The Education Forum

NARA Documents which should be declassified, to resolve JFK Assassination issues

In the day's to come I will be noting particular documents, that do not appear to have a valid reason for still being classified.

The only criteria which apply at all regarding any document in the JFK Assassination still being classified, are related to.

1. In reference to National Security

2. Protecting the identity of a member of an intelligence organization, or a still living informant.

3. With regards to sources and methods

4. And if the material classified in question being released, is dependent on a family member. One example being the Kennedy family, in reference to consent being pursuant to a representative of said person, consent as a representative of the family before certain documents can be released.

The first documents are in relation to a person named Charlie, ostensibly associated with Pat Kirkwood Jr. Before listing the document number I have included a portion of a Warren Commission document which describes to a degree the relationship as it is recorded in an unclassified document.

WCD 71 - FBI Kemmy Report of 04 Dec 1963 re: Oswald/Russia

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...mp;relPageId=34

SA T-[illegible] , advised that November 25, 1963, that he is personally unacquainted with Lee Harvey Oswald, but is slightly acquainted with Jack Rubenstein, having infrequently patronized his nightclubs at Dallas, Texas, in the past. Source knows nothing of Ruby other than his personal appearance.

Source advised that a man possibly involved in the events of November 22, 1963 at Dallas, or with Ruby or with Oswald in the past is a “beatnik” known to associate with Pat Kirkwood, Jr. Source could not recall the man’s name other than Charlie.

Charlie is described by source who was met him as of probably American birth, but of recent immigrant Middle-European stock. He is of about 40 years, 5’4 tall, 130 pounds, hair black, balding, wears small goatee beard, sloppy dresser, personally dirty, quiet in demeanor, has a lively gifted mind.

Charlie has no apprent livelihood, but lends his mind to Pat Kirkwood, Jr. and lives off him and others in Kirkwood’s circle. Kirkwood operates “The Cellar,” a nightclub, Dallas-Ft Worth area, frequented by beatniks. Kirkwood’s father was under indictment about three or four years ago for gambling, after raid by Texas Rangers on his premises. Source believes Charlie and Pat may be connected to Ruby or Oswald simply because they are, from news and TV accounts, odd-ball or “way-out” people.

Charlie departed Ft. Worth about early spring 1962. He travelled in Europe. He returned to the United States through South America, and via Matamoros, Tamualipas, Mexico.

Pat Kirkwood, Jr. and his wife Gay Lovette Petta by pre-arrangement met Charlie at Brownsville, Texas where the trio spent about ten day’s together.

They stayed at 25 Coria in Brownsville, then the residence of Joseph F. Petta, a beauty parlor operator, and uncle of Mrs Pat Kirkwood, Jr.

(Joseph F. Petta is reportedly now employed at Vernon’s Beaty Shop, Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, Texas.)

The above document continues for another page........

Below are two documents which to the best of my knowledge are still classified.

AGENCY : HSCA

RECORD NUMBER : 180-10083-10346

RECORDS SERIES : NUMBERED FILES

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 005645

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : WC

TO : [No To]

TITLE : [No Title]

DATE : 01/13/1964

PAGES : 3

DOCUMENT TYPE : REPORT

SUBJECTS : CARLIN, KAREN LYNN; RUBY, JACK, BACKGROUND, ASSOCIATES

AND RELATIVES; BUNKER, JERRY HARRIS; DALE, JOY;

KIRKWOOD, PAT

CLASSIFICATION : UNCLASSIFIED

RESTRICTIONS : REFERRED

CURRENT STATUS : POSTPONED IN FULL

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 07/07/1993

COMMENTS : WC CR 1179. Box 115.

AGENCY : WC

RECORD NUMBER : 179-40004-10097

RECORDS SERIES : 10: PETTA, JOSEPH

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : FBI

DATE : 12/23/1963

PAGES : 5

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER, TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : KIRKWOOD, PAT; CHARLIE

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 00/00/0000

COMMENTS : 2 COPIES; ALSO DL 100-10461; P. 381-85; BOX F07

In the day's to come I will be noting particular documents, that do not appear to have a valid reason for still being classified.

