The Education Forum
  • Announcements

• Evan Burton

OPEN REGISTRATION BY EMAIL ONLY !!! PLEASE CLICK ON THIS TITLE FOR INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION!:   06/03/2017

We have 5 requirements for registration: 1.Sign up with your real name. (This will be your Username) 2.A valid email address 3.Your agreement to the Terms of Use, seen here: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21403. 4. Your photo for use as an avatar  5.. A brief biography. We will post these for you, and send you your password. We cannot approve membership until we receive these. If you are interested, please send an email to: edforumbusiness@outlook.com We look forward to having you as a part of the Forum! Sincerely, The Education Forum Team

I recently discovered the British TV series "Time Team". It is fantastic series. If an EF Archaeology forum was created and Time Team video links were hosted therein, preferably from a better source than YouTube, it could be a place  for interesting discussion. While the YouTube videos do contain decent commentary in the discussion area, it is still YouTube and those discussions do devolve a bit. EF would be good place for such discussions.

I don't see any reason that couldn't be done. Let me get approval to do that and I'll advise here when done.

Evan, i don't think anyone has an outside source for this, aside from you tube,  and we don't want any copyright infringements.

It's Channell 4 in England, not BBC. I thought the Brits might have a connection to get permission for good links to good video. Some of the YouTube videos have audio that is out of synch. 

It might be old school stuff for UKers, but I just discovered it, and I am hooked.

Thanks for the consideration all.

I'm sure we could put up an Archaeology  section, though.

Posted (edited)
On 8/7/2017 at 3:46 AM, Evan Burton said:

I don't see any reason that couldn't be done. Let me get approval to do that and I'll advise here when done.

On 8/7/2017 at 8:11 PM, Kathy Beckett said:

I'm sure we could put up an Archaeology  section, though.

If you see fit to open an archeology subforum paerhaps James or John Simkin (UK) could ask some of the former Time Team cast to join the forum. They have become iconic figures to me since I have become such a fan of the show since I discovered it a month or so ago. I am no fan of the Telly, so this is unheard-of for me.

I didn't quote James in this reply because I haven't seen him weigh-in on this idea yet, and I don't know if he is keen on-it.

Cheers, 

Michael

Edited by Michael Clark