The Education Forum

Supposed CIA memo LHO "was trained by this agency"

A "CIA memo" circulation on the internet

Oswald subject was trained by this agency, under cover of the Office of Naval Intelligence, for Soviet assignments. During preliminary training, in 1957, subject was active in aerial reconnaissance of mainland China and maintained a security clearance up to the "confidential" level. His military records during this period are open to your agency and I have directed they be forwarded to the Commission.

mccone-rowley.blogspot.com.

I assume it's a fake, does anyone know about this?

This is one of the so called "Zipper" documents that was first revealed by Gregory Douglas (Regicide - the Killing of a President), and along with his list of CIA assets subsequently exposed as a mailing list of David A. Phillips' Association of Retired Intelligence Officers, which Douglas failed to acknowledge.

The so-called McCone document is most certainly false since Oswald at the time he was said to have been at Camp Perry was in USSR, and no one believes that such a document would intentionally created to implicate those that are mentioned.

BK

This is one of the so called "Zipper" documents that was first revealed by Gregory Douglas (Regicide - the Killing of a President), and along with his list of CIA assets subsequently exposed as a mailing list of David A. Phillips' Association of Retired Intelligence Officers, which Douglas failed to acknowledge.

The so-called McCone document is most certainly false since Oswald at the time he was said to have been at Camp Perry was in USSR, and no one believes that such a document would intentionally created to implicate those that are mentioned.

BK

Also, the number in the upper right hand area is bogus.

Edited by Thomas Graves

I don't think anybody has found specifics, but an obvious guess would be that a person who profoundly believes that Oswald had a background in intelligence and that it was covered up might take it upon themselves to "sweeten" the evidence and provide a "smoking gun." In their eyes, this would advance research by establishing something that they already know is true.

(I feel the same about a figure in assassination research who profoundly believes certain things, but feels it necessary to sweeten the evidence with ersatz personal recollections.) The problem with all this is that it muddies the waters of evidence, of what we know and can prove, of what we don't know and can't prove. Fortunately, the McCone-Rowley memo is filled with screaming red flags, and sensible researchers urged caution from the beginning.

An alternate scenario is that it was crudely faked with the expectation that it would be quickly exposed, in an effort to discredit serious researchers. I think this is unlikely.

Had he learned such information, which would cast immediate suspicion on CIA, it is hard to believe that even the goody two-shoes McCone would have committed it to paper, and outside his agency to boot. If, for some reason, he decided to share it with Rowley, one might expect tradecraft to dictate that McCone meet Rowley in a safehouse (or a park bench?) and whisper it to him.

I don't think anybody has found specifics, but an obvious guess would be that a person who profoundly believes that Oswald had a background in intelligence and that it was covered up might take it upon themselves to "sweeten" the evidence and provide a "smoking gun." In their eyes, this would advance research by establishing something that they already know is true.

(I feel the same about a figure in assassination research who profoundly believes certain things, but feels it necessary to sweeten the evidence with ersatz personal recollections.) The problem with all this is that it muddies the waters of evidence, of what we know and can prove, of what we don't know and can't prove. Fortunately, the McCone-Rowley memo is filled with screaming red flags, and sensible researchers urged caution from the beginning.

An alternate scenario is that it was crudely faked with the expectation that it would be quickly exposed, in an effort to discredit serious researchers. I think this is unlikely.

Had he learned such information, which would cast immediate suspicion on CIA, it is hard to believe that even the goody two-shoes McCone would have committed it to paper, and outside his agency to boot. If, for some reason, he decided to share it with Rowley, one might expect tradecraft to dictate that McCone meet Rowley in a safehouse (or a park bench?) and whisper it to him.

More likely it was created to be exposed as a fake - and then they could say that all such allegations Oswald CIA have been proven false.

Whoever did it, like those who created the fake Oswald/Ruby arrest report on DPD document and the "Dear Mr. Hunt" note, committed a crime - obstruction of justice and tampering with evidence - both felonies that should be prosecuted but aren't.

They just opened a federal investigation of Dallas DA Craig Watkins in a mortgage fraud case, why can't they open a Federal Grand Jury in North Texas or DC to investigate the destruction, theft and tampering wtih assassination related evidence?

BK