The Education Forum

JFK researchers like mysteries, so why...

Jack,

If I knew anything about photography, and had the necessary software to alter photos (people do it all the time for fun with something called PhotoShop, but I know nothing about it), I could take a NASA photo, add or remove anything from that photo that I wanted to to make it look like a faked landing, and then publish the altered photo on my website, promoting it as proof that the moon landing was faked.

The only people who could expose what I did would be NASA, which probably wouldn't bother, assuming they even became aware of my website, or someone outside of NASA who was knowledgeable about the photo and knew it was an altered photo. It would then be up to them to expose what I did if they were inclined to, had their own website to expose my dishonesty, etc.

This kind of thing is almost to be expected. If you are familiar with 9/11 conspiracy websites, I'm sure you know that one or two have been accused of adding flashes of light to video captures of the planes hitting the WTC to make it look like a rocket or something was fired from the plane just before impact. Was the flash there in the original video? I have no idea. I suppose someone will have to prove it. The point is, this kind of fakery and dishonesty is almost to be expected, since the world is full of dishonest people and any of them who want to can set up on the world wide web with whatever they want to promote.

I'm not trying to say that you or anyone else have been taken in by a NASA photograph that someone altered to remove the rover tracks. I'm just pointing out that these kinds of things are done. I know nothing about the photo in question except what you posted, or any other NASA photos, because I haven't looked into the question of faked moon landings. Right now the JFK conspiracy is about all I can handle.

Ron

Edited by Ron Ecker

Jack,

I looked at the two links you’ve provided in another thread ("Are JFK Researchers at Risk?"), in your post about attacks on you for your Apollo research, and soon came across the NASA photo in question (the one showing no tracks):

http://www.clavius.org/rover2.html

The site offers a couple of explanations for why there are no visible tracks in the photo. Whether one accepts those explanations is of course another question. But the question I had about whether or not NASA apologists have addressed the issue has been answered.

Ron

Jack,

If I knew anything about photography, and had the necessary software to alter photos (people do it all the time for fun with something called PhotoShop, but I know nothing about it), I could take a NASA photo, add or remove anything from that photo that I wanted to to make it look like a faked landing, and then publish the altered photo on my website, promoting it as proof that the moon landing was faked.

The only people who could expose what I did would be NASA, which probably wouldn't bother, assuming they even became aware of my website, or someone outside of NASA who was knowledgeable about the photo and knew it was an altered photo. It would then be up to them to expose what I did if they were inclined to, had their own website to expose my dishonesty, etc.

This kind of thing is almost to be expected. If you are familiar with 9/11 conspiracy websites, I'm sure you know that one or two have been accused of adding flashes of light to video captures of the planes hitting the WTC to make it look like a rocket or something was fired from the plane just before impact. Was the flash there in the original video? I have no idea. I suppose someone will have to prove it. The point is, this kind of fakery and dishonesty is almost to be expected, since the world is full of dishonest people and any of them who want to can set up on the world wide web with whatever they want to promote.

I'm not trying to say that you or anyone else have been taken in by a NASA photograph that someone altered to remove the rover tracks. I'm just pointing out that these kinds of things are done. I know nothing about the photo in question except what you posted, or any other NASA photos, because I haven't looked into the question of faked moon landings. Right now the JFK conspiracy is about all I can handle.

Ron

Ron...of course you are correct that anyone good at PhotoShop can

alter NASA images successfully. (see attachment)

However, you apparently did not understand what I have been saying:

All of my analyses are done ONLY ON PHOTO IMAGES POSTED ON

OFFICIAL NASA WEBSITES, not others. These include Lunar Surface

Journal, Johnson Space Center, Apollo Missions, and Jet Propulsion

Lab. These are "official NASA original images"...not manipulated by

any third party.

Jack ;)

Edited by Jack White