The Education Forum

Russell. W McLarry.

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

DALLAS EVENING NEWS, DECEMBER 19TH.

"A 21 year old Dallas machinist was arrested by the Secret Service today on charges of threatning to kill President Kennedy. Russell W McLarry, said that the threat had been made in jest on the day before the President was assassinated. Two Women to whom McLarry allegedly made the threat reported it to the Police in Arlington soon after they heard of the assassination. The Secret Service agent who apprehended Mr McLarry testified that he had said he was "proud- no, glad" that the President had been killed.

Mr McLarry attends night classes at the Arlington College, as a freshman. The alleged threat was made on the Campas to the Women students. Mr McLarry was alleged to have told the Women that he would be working near the Trade Mart the next day(22nd) and would be waiting with a gun to "Get the President"

Mr McLarry works at the Dahlgren Co, which makes LITHOGRAPHIC PRINTING EQUIPMENT, in a plant three blocks north of the Trade Mart, he lives in an appartment house in th OAK CLIFF section of Dallas. Former fellow employees described Mr McLarry as UNUSUALLY ARGUEMENTATIVE."

McLarry was acquitted by a Federal Grand Jury on January 10, 1964. If found guilty he could have faced up to five years in Prison.

Has anyone done any Research into McLarrys background? A young man, with a grudge against JFK, working with printing equipment, who has difficulty relating to his fellow workers.

Hi Stephen,

his story is an interestig one but I don't know anymore than you on his background etc. I'm sure I read about him but I can't remember in which JFK related book it was, typically!

However, putting his name into the MF site came up with some interesting hits. One in particular which caught my eye links him to the DeMohrenschildts. Apparently Jeanne DM said she had seen a gun at the apartment of someone who lived in 'Oakleaf' (presumably meant to be Oakcliff). I had not heard this before

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

Francesca Akhtar Posted Today, 01:21 PM

Hi Stephen,

his story is an interestig one but I don't know anymore than you on his background etc. I'm sure I read about him but I can't remember in which JFK related book it was, typically!

However, putting his name into the MF site came up with some interesting hits. One in particular which caught my eye links him to the DeMohrenschildts. Apparently Jeanne DM said she had seen a gun at the apartment of someone who lived in 'Oakleaf' (presumably meant to be Oakcliff). I had not heard this before

George and Jeanne Demohrenschildt had at least (according to their testimony) seen a rifle in Lee and Marina's apartment.

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. And I believe from what I remember George sat down on the sofa and started talking to Lee, and Marina was showing me the house that is why I said it looks like it was the first time, because why would she show me the house if I had been there before? Then we went to another room, and she opens the closet, and I see the gun standing there. I said, what is the gun doing over there?

Mr. JENNER. You say---

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. A rifle.

Mr. JENNER. A rifle, in the closet?

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. In the closet, right in the beginning. It wasn't hidden or anything.

Mr. JENNER. Standing up on its butt?

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes.

Mr. JENNER. I show you Commission Exhibit 139. Is that the rifle that you saw?

Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. It looks very much like it.

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/demohr_j.htm

I wonder if she had visited yet another home in Oak Cliff, in which she had seen a gun or rifle.

I wonder if she had visited yet another home in Oak Cliff, in which she had seen a gun or rifle.

Yes, I was wondering about that and why the CIA were linking her story of having seen a rifle at an apartment with McLarry if she had meant she'd seen the gun at Oswald's. If you understand what I'm saying (I don't know if I explained myself well).

I found a clipping from the Washington Post with more detail on him. Apparently he was a night student at Arlington College and told the US Commisioner that he couldn't deny making the statement but said he did it in a 'joking manner'.

Odd thing to joke about.

The whole thing seems very strange......

You have to change the page size to 200% in the 'document view' box in the top left hand corner otherwise it's impossible to read as the text is so small.

Edited by Francesca Akhtar

Guest Stephen Turner

Thanks Francesca, and Antti. Just another strange coinsidence, or something more sinister?

If my maths are right, and he is still alive, Mr McLarry would be 65 years old now. I will attempt to find out if he is contactable. Be nice to know what kind of politics he was professing in 1963.

I found a page of scribbled notes that has McLarry's name written at the top but it is rather confusing and hard to make out from the handwriting what it actually says.

From the paragraph written directly under his name the only bit I can make out says something about a phone call to the cuban embassy, 'agent contacted Elden Hansen or Hensen' not sure from the writing.

I don't know if this means anything.

Good luck with your attempts to contact him Stephen, would be very interesting to see what he had to say if you managed to find him.

