The Education Forum

How to delete photos to free up attachment space.

In the upper-right corner of the forum window is an icon made up of three parallel lines. (Some people see a photo icon of themselves instead.) Click this to open the forum menu. Then click on Account and then My Attachments.

You will now see a list of photos you've uploaded and to the right of each photo is the post you attached the photo to.

Find the photo you want to delete. Then click the name of the thread (on the right) where you attached the photo.

This will open a new window and, if you wait a few seconds, your browser should automatically go to the post where that photo is attached. (In my case, I often need to scroll down a little. That's because of a flaw in my version of FireFox.)

In the upper-right corner of the post is an icon made up of three dots. Click this to open the post menu. Then click on Edit. At the very bottom of the editor window you will see a thumbnail copy of the photo that is attached. In the corner of the thumbnail you will see a tiny X icon. Click this to remove the photo from your allotted attachment space. Click Save to save your change.

If this same photo has been attached to multiple posts, you will need to follow these instructions for each post before the attachment will be removed from your allotted space.

Edited by Sandy Larsen