The Education Forum

Jack Martin 1:42 PM

I was browsing through some Secret Service Reports on the Mary Ferrell website and ran across an interesting entry.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...3&relPageId=157

In a report filed by New Orleans SS agent (last name illegible) and approved by SA John Rice, this SS Agent wrote that at 1:42 PM on November 22nd, he was contacted by a clerk in the Dallas office - I think her last name is Wynn on behalf of Dallas SS Agent Robert A. Steuert.

Steuert wanted this New Orleans agent to conduct "discreet inquiries" of one Jack Martin. The clerk did not know why, nor what connection Martin might have to JFK's assassination.

At 1:42 PM, Lee Harvey Oswald had not yet been arrested in the Texas Theater.

On the next page of this report, it says that at 2:04 PM the clerk called back and said that "at that time it was thought that possibly Jack Martin may have been the assassin of President Kennedy."

Rice was asked to make "discreet inquiries" in Goldonna, LA on Jack Martin and telephone the results to Dallas.

How did the Dallas SS office get the name of Jack Martin even before LHO had been arrested? What was the connection?

Steve Thomas

I was browsing through some Secret Service Reports on the Mary Ferrell website and ran across an interesting entry.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...3&relPageId=157

In a report filed by New Orleans SS agent (last name illegible) and approved by SA John Rice, this SS Agent wrote that at 1:42 PM on November 22nd, he was contacted by a clerk in the Dallas office - I think her last name is Wynn on behalf of Dallas SS Agent Robert A. Steuert.

Steuert wanted this New Orleans agent to conduct "discreet inquiries" of one Jack Martin. The clerk did not know why, nor what connection Martin might have to JFK's assassination.

At 1:42 PM, Lee Harvey Oswald had not yet been arrested in the Texas Theater.

On the next page of this report, it says that at 2:04 PM the clerk called back and said that "at that time it was thought that possibly Jack Martin may have been the assassin of President Kennedy."

Rice was asked to make "discreet inquiries" in Goldonna, LA on Jack Martin and telephone the results to Dallas.

How did the Dallas SS office get the name of Jack Martin even before LHO had been arrested? What was the connection?

Steve Thomas

Very interesting. I wonder if this is "our" Jack S. Martin. I've never had him at that address, but you never know.

Stephen,

Very interesting. I wonder if this is "our" Jack S. Martin. I've never had him at that address, but you never know.

A researcher in another Forum told me that this Jack W. Martin was 25, about 5'6 and had an olive complexion. (Not the same Jack Martin we all know and love)

He shows up in Mary Ferrell's database.

I didn't find anything on him in google, google groups, or in the NARA database. It would be interesting to learn more about him.

Steve Thomas

• 7 months later...
Stephen,

A researcher in another Forum told me that this Jack W. Martin was 25, about 5'6 and had an olive complexion. (Not the same Jack Martin we all know and love)

I didn't find anything on him in google, google groups, or in the NARA database. It would be interesting to learn more about him.

Steve Thomas

SA John Rice was a significant person re the assassination investigation he might be described as one of the 'good guys' if he was investigating this it should be seriously looked at, does anyone have info on 'this' Jack Martin.

Robert,

SA John Rice was a significant person re the assassination investigation he might be described as one of the 'good guys' if he was investigating this it should be seriously looked at, does anyone have info on 'this' Jack Martin.

I don't have the particulars in front of me, but he was supposed to have been overheard making anti-Kennedy statements, or saying Kennedy ought to be shot or something, and after the assassination, one of his neighbors or friends called the cops or the FBI or something and told them they ought to check this Martin out.

He lived in rural Louisiana north of New Orleans.

Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Posted Jan 30 2006, 09:52 PM

Stephen,

QUOTE(Stephen Roy @ Jan 30 2006, 08:48 PM)

Steve Thomas

Makes me wonder if this fellow was a Lee Oswald impersonator. He's a few inches short, but of the right age for that business. Any chance of a photo of this bloke James Richards?

If he's a close match, he might be our Clinton LA Oswald, which makes me wonder who this guy knew in New Orleans or otherwise with regards to the plot to frame Oswald.