The Education Forum

So remind me

And when do they do it, if not now?

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10014

"--Thomas

P.S. To new member David G., if you want to find the pertinent posts between Tosh and Ms. Bee, I suggest that you simply plug in the search term "b****," because that's what Tosh called her right before he left The Forum. "

Hi Myra,

Unfortunately the salary for moderating (£0 - $0) was not paying the bills and my wife and kids were going hungry. So I decided that I would sleep during the night here in Ireland as opposed to performing my moderating duties. This also has the added benefit of allowing me to perform a paid day job, during which time I can moderate and learn from the many great threads with which this forum is replete. :D As well as get vital cash for the family. :)

On review I agree that the thread in question is unsavoury in places and unbecoming behaviour from such august members as yourself and Thomas. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the information in the post - the enveloping language is unsuitable.

Whatever the history between you, and I'm not sure who jilted who :), can this not be resolved using PMs, instead of attempting to influence new members and to be honest insult the hard working research of many new members.

If I haven't gotten a note from home saying this has been amicably sorted, I will have to give you each 1000 lines handwritten - - -> "I really was part of an abort team"

I'm closing this thread and believe moderators will be doing all in their power to monitor the thread in question.

Please PM myself or any moderator if any member feels this thread needs reopened. I hope this offends no-one.

Gary

Hi Myra,

I'm sorry that the above post and my intentions were so badly misguided. I'm sorry that my attempt to diffuse the situation was so poorly administered that it needed 3 PM's from yourself to explain just how OFFENDED you were. Believe me after the first one I got your message loud and clear, all those uppercase letters make reading much easier, after you reporting me to John for scolding you in public and absurdely inferring that I (mis)represented you in my post, that message was magnified, and your 3rd PM ensuring that in case I didn't get the first 2, restating your offence, drove home your message. Yes Myra, I'm fully aware of your offence, however unitended it was.

And you're right Myra, I should not be a moderator, how dare I even attempt to be. For your information Myra, I wouldn't and coudn't "represent" you if I tried, I don't speak your language.

Anyways the topic is reopened at your request and I hope everyone finds the entrails contained within as utterly peurile as myself.

Good luck

Gary

It's now 4 PMs, and I feel quite certain that you have no idea what you did wrong and never will even if I send *5* PMs, all with UPPER CASE letters.

Clearly though, whatever people send offline will be reported online.

I didn't realize that the "report" function worked that way Gary. That the mods would have no sense of discretion and would discuss private mail openly on the forum.

Now I know.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an absolute lie Thomas.

I don't appreciate the slander.

And I don't appreciate the fact that Gary locked the thread that the lie was in to prevent me from responding.

Now Thomas, you claimed I said:

""You killed JFK, didn't you?" or words to that effect. LOL"

If you're going to make a claim like that then back it up with proof instead of giggling and disappearing.

Find that post or retract your claim.

Well Myra,

I appologize. I was wrong. I plugged in the search term "***CH" to try to find the thread on which you more or less accused "Tosh" of being a witting conspirator in the assassination of JFK, but I came up with zilCH (LOL), but you and I and half of the members of The Forum can definitely remember when "Tosh" called you a "***CH" on that thread, and I'm sure that you or someone else can find the pertinent thread and post, unless, as you have so adroitly pointed out, "Tosh" and/or I or his/my(?)/our(?) nasty nasty CIA buddies (LOL) have managed to erase said thread in order to protect his/my(?)/our(?) "cover" and/or operational usefulness....

Remember, Myra, "Paranoia Strikes Deep, Into Your Heart It Will Creep...."

--ThomASS (as you say)

P.S. You used the word "slander." Well gosh, sue me if you will. I'm looking forward to it....

Edited by Thomas Graves

And I don't appreciate the fact that Gary locked the thread that the lie was in to prevent me from responding.

If you're going to make a claim like that then back it up with proof instead of giggling and disappearing.

Well Myra,

I was wrong. I plugged in the search term "***ch" and came up with zilch (LOL), but you and I and half of the members of The Forum can definitely remember when "Tosh" called you a "***ch," and I'm sure that you or someone else can find the pertinent thread and post, unless, as you have so adroitly and perhaps paranoiacally (sp?) pointed out, "Tosh" and/or I have managed to erase in order to protect his/our/my "cover" and/or operational usefulness. Remember, "Paranoia Strikes Deep...."

--ThomASS

So you were wrong. Ok Thomas.