The only criteria which apply at all regarding any document in the JFK Assassination still being classified, are related to.

2. Protecting the identity of a member of an intelligence organization, or a still living informant.

4. And if the material classified in question being released, is dependent on a family member. One example being the Kennedy family, in reference to consent being pursuant to a representative of said person, consent as a representative of the family before certain documents can be released.

The first documents are in relation to a person named Charlie, ostensibly associated with Pat Kirkwood Jr. Before listing the document number I have included a portion of a Warren Commission document which describes to a degree the relationship as it is recorded in an unclassified document.

SA T-[illegible] , advised that November 25, 1963, that he is personally unacquainted with Lee Harvey Oswald, but is slightly acquainted with Jack Rubenstein, having infrequently patronized his nightclubs at Dallas, Texas, in the past. Source knows nothing of Ruby other than his personal appearance.

Source advised that a man possibly involved in the events of November 22, 1963 at Dallas, or with Ruby or with Oswald in the past is a “beatnik” known to associate with Pat Kirkwood, Jr. Source could not recall the man’s name other than Charlie.

Charlie is described by source who was met him as of probably American birth, but of recent immigrant Middle-European stock. He is of about 40 years, 5’4 tall, 130 pounds, hair black, balding, wears small goatee beard, sloppy dresser, personally dirty, quiet in demeanor, has a lively gifted mind.

Charlie has no apprent livelihood, but lends his mind to Pat Kirkwood, Jr. and lives off him and others in Kirkwood’s circle. Kirkwood operates “The Cellar,” a nightclub, Dallas-Ft Worth area, frequented by beatniks. Kirkwood’s father was under indictment about three or four years ago for gambling, after raid by Texas Rangers on his premises. Source believes Charlie and Pat may be connected to Ruby or Oswald simply because they are, from news and TV accounts, odd-ball or “way-out” people.

Charlie departed Ft. Worth about early spring 1962. He travelled in Europe. He returned to the United States through South America, and via Matamoros, Tamualipas, Mexico.

Pat Kirkwood, Jr. and his wife Gay Lovette Petta by pre-arrangement met Charlie at Brownsville, Texas where the trio spent about ten day’s together.

They stayed at 25 Coria in Brownsville, then the residence of Joseph F. Petta, a beauty parlor operator, and uncle of Mrs Pat Kirkwood, Jr.

(Joseph F. Petta is reportedly now employed at Vernon’s Beaty Shop, Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, Texas.)

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

KIRKWOOD, PAT

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

There will be other RIF's forthcoming, but I am in the middle of confirming a list I prepared some months ago, is still accurate.

In the meantime, the following individuals and or topics are, to the best of my knowledge still classified.

The following still classified documents reference the following persons and/or subjects.

Block, Morris

Burley, William

Buch, Charles A. Santos

Carroll, Marion

Carlin, Bruce

Cheek, Bertha

Collins Radio

Conforto, Janet - Document incl. the Purvis Letter

Crafard, Larry

Crawley, Joe

Crawley, Doyle

Daly, Martin I - Investigation of

Davis III, Thomas Eli

Donnell, William & Palmer, Thomas Stewart - related to Jack Ruby AGVA

Dunkin, John Thomas - originator U S Coast Guard

Gonzales, Manuel Garcia

Goldstein, Frank

Harvey, William

Hurt, John - U.S. Secret Service

Jelisavcic, Michael -

Kutner, Louis - Originator - Louis Kutner

Martin, James

OPLAN 32-64 (PHASE II)

Oswald, Lee Harvey - Attached to McAfee to Deutrich 11/20/78 Box 5

Oswald, Marina

Rubenstein, Jack Leon

Rubenstein, Marion Carroll

Schmidt, Larrie

Seymour, William

Smolikoff, Charles, Small Charles

Sturgis, Frank

Jean Souetre/Michael Roux

Stanford, John

Taber, Robert

Thomas Eli Davis III

Trujillo Assassination, Cuba, Chile

Yaras, David

Wright, Allen Eli

As an aside, there has been for 44 years every negative description and label under the sun, aimed at researchers and any person, who has never subscribed to the official proclamation of no conspiracy, my own viewpoint after looking at the names listed, is that, on the contrary, I would say in light of the aforementioned names, would seem to indicate the research community has been doing a pretty damn good job.