Edited by Francesca Akhtar

I found a page of scribbled notes that has McLarry's name written at the top but it is rather confusing and hard to make out from the handwriting what it actually says.

From the paragraph written directly under his name the only bit I can make out says something about a phone call to the cuban embassy, 'agent contacted Elden Hansen or Hensen' not sure from the writing.

I don't know if this means anything.

Good luck with your attempts to contact him Stephen, would be very interesting to see what he had to say if you managed to find him.

OK...if the notes on this page are of this man then his description, his birthdate, 10/18/39, and city of origin, N.O. LA, are nearly identical w/ LHO's bio material.

Another creepy coincidence?

DALLAS EVENING NEWS, DECEMBER 19TH.

"A 21 year old Dallas machinist was arrested by the Secret Service today on charges of threatning to kill President Kennedy. Russell W McLarry, said that the threat had been made in jest on the day before the President was assassinated. Two Women to whom McLarry allegedly made the threat reported it to the Police in Arlington soon after they heard of the assassination. The Secret Service agent who apprehended Mr McLarry testified that he had said he was "proud- no, glad" that the President had been killed.

Mr McLarry attends night classes at the Arlington College, as a freshman. The alleged threat was made on the Campas to the Women students. Mr McLarry was alleged to have told the Women that he would be working near the Trade Mart the next day(22nd) and would be waiting with a gun to "Get the President"

Mr McLarry works at the Dahlgren Co, which makes LITHOGRAPHIC PRINTING EQUIPMENT, in a plant three blocks north of the Trade Mart, he lives in an appartment house in th OAK CLIFF section of Dallas. Former fellow employees described Mr McLarry as UNUSUALLY ARGUEMENTATIVE."

McLarry was acquitted by a Federal Grand Jury on January 10, 1964. If found guilty he could have faced up to five years in Prison.

Has anyone done any Research into McLarrys background? A young man, with a grudge against JFK, working with printing equipment, who has difficulty relating to his fellow workers.

NARA has a photo of McLarry.

There is also one postponed in full document relating to McLarry.

One document is titled as a Russ Holmes file.

Maybe he has some info regarding this guy he could share?

McLarry was a conservative. He was turned down by the armed forces due to a rupture.

His father's name was Guy McLarry and he was a Sulpher Springs dairy farmer.

McLarry was enrolled in Applied Algebra and American History classes at Arlington.

Secret Service agent Charles Kunkel said that McLarry told him he was glad a sniper killed the president.

The complaint against McLarry also claims a boast was made that he "would be waiting with a gun to get the president" near the Trade Mart.

If anyone wants to do some legwork and actually check things out for themselves, then I suggest they track down Dallas resident Gerald McCormick who was a former room mate.

McLarry below.

James

James,

thanks for the photo and additional info. What are your thoughts btw on McLarry? Seems highly suspicious to me that he boasted he'd be near the Trade Mart with a gun when we know of the theories suggesting there were other shooters placed there in case they missed in Dealey Plaza.

Guest Stephen Turner

Given McLarry's right wing disposition, it would be useful to establish if there was a demonstable link of any kind to the JBS, Minutemen or General Walker, all very active in Dallas in 63. Maybe somebody whispering Iargo style in his ear?

James,

thanks for the photo and additional info. What are your thoughts btw on McLarry? Seems highly suspicious to me that he boasted he'd be near the Trade Mart with a gun when we know of the theories suggesting there were other shooters placed there in case they missed in Dealey Plaza.

Francesca,

I think McLarry was a big mouth kid who talked too much. I have pondered in the past that if Dealey Plaza was aborted, then a team was set-up near the Trade Mart to finish JFK off. In that scenario, McLarry may well have been the designated patsy.

FWIW.

James

James,

I was wondering like you if he perhaps he would have been the patsy instead of Oswald had things gone ahead at the trade mart. How did you come across his roomate may I ask?

Francesca,

There are aspects to McLarry and the two months leading up to the assassination that could be considered as important, elements that McLarry himself is probably not even aware of.

I am quite convinced that he was handled but the plan never really came together.

The room mate was interviewed at the time when reporters of the day were looking for background material. His name popped up in some notes that I was able to get my hands on.

James

Edited by James Richards

The "Eldon Hensen" in that document refers to an American who called the Cuban Embassy in July,1963, and offered to commit espionage for them.The CIA intercepted the call and had one of their assets meet with Hensen while posing as an official of the Cuban Embassy.David Phillips claimed in his memoir that he observed the meeting from a nearby table in the restaurant.I believe that a cable from MEXI about Hensen was put in Oswald's 201 before 11/22.

Edited by Robin Finn