The Education Forum

live round in the chamber

7 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I'm confused.  My wife says that's sometimes easily done.  But this sounds impossible, the last sentence.

How could Fritz have "let" Day dust the live round for prints Before Ejecting It From The Rifle?

It can't be done.  It IS impossible.  McCloy wasn't that stupid, he let it slide.  Another Warren Omission smooth over.

Ron,

That was why I included that reference.

Day's and Fritz's stories are inconsistent. Something's wrong.

Steve Thomas

16 hours ago, Ian Lloyd said:

Yep - been knocking around for years...

What strikes me is that Mooney was looking for a gunman/gunmen in the building, these guys come running down the stairs yet he doesn't stop to ask them who they are, where they've been, what they've seen/found etc., etc...????...

Great police work!!! :-(

When I re-read all this stuff last year, I made a list of all the unidentified officers observed in the building, as well as the names of officers who were in the building but never made a statement. There were something like 6 references to unnamed officers, and 5 named officers who never made a statement. In short, the assassin or assassins could have escaped without problem should they have been police officers, or disguised as police officers.

As far as Mooney, I'm pretty sure the men he saw were Inspector Sawyer and another unnamed DPD officer, who took the front elevator up to the fourth floor, ran to the back of the building, saw Baker and Truly as they came down on the east elevator, and then ran back down the stairs and out the front in order to close off the building.

4 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

When I re-read all this stuff last year, I made a list of all the unidentified officers observed in the building, as well as the names of officers who were in the building but never made a statement. There were something like 6 references to unnamed officers, and 5 named officers who never made a statement. In short, the assassin or assassins could have escaped without problem should they have been police officers, or disguised as police officers.

As far as Mooney, I'm pretty sure the men he saw were Inspector Sawyer and another unnamed DPD officer, who took the front elevator up to the fourth floor, ran to the back of the building, saw Baker and Truly as they came down on the east elevator, and then ran back down the stairs and out the front in order to close off the building.

Pat,

I don't know. I've re-read Sawyer's WC testimony several times now, and I don't see where he says he came back down using the stairs. Is that somewhere else?

Steve Thomas

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2018 at 5:48 AM, Steve Thomas said:

Pat,

I don't know. I've re-read Sawyer's WC testimony several times now, and I don't see where he says he came back down using the stairs. Is that somewhere else?

Steve Thomas

I may have just pieced that together myself. Baker and Truly saw him on the 4th floor as they descended. They were riding on the east elevator, which Sawyer could not have called back to the 4th. The west elevator was up on the 5th.with Dougherty. It seems clear, then, that Sawyer either raced back to the front elevator, or ran down the back stairs. I suspect the latter, based in part on his stating he came back "downstairs".

Mr. BELIN. You went up to the top floor that the elevator would go to?
Mr. SAWYER. That's right.
Mr. BELIN. You got off, and were there officers there?
Mr. SAWYER. There was one or two other officers with me.
Mr. BELIN. Now when you got off, you say you went into the back there into a warehouse area?
Mr. SAWYER. Storage area; what appeared to be a storage area.
Mr. BELIN. Did you go into any place other than a warehouse or storage area?
Mr. SAWYER. No.
Mr. BELIN. Was there anything other than a warehouse or storage area there?
Mr. SAWYER. Well, to one side I could see an office over there with people in it. Some women that apparently were office workers.
Mr. BELIN. Now Inspector, what did you do then?
Mr. SAWYER. Well, I didn't see anything that was out of the ordinary, so I immediately came back downstairs to check the security on the building.