The Education Forum

2009 seminars?

John Geraghty

I thought that I might float the idea that we relaunch the education forum seminar that coincides with the conferences on the JFK assassination in Dallas.

I believe the last time we did this was 2007 and it proved quite successful. A number of people offer to write an original paper on a subject of their choice relating to the assassination, then a timetable is set up. Each contributor posts their article at a certain time over the weekend of the 20th-22nd.

If we're lucky some people attending the COPA and Lacer conferences might be able to give us updates on developments there.

COPA will broadcast some of their speakers live over the internet. So far I believe those speakers to be Cyril Wecht, Doug Valentine and possibly Jim Douglass live from Dallas. Others might be included in this.

We could set up a thread about each of these speakers and hold discussions on the talk as it happens.

Would others be interested in reestablishing this online conference? I would be prepared to write a piece.

All the best,

John

I thought that I might float the idea that we relaunch the education forum seminar that coincides with the conferences on the JFK assassination in Dallas.

I believe the last time we did this was 2007 and it proved quite successful. A number of people offer to write an original paper on a subject of their choice relating to the assassination, then a timetable is set up. Each contributor posts their article at a certain time over the weekend of the 20th-22nd.

If we're lucky some people attending the COPA and Lacer conferences might be able to give us updates on developments there.

COPA will broadcast some of their speakers live over the internet. So far I believe those speakers to be Cyril Wecht, Doug Valentine and possibly Jim Douglass live from Dallas. Others might be included in this.

We could set up a thread about each of these speakers and hold discussions on the talk as it happens.

Would others be interested in reestablishing this online conference? I would be prepared to write a piece.

All the best,

John

Great Idea John,

How did I miss the last one?

Will help any way I can.

BK

All the best,

John

Great idea. I especially like to idea of broadcasting it live. Maybe we could also add them on YouTube. This could then be linked to the thread on the forum.

As I said, we have three COPA speakers to be broadcast, though this may increase. The education forum's online seminars were purely text based, but we expand upon this.

If some forum participants who intend on contributing and also have a webcam we could, theoretically, have ed forum broadcasts separate to COPA. That's one option. We could leave it as it is and have text seminars on the ed forum and the broadcasts from COPA.

The broadcast will be done through ustream.tv. This means that they can be recorded while they are being broadcast and will remain online. We could then put them on youtube.

As I said in another thread on the main assassination forum I have begun making a promotional video for the COPA conference. We could do the same for the education forum online seminars.

The broadcast is a very simple process. If someone has a webcam it takes less than 5 minutes to get on air, so long as they have been given the login details for the ustream account. I did a run through process with Doug Valentine yesterday and it was very quick.

If we were to do ed forum broadcasts as well from members we would need someone to do the timekeeping and make sure that there is a smooth changeover between speakers.

Last year Cyril Wecht spoke via webcast. I set up a private chat with Ben Wecht, who was assisting Cyril. I then sent questions to Cyril from people in Dallas and from people online. I would tell them when to log in and when to log out, making way for the next speaker.

Let's have a discussion on where we want to go with this.