Were you able to find a post where I said "You killed JFK, didn't you?" or words to that effect."?

Guest Gary Loughran

"--Thomas

P.S. To new member David G., if you want to find the pertinent posts between Tosh and Ms. Bee, I suggest that you simply plug in the search term "b****," because that's what Tosh called her right before he left The Forum. "

Hi Myra,

Unfortunately the salary for moderating (£0 - $0) was not paying the bills and my wife and kids were going hungry. So I decided that I would sleep during the night here in Ireland as opposed to performing my moderating duties. This also has the added benefit of allowing me to perform a paid day job, during which time I can moderate and learn from the many great threads with which this forum is replete. :D As well as get vital cash for the family. :)

On review I agree that the thread in question is unsavoury in places and unbecoming behaviour from such august members as yourself and Thomas. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the information in the post - the enveloping language is unsuitable.

Whatever the history between you, and I'm not sure who jilted who :), can this not be resolved using PMs, instead of attempting to influence new members and to be honest insult the hard working research of many new members.

If I haven't gotten a note from home saying this has been amicably sorted, I will have to give you each 1000 lines handwritten - - -> "I really was part of an abort team"

I'm closing this thread and believe moderators will be doing all in their power to monitor the thread in question.

Please PM myself or any moderator if any member feels this thread needs reopened. I hope this offends no-one.

Gary

Hi Myra,

I'm sorry that the above post and my intentions were so badly misguided. I'm sorry that my attempt to diffuse the situation was so poorly administered that it needed 3 PM's from yourself to explain just how OFFENDED you were. Believe me after the first one I got your message loud and clear, all those uppercase letters make reading much easier, after you reporting me to John for scolding you in public and absurdely inferring that I (mis)represented you in my post, that message was magnified, and your 3rd PM ensuring that in case I didn't get the first 2, restating your offence, drove home your message. Yes Myra, I'm fully aware of your offence, however unitended it was.

And you're right Myra, I should not be a moderator, how dare I even attempt to be. For your information Myra, I wouldn't and coudn't "represent" you if I tried, I don't speak your language.

Anyways the topic is reopened at your request and I hope everyone finds the entrails contained within as utterly peurile as myself.

Good luck

Gary

It's now 4 PMs, and I feel quite certain that you have no idea what you did wrong and never will even if I send *5* PMs, all with UPPER CASE letters.

I didn't realize that the "report" function worked that way Gary. That the mods would have no sense of discretion and would discuss private mail openly on the forum.

Now I know.

It helps people understand why I've just stood down as a moderator Myra, it wasn't for any other reason. Don't tar all moderators with a brush you should use just on me. I only discussed this openly so my actions thereafter would be more understood.

My lack of ability in dispute moderation is evidently flawed to such a degree that you're quite right, I didn't know what I was doing wrong and in terms of the duty I was asked to perform on this forum that can only be seen as a fatal flaw.

As I've just sent to John explaining my decision (more indiscretion), "if my attempts at dispute resolution result in igniting tensions then the work I'm perofming as a moderator is less than useless".

Gary

"--Thomas

Hi Myra,

Gary

Hi Myra,

Good luck

Gary

Now I know.

It helps people understand why I've just stood down as a moderator Myra, it wasn't for any other reason. Don't tar all moderators with a brush you should use just on me. I only discussed this openly so my actions thereafter would be more understood.

My lack of ability in dispute moderation is evidently flawed to such a degree that you're quite right, I didn't know what I was doing wrong and in terms of the duty I was asked to perform on this forum that can only be seen as a fatal flaw.

As I've just sent to John explaining my decision (more indiscretion), "if my attempts at dispute resolution result in igniting tensions then the work I'm perofming as a moderator is less than useless".

Gary

Very well said Gary.

Thank you.

I can understand why you have resigned as moderator but the problem is that by doing so you allow people like Myra to win. She will not be satisfied until all moderators resign.

I can understand why you have resigned as moderator but the problem is that by doing so you allow people like Myra to win. She will not be satisfied until all moderators resign.

Ah John, always taking the high road.

You are SO my role model.

:)

(Thus the problem.)

Well Myra,

I was wrong. I plugged in the search term "***ch" and came up with zilch (LOL), but you and I and half of the members of The Forum can definitely remember when "Tosh" called you a "***ch," and I'm sure that you or someone else can find the pertinent thread and post, unless, as you have so adroitly and perhaps paranoiacally (sp?) pointed out, "Tosh" and/or I have managed to erase in order to protect his/our/my "cover" and/or operational usefulness. Remember, "Paranoia Strikes Deep...."