• 2 months later...

Source advised that a man possibly involved in the events of November 22, 1963 at Dallas, or with Ruby or with Oswald in the past is a "beatnik" known to associate with Pat Kirkwood, Jr. Source could not recall the man's name other than Charlie.

Charlie is described by source who was met him as of probably American birth, but of recent immigrant Middle-European stock. He is of about 40 years, 5'4 tall, 130 pounds, hair black, balding, wears small goatee beard, sloppy dresser, personally dirty, quiet in demeanor, has a lively gifted mind.

Charlie has no apprent livelihood, but lends his mind to Pat Kirkwood, Jr. and lives off him and others in Kirkwood's circle. Kirkwood operates "The Cellar," a nightclub, Dallas-Ft Worth area, frequented by beatniks. Kirkwood's father was under indictment about three or four years ago for gambling, after raid by Texas Rangers on his premises. Source believes Charlie and Pat may be connected to Ruby or Oswald simply because they are, from news and TV accounts, odd-ball or "way-out" people.

Pat Kirkwood, Jr. and his wife Gay Lovette Petta by pre-arrangement met Charlie at Brownsville, Texas where the trio spent about ten day's together.

(Joseph F. Petta is reportedly now employed at Vernon's Beaty Shop, Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, Texas.)

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

KIRKWOOD, PAT

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

There will be other RIF's forthcoming, but I am in the middle of confirming a list I prepared some months ago, is still accurate.

In the meantime, the following individuals and or topics are, to the best of my knowledge still classified.

The following still classified documents reference the following persons and/or subjects.

Block, Morris

Burley, William

Buch, Charles A. Santos

Carroll, Marion

Carlin, Bruce

Cheek, Bertha

Collins Radio

Crafard, Larry

Crawley, Joe

Crawley, Doyle

Davis III, Thomas Eli

Gonzales, Manuel Garcia

Goldstein, Frank

Harvey, William

Jelisavcic, Michael -

Martin, James

OPLAN 32-64 (PHASE II)

Oswald, Marina

Rubenstein, Jack Leon

Schmidt, Larrie

Seymour, William

Sturgis, Frank

Stanford, John

Taber, Robert

Thomas Eli Davis III

Yaras, David

Wright, Allen Eli

As an aside, there has been for 44 years every negative description and label under the sun, aimed at researchers and any person, who has never subscribed to the official proclamation of no conspiracy, my own viewpoint after looking at the names listed, is that, on the contrary, I would say in light of the aforementioned names, would seem to indicate the research community has been doing a pretty damn good job.

Robert,

I had missed this thread when you started it but I think it is very important that we keep track of the records that remain classified.

The ARRB sent me rhemes of lists of records they declassified sandwiched in with others that they withheld in full or in part until 1996, 2005-6 and 2017.

I have started a list of those that are classified until 2017 and began to review some of those that were withheld until 2005 to see what they say that was so secret.

We also should have a list of those records still withheld to present to the Congressional Oversight Committee, when they get around to holding hearings.

With the new climate in Washington, the records withheld until 2017 should be subpoened by the Congressional Committee and released or released under an Executive Order by the President.

BK

Source advised that a man possibly involved in the events of November 22, 1963 at Dallas, or with Ruby or with Oswald in the past is a "beatnik" known to associate with Pat Kirkwood, Jr. Source could not recall the man's name other than Charlie.

Charlie is described by source who was met him as of probably American birth, but of recent immigrant Middle-European stock. He is of about 40 years, 5'4 tall, 130 pounds, hair black, balding, wears small goatee beard, sloppy dresser, personally dirty, quiet in demeanor, has a lively gifted mind.

