The Education Forum

So remind me

Hello!! Here I am on vacation, and thought I'd stop in REAL quick, and see how the board is doing. I find I have have a ton of PMs concerning this situation, and I see we have the May Edition of "Monthly Forum Fight" published, with the defeat going to one of the moderators.

If I went to a JFK Forum looking for information, the last thing I'd want to see is this type of feuding going on--- because we should be discussing aspects of the assassination.

It appears that in order for this type of thing to cease, one of the parties must "win", and it must be a published "win" at that. The funny thing here is that I don't think it matters to the viewing audience if there is a win--only to the participants.

We, as moderators, cannot solve the problems between you. We can, however, determine what is in the best interests of the Forum in general. Evidently, because someone did what he thought best to stop this, we no longer have him.

C'mon folks. Let's treat each other a little better. There are ways to say things, and ways to say things. (I hope you see what I mean here.) Remember that what you write here is forever on the internet, tied to YOUR name. I would hope that each one of us would demonstrate some degree of respect for self and others in our posts.

Kathy

Once again thank you for the moderators for trying to bring sanity to this forum. However, it does seem that a couple of members seem determined to cause disputes on this forum. I am thinking seriously of putting them on permanent moderation. This means that their postings will not appear on this forum until approved by a moderator.

If you do that to me I'll just use the other login I post under: Thomas Graves.

:huh:

"If you do that to me I'll just use the other login I post under: Thomas Graves."

Stop this, right now! Before your credibility is all shot to hell!

I am really disappointed that a bright individual, such as yourself, would continue in this vein.

And, I am thoroughly disgusted with this culmination of events that have led to the deterioration of a perfectly good topic.

Furthermore, I refuse to sit back and witness the "kamikaze" tactics of someone I had wished to have held in higher esteem than this.

I must concede, Antti is right, with regard to a waste of bandwidth.

Shut it down.

You got it Terry.

I respect you so you have my ear.

I do hope that the regard for bandwidth, and I mean this sincerely, extends to seemingly endless battles with Kathy that have hijacked many threads that I hoped to get something useful out of, the "Death of Witnesses" one among them.

"I do hope that the regard for bandwidth, and I mean this sincerely, extends to seemingly endless battles with Kathy that have hijacked many threads that I hoped to get something useful out of, the "Death of Witnesses" one among them."

Just a long as you can maintain control of the focus of the thread and not allow it to drift off into some gossip-mongering, disrespectful, self-serving, "tell all" fantasy tangent of, "shoulda'-woulda'-

coulda'-if-only-I-had-been-her-friend" endless conjecturing. Then by all means, I will steer clear of your research efforts and investigative pursuits. Hopefully, you'll emerge as the effective mentor needed in this case.

Your equally concerned research colleague,

Terry Mauro

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!! Here I am on vacation, and thought I'd stop in REAL quick, and see how the board is doing. I find I have have a ton of PMs concerning this situation, and I see we have the May Edition of "Monthly Forum Fight" published, with the defeat going to one of the moderators.

If I went to a JFK Forum looking for information, the last thing I'd want to see is this type of feuding going on--- because we should be discussing aspects of the assassination.

It appears that in order for this type of thing to cease, one of the parties must "win", and it must be a published "win" at that. The funny thing here is that I don't think it matters to the viewing audience if there is a win--only to the participants.

We, as moderators, cannot solve the problems between you. We can, however, determine what is in the best interests of the Forum in general. Evidently, because someone did what he thought best to stop this, we no longer have him.

C'mon folks. Let's treat each other a little better. There are ways to say things, and ways to say things. (I hope you see what I mean here.) Remember that what you write here is forever on the internet, tied to YOUR name. I would hope that each one of us would demonstrate some degree of respect for self and others in our posts.

Kathy

Once again thank you for the moderators for trying to bring sanity to this forum. However, it does seem that a couple of members seem determined to cause disputes on this forum. I am thinking seriously of putting them on permanent moderation. This means that their postings will not appear on this forum until approved by a moderator.

:huh:

"If you do that to me I'll just use the other login I post under: Thomas Graves."

I am really disappointed that a bright individual, such as yourself, would continue in this vein.

And, I am thoroughly disgusted with this culmination of events that have led to the deterioration of a perfectly good topic.

Furthermore, I refuse to sit back and witness the "kamikaze" tactics of someone I had wished to have held in higher esteem than this.

Shut it down.

You got it Terry.

I do hope that the regard for bandwidth, and I mean this sincerely, extends to seemingly endless battles with Kathy that have hijacked many threads that I hoped to get something useful out of, the "Death of Witnesses" one among them.

"I do hope that the regard for bandwidth, and I mean this sincerely, extends to seemingly endless battles with Kathy that have hijacked many threads that I hoped to get something useful out of, the "Death of Witnesses" one among them."

Just a long as you can maintain control of the focus of the thread and not allow it to drift off into some gossip-mongering, disrespectful, self-serving, "tell all" fantasy tangent of, "shoulda'-woulda'-

coulda'-if-only-I-had-been-her-friend" endless conjecturing. Then by all means, I will steer clear of your research efforts and investigative pursuits. Hopefully, you'll emerge as the effective mentor needed in this case.

Terry Mauro

I can only try. I'm not taking responsibility for someone else.

I do appreciate your comments Terry.

Kathy

:ice

Shut it down.

You got it Terry.

Terry Mauro

"I do appreciate your comments Terry."

And, I do yours, as well as your exceptional insight, which I've always admired far and above everything else. You're a natural-born leader from what I've observed. That's why I trust your judgment and ability to get to the heart of the matter without having to bog yourself down in non-essential bull-pucky.

Carry on. Consider me merely as a commentator making an observation.

I'm waiting on Talbot's book at this point in time, anyway.

Ter

Kathy

:ice

Shut it down.

You got it Terry.

Terry Mauro

"I do appreciate your comments Terry."

And, I do yours, as well as your exceptional insight, which I've always admired far and above everything else. You're a natural-born leader from what I've observed. That's why I trust your judgment and ability to get to the heart of the matter without having to bog yourself down in non-essential bull-pucky.

Carry on. Consider me merely as a commentator making an observation.

I'm waiting on Talbot's book at this point in time, anyway.

Ter

I was noticing the other day that you've pointed me to Rockefeller, Harriman, Robert Kerr, IG Farben...

All were right on the money.

Sure do appreciate that.

I just got Talbot's book and will start reading it in a couple of days.

So maybe we'll be in synch