--ThomASS

Were you able to find a post where I said "You killed JFK, didn't you?" or words to that effect."?

No I wasn't wrong, Myra. You're still a ******* *****. (Wonderful person)

As regards your accusing of "Tosh," of, in so many words, being a witting conspirator in the assassination of JFK, how can I possibly find that thread if, as you say, "Tosh" somehow erased that thread? Of course, maybe someone else who is less technologically-challenged than I can find it on this wonderfully large and informative but rather search-engine-sucking Forum. Maybe I can't find it My-ra, but I sure as hell remember it, and so do half of the other members....

--ThomASS (as you say)

P.S. I reiterate-- sue me.

I suspect I'll regret this post but what the heck:

I've been told that this is a true story: A wealthy man who was addicted to nicotine desired to stop smoking, and with the time his wealth allowed him, he went to many people across the globe seeking a 'cure', Nothing seemed to work for him. In the end he went to a famous female Guru in India to see if she, as he had been led to believe, had an answer. The story goes that she said, after listening to his long and convoluted story, there is only one way to stop smoking, and that is to stop smoking.

Well Myra,

--ThomASS

No I wasn't wrong, Myra. You're still a ******* *****. (Wonderful person)

As regards your accusing of "Tosh," of, in so many words, being a witting conspirator in the assassination of JFK, how can I possibly find that thread if, as you say, "Tosh" somehow erased that thread? Of course, maybe someone else who is less technologically-challenged than I can find it on this wonderfully large and informative but rather search-engine-sucking Forum. Maybe I can't find it My-ra, but I sure as hell remember it, and so do half of the other members....

--ThomASS (as you say)

P.S. I reiterate-- sue me.

And you FINALLY get to the point.

Tosh erased all of his posts (right after calling me a b****).

Now what legitimate reason could there be for that action?

When I asked him how he could reconcile his two different statements (that is the language I used),

he responded by scrubbing all of his posts.

That made it impossible for anyone to go back and compare the contradictory statements for themself.

That is not something that someone does if they have nothing to hide and do not fear scrutiny.

Furthermore, it makes it pointless for you to keep harping on whether or not he was chased from the forum.

He, not I, removed all evidence of what happened.

His actions made it impossible to do anything but depend on memory.

Have you ever asked him why he deleted all of his posts Thomas?

Both elegant statements, indeed.

Sorry to lose you as a moderator, Gary. When you pointed out to me my rather "barbaric behavior" (to use my words- lol) in a personal message a few weeks ago, you did it in such a way that I actually took a liking to you immediately. You're a good man. As is John. I can only wish that West Ham could do better in the future, if only possible. (I actually looked up the standings in the San Diego Union newspaper last week and came to the conclusion than things really are pretty bad, aren't they? lol)

But seriously,

--Thomas

[...]

I searched on the word "reconcile."

Apparently it's not a frequently used word.

[...]

You're absolutely right, Myra. I never would have guessed in a thousand years that "reconcile" (or, for that matter, "reconciliation") would actually belong to your so-called "active" vocabulary.

--ThomASS (as you say)

[...]

I searched on the word "reconcile."

Apparently it's not a frequently used word.

[...]

You're absolutely right, Myra. I never would have guessed in a thousand years that "reconcile" (or, for that matter, "reconciliation") would actually belong to your so-called "active" vocabulary.

--ThomASS (as you say)

Mm-hm, it's very easy to keep taking catty little swipes Thomas.

How about actually focusing on the point?

You're the one who wanted to discuss this.

So it's been discussed.

And I pointed you to the thread since you didn't recall my words well enough to find it on your own, so you can reconcile your version with the truth. I'm trying to help you through your little crisis.

I suspect I'll regret this post but what the heck:

I've been told that this is a true story: A wealthy man who was addicted to nicotine desired to stop smoking, and with the time his wealth allowed him, he went to many people across the globe seeking a 'cure', Nothing seemed to work for him. In the end he went to a famous female Guru in India to see if she, as he had been led to believe, had an answer. The story goes that she said, after listening to his long and convoluted story, there is only one way to stop smoking, and that is to stop smoking.

Thanks for the parable John.

The... cigarette is now back on "ignore."

Cured.