Charlie has no apprent livelihood, but lends his mind to Pat Kirkwood, Jr. and lives off him and others in Kirkwood's circle. Kirkwood operates "The Cellar," a nightclub, Dallas-Ft Worth area, frequented by beatniks. Kirkwood's father was under indictment about three or four years ago for gambling, after raid by Texas Rangers on his premises. Source believes Charlie and Pat may be connected to Ruby or Oswald simply because they are, from news and TV accounts, odd-ball or "way-out" people.

Pat Kirkwood, Jr. and his wife Gay Lovette Petta by pre-arrangement met Charlie at Brownsville, Texas where the trio spent about ten day's together.

(Joseph F. Petta is reportedly now employed at Vernon's Beaty Shop, Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, Texas.)

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

KIRKWOOD, PAT

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

Block, Morris

Burley, William

Buch, Charles A. Santos

Carroll, Marion

Carlin, Bruce

Cheek, Bertha

Collins Radio

Crafard, Larry

Crawley, Joe

Crawley, Doyle

Davis III, Thomas Eli

Gonzales, Manuel Garcia

Goldstein, Frank

Harvey, William

Jelisavcic, Michael -

Martin, James

OPLAN 32-64 (PHASE II)

Oswald, Marina

Rubenstein, Jack Leon

Schmidt, Larrie

Seymour, William

Sturgis, Frank

Stanford, John

Taber, Robert

Thomas Eli Davis III

Yaras, David

Wright, Allen Eli

Robert,

I had missed this thread when you started it but I think it is very important that we keep track of the records that remain classified.

The ARRB sent me rhemes of lists of records they declassified sandwiched in with others that they withheld in full or in part until 1996, 2005-6 and 2017.

I have started a list of those that are classified until 2017 and began to review some of those that were withheld until 2005 to see what they say that was so secret.

We also should have a list of those records still withheld to present to the Congressional Oversight Committee, when they get around to holding hearings.

With the new climate in Washington, the records withheld until 2017 should be subpoened by the Congressional Committee and released or released under an Executive Order by the President.

BK

I hope none here are so naive as to think that the documents scheduled to be released in 2017 will be release in 2017. I'd bet my life on the fact that few will be - if any. They'll find a 'reason/excuse' to delay it until all who have any feel for the JFK assassination are long dead and gone.....and when it is like the Lincoln assassination no one will complain when they are simply not released EVER for reasons of National Security and other BS.......i.e. don't hold your breath!!!!!!

To get them at any time we are going to have to FIGHT for them....don't be so naive as to think they will fall into our hands without a fight. Anyone who has half a clue as to what really happened 11/22/63 KNOWS the American Govt. falls FORERVER and COMPLETELY if and when they come clean on the documents and the truth. May it happen in my lifetime. I'd love to dance on the ashes of this disgraced system and polity. We [the People] can make a new one. They [the Oligarchy] can not and will not. It is them or us. No coexistance is possible any more. IMHO

I have found many documents such as the one I posted the RIF page of initially. The problem is the categorization seems inherently contradictory, which is why I haven't posted anymore...

Notice that the one document I posted the RIF to above states

Classification - unclassified

and

Current Status - postponed in full.....

obviously these are two categories that simply do not jibe; The layman's reaction would probably be that they are still postponed in full, but are to some degree pardon the expression....in document purgatory......Not de-classified but not officially Postponed-In-Full......

The problem is for me that there are at least 35-40 documents that to a veteran researcher look like best chance of significant new information, but I can't continue to post the RIF's until I know beyond a shadow of a doubt the true status of the ducument, otherwise I am mis-representing the status of said document.

Peter, I didn't mean to ignore your post, I too as a skeptic about 2017 or any other future date.....

and get mental images of things like the Marlin, in Hemingway's Old Man and The Sea, or in a more common vernacular, Geraldo Rivera peering into Al Capone's Vault...lol.......Whatever happened to that serious journalist that left ABC to get the truth behind the Kennedy Assassination...he said rhetorically...

As W.C.Fields or P.T. Barnum once said "There's a sucker born every minute."

Edited by Robert Howard