The Education Forum

Lets hit Bugliosi on Amazon.

Bugliosi's piece of trash "Reclaiming History" is getting lots of positive reviews on Amazon, and it's overalll rating is 3 stars out of 5. I just posted a bad review. I suppose I am am a bit disingenuous, as I have not read the book, and have no intention of wasting my money on it, but I am familiar enough with the evidence, and the tired tactics used by defenders of the official story, to bet that this is just more of the same claptrap as we have seen over and over and over again throughout the years. I honestly don't know what Bugliosi could come up with that all the assassination researchers could have missed all these years. It's just another skewed prosecutorial brief. I'll bet my money on it.

Many would have you believe that super lawyer Vincent Bugliosi has closed the JFK case once and for all. Not so. Not even by a long shot. This is just another prosecutorial presentation. Bugliosi only presents what he wants you to see, within the carefully constrained context in which he wants you to see it. Forget about the fact that the single bullet theory is prima facie absurd, as no 6.5 mm copper jacketed bullet has ever been demonstrated to have caused the injuries ascribed to the so-called magic bullet (broken rib, shattered radius bone, seven wounds in two men) and come out looking nearly pristine; Forget the fact that the Warren Commission had bullets of the exact same caliber and make as the so-called "magic bullet" test fired at Edgewood Arsenal, and the only bullets that came out looking like CE 399 (magic bullet) were the ones fired into cotton wadding; forget the fact that the Zapruder film clearly and unambiguously shows Connally turning all the way around to look over his right shoulder long after Kennedy raises his hands to his throat in reaction to being hit, just as John and Nellie Connally both described; Forget the fact that almost every single witness to the head wound[s?] described a large exit wound in the rear of the head; Forget the fact that the nurse at Parkland Hospital (Diana Bowren) who cleaned Kennedy's body said that the wound at the rear of the head was so large that they placed gauze in it before the head was wrapped in a towel; Forget the fact that Gawlers Funeral Home assistant (Tom Robinson), who prepared the body for the casket, said the rear exit hole was so large that he had to place a rubber piece over it to cover it up; Forget the fact that the "magic bullet" could not possibly have gone through Kennedy's back and out his throat, as it is alleged to have done, without striking the transverse processes of the vertabrae as Dr. David Mantik has demonstrated; Forget the fact that the woman (Saundra Spencer) who developed the autopsy photos at the Naval Photographic Center in Anacostia, Maryland told the ARRB that the autopsy photos now in the National Archives are not the ones she developed in 1963, and that one of the photos she developed showed the large exit wound in the rear of the head; Forget the fact that the man who took the autopsy photos (John Stringer) also had trouble verifying the official autopsy photos, shown to him by the ARRB, as the ones he took in 1963, and that he also said that several of the photos he took are not present in the official record; Forget the fact that another examination of a different brain was performed on Dec. 2nd and 3rd 1963; Forget about E. Howard Hunt's recent taped "confession". Yes forget about all of this and much, much more, because the brilliant Vincent Bugliosi has "proven" once and for all that there was no conspiracy to murder John Kennedy. Didn't we hear that same claim trumpeted by defenders of the official faith when another much ballyhooed tome was purported to have closed the case back in the nineties? And don't we all know what a crock of omissions, distortions, and out right lies that overrated piece of junk turned out to be? As the old saying goes - " History repeats itself." This book will be relegated to the scrapheap of history, just like Posner's much lauded (by the mainstream news media) boondoggle. And so it goes.

Edited by Brian Smith

Bugliosi's piece of trash "Reclaiming History" is getting lots of positive reviews on Amazon, and it's overalll rating is 3 stars out of 5. I just posted a bad review. I suppose I am am a bit disingenuous, as I have not read the book, and have no intention of wasting my money on it, but I am familiar enough with the evidence, and the tired tactics used by defenders of the official story, to bet that this is just more of the same claptrap as we have seen over and over and over again throughout the years. I honestly don't know what Bugliosi could come up with that all the assassination researchers could have missed all these years. It's just another skewed prosecutorial brief. I'll bet my money on it.

