The ignition key, and I think the trunk key, and they opened up the trunk and there was a bunch of sacks in the trunk. I don't know what was in them, and after they told me they was detectives, that was Jack Ruby's car, and I just took the ticket off the car and they were going--said they was going to take the car to the pound, and said something or another about calling somebody.

Mr. HUBERT. Doing what?

Mr. JACKSON. Said something or another about calling somebody, some of his relatives or something to see what they wanted to do with his dog. They were going to take the car to the pound.

Mr. HUBERT. Did they do anything with this dog, that you know of?

Mr. JACKSON. I don't know. They took the car to the pound.

Mr. HUBERT. What happened to the dog? Was it still in the car when they took it?

Mr. JACKSON. Yes; the dog was still in the car.

The info I provided above was sent to me by someone after reading the thread. This person had thoroughly researched the issue several years ago, and seems to agree with me that Sheba was not in the car. Another interesting tidbit he alerted me to was that the car was searched multiple times by DPD and FBI. Each new search yielded swags of new items. Make of that what you will.

He also brought to my attention, the FBI report of 11/28 which stated “Detective H.H. Stidham, Automobile Theft Bureau, made available the automobile stored in the Dallas Police Automobile Pound which is believed to be owned by JACK LEON RUBY.”

All prior reports by both FBI and DPD had stated unambiguously that the car was Ruby's. Why the late, and sudden uncertainty?

As you said, Ron... sometimes there never seems to be an end...

From an undated report from SA O’Maley: “On November 24, 1963 Lieutenant R. LEE MAY….. advised the Dallas Police Department has in their Auto Pound a 1960 Oldsmobile, two-door, VIN 607T07749, bearing 1963 Texas license [sic] PD 768.  This vehicle is the property of Jack Ruby, 3929 Oak Lawn, Dallas, Texas.  This vehicle was impounded at 1:30 p.m. from the 2000 block of Main Street, Dallas, Texas.” 

Was the above address that of the car park?

According to Detective Smart’s statement, it was the Allright Parking Lot, at the corner of Main and Pearl.

The info I provided above was sent to me by someone after reading the thread. This person had thoroughly researched the issue several years ago, and seems to agree with me that Sheba was not in the car.

I removed my article from the web yesterday because I am now also fairly well convinced that Ruby did not take Sheba with him that morning. There are two many oddities in the official story, such as Detective Smart testifying that he didn’t see the dog till after he had searched the car and tried a key in the ignition, because the dog was under three newspapers on the front seat, and the dog rose up only when Smart put his hand on the papers. (Is this the usual type of behavior exhibited by dogs left in cars? And why and how would a dog crawl out of sight under three newspapers, not even bothering to rise up and see what stranger was getting into and searching the car?)

It’s possible that the dog was taken from Ruby’s apartment and put in the car, or it’s possible that the dog was never in the car and Senator, Jackson, Armstrong, and some of the cops were simply told to talk about a dog being in the car. I suppose that just talking about a dog being in the car would be easier than actually putting one in it.

Ron

Edited by Ron Ecker