The Education Forum

Biography: Herb White

Herb White

I'm 58 years old, a native Georgian and am the Senior Corporate Account Executive at Georgia Public Broadcasting. We are the fourth largest PBS network in the US.

I was raised as a Catholic and JFK was one of my heros. I will never forget the scattered cheers in the hallways of the public high school I attended when his being shot was announced on the PA.

I attended the University of Georgia on a basketball scholarship and had the misfortune to try to guard "Pistol Pete" Maravich for three years, once helping to hold him to 57 points in Athens. Later played with the Atlanta Hawks, in Mexico and Europe. Living out of the country several times helped open my eyes to other cultures and political systems and the realization that the US didn't have all, or even many of the answers to the world's problems.

I've been reading and studying the JFK assassination for thirty years and believe that one day most of the truth will emerge, if it hasn't already. Larry Hancock's book Someone Would Have Talked is in my opinion the closest anyone has come to outlining the basics of what took place.

I will never forget the scattered cheers in the hallways of the public high school I attended when his being shot was announced on the PA.

My sister who is 10 years older than me was in grade school in North Carolina when JFK was shot, she also remebers some appaluse and cheers when they got the annoucment.

Hello Herb White,

Been a longtime since the old JFKResearch days, how have you been -- nice seeing you here?

There's a few old timers still around, Larry Handcock posts here on occasion, btw...

Why is it everytime I think of you I think of Rick Barry when he was with the Warriors, way back when? He wasn't one of the friendliest guy's to interview, post-game... :lol: unless of course he scored 40 points or more....

David Healy

I'm 58 years old, a native Georgian and am the Senior Corporate Account Executive at Georgia Public Broadcasting. We are the fourth largest PBS network in the US.

I was raised as a Catholic and JFK was one of my heros. I will never forget the scattered cheers in the hallways of the public high school I attended when his being shot was announced on the PA.

I attended the University of Georgia on a basketball scholarship and had the misfortune to try to guard "Pistol Pete" Maravich for three years, once helping to hold him to 57 points in Athens. Later played with the Atlanta Hawks, in Mexico and Europe. Living out of the country several times helped open my eyes to other cultures and political systems and the realization that the US didn't have all, or even many of the answers to the world's problems.

I've been reading and studying the JFK assassination for thirty years and believe that one day most of the truth will emerge, if it hasn't already. Larry Hancock's book Someone Would Have Talked is in my opinion the closest anyone has come to outlining the basics of what took place.