Many would have you believe that super lawyer Vincent Bugliosi has closed the JFK case once and for all. Not so. Not even by a long shot. This is just another prosecutorial presentation. Bugliosi only presents what he wants you to see, within the carefully constrained context in which he wants you to see it. Forget about the fact that the single bullet theory is prima facie absurd, as no 6.5 mm copper jacketed bullet has ever been demonstrated to have caused the injuries ascribed to the so-called magic bullet (broken rib, shattered radius bone, seven wounds in two men) and come out looking nearly pristine; Forget the fact that the Warren Commission had bullets of the exact same caliber and make as the so-called "magic bullet" test fired at Edgewood Arsenal, and the only bullets that came out looking like CE 399 (magic bullet) were the ones fired into cotton wadding; forget the fact that the Zapruder film clearly and unambiguously shows Connally turning all the way around to look over his right shoulder long after Kennedy raises his hands to his throat in reaction to being hit, just as John and Nellie Connally both described; Forget the fact that almost every single witness to the head wound[s?] described a large exit wound in the rear of the head; Forget the fact that the nurse at Parkland Hospital (Diana Bowren) who cleaned Kennedy's body said that the wound at the rear of the head was so large that they placed gauze in it before the head was wrapped in a towel; Forget the fact that Gawlers Funeral Home assistant (Tom Robinson), who prepared the body for the casket, said the rear exit hole was so large that he had to place a rubber piece over it to cover it up; Forget the fact that the "magic bullet" could not possibly have gone through Kennedy's back and out his throat, as it is alleged to have done, without striking the transverse processes of the vertabrae as Dr. David Mantik has demonstrated; Forget the fact that the woman (Saundra Spencer) who developed the autopsy X-rays at the Naval Photographic Center in Anacostia, Maryland told the ARRB that the autopsy photos now in the National Archives are not the ones she developed in 1963, and that one of the photos she developed showed the large exit wound in the rear of the head; Forget the fact that the man who took the autopsy X-rays (John Stringer) also had trouble verifying the official autopsy photos, shown to him by the ARRB, as the ones he took in 1963, and that he also said that several of the photos he took are not present in the official record; Forget the fact that another examination of a different brain was performed on Dec. 2nd and 3rd 1963; Forget about E. Howard Hunt's recent taped "confession". Yes forget about all of this and much, much more, because the brilliant Vincent Bugliosi has "proven" once and for all that there was no conspiracy to murder John Kennedy. Didn't we hear that same claim trumpeted by defenders of the official faith when another much ballyhooed tome was purported to have closed the case back in the nineties? And don't we all now what a crock of ommissions, distortions, and out right lies that overrated piece of junk turned out to be? As the old saying goes - " History repeats itself." This book will be relegated to the scrapheap of history, just like Posner's much lauded (by the mainstream news media) boondoggle. And so it goes.

Brian: Good idea, and good review. There is no way of knowing how many look to reviews written by regular people vs. the mainstream press. However this is something people can do to alert the unspecting masses. I was sickened to read David Talbot's noting that my old hometown paper The Boston Globe was panning his book while praising the disinformation of the former DA.

Michael (Hogan) I don't disagree with your reasons for getting the book; you just have more time and patience for disinformation trash than I. Tho it's best to really know the enemy.

Dawn

Many would have you believe that super lawyer Vincent Bugliosi has closed the JFK case once and for all. Not so. Not even by a long shot. This is just another prosecutorial presentation. Bugliosi only presents what he wants you to see, within the carefully constrained context in which he wants you to see it. Forget about the fact that the single bullet theory is prima facie absurd, as no 6.5 mm copper jacketed bullet has ever been demonstrated to have caused the injuries ascribed to the so-called magic bullet (broken rib, shattered radius bone, seven wounds in two men) and come out looking nearly pristine; Forget the fact that the Warren Commission had bullets of the exact same caliber and make as the so-called "magic bullet" test fired at Edgewood Arsenal, and the only bullets that came out looking like CE 399 (magic bullet) were the ones fired into cotton wadding; forget the fact that the Zapruder film clearly and unambiguously shows Connally turning all the way around to look over his right shoulder long after Kennedy raises his hands to his throat in reaction to being hit, just as John and Nellie Connally both described; Forget the fact that almost every single witness to the head wound[s?] described a large exit wound in the rear of the head; Forget the fact that the nurse at Parkland Hospital (Diana Bowren) who cleaned Kennedy's body said that the wound at the rear of the head was so large that they placed gauze in it before the head was wrapped in a towel; Forget the fact that Gawlers Funeral Home assistant (Tom Robinson), who prepared the body for the casket, said the rear exit hole was so large that he had to place a rubber piece over it to cover it up; Forget the fact that the "magic bullet" could not possibly have gone through Kennedy's back and out his throat, as it is alleged to have done, without striking the transverse processes of the vertabrae as Dr. David Mantik has demonstrated; Forget the fact that the woman (Saundra Spencer) who developed the autopsy X-rays at the Naval Photographic Center in Anacostia, Maryland told the ARRB that the autopsy photos now in the National Archives are not the ones she developed in 1963, and that one of the photos she developed showed the large exit wound in the rear of the head; Forget the fact that the man who took the autopsy X-rays (John Stringer) also had trouble verifying the official autopsy photos, shown to him by the ARRB, as the ones he took in 1963, and that he also said that several of the photos he took are not present in the official record; Forget the fact that another examination of a different brain was performed on Dec. 2nd and 3rd 1963; Forget about E. Howard Hunt's recent taped "confession". Yes forget about all of this and much, much more, because the brilliant Vincent Bugliosi has "proven" once and for all that there was no conspiracy to murder John Kennedy. Didn't we hear that same claim trumpeted by defenders of the official faith when another much ballyhooed tome was purported to have closed the case back in the nineties? And don't we all now what a crock of ommissions, distortions, and out right lies that overrated piece of junk turned out to be? As the old saying goes - " History repeats itself." This book will be relegated to the scrapheap of history, just like Posner's much lauded (by the mainstream news media) boondoggle. And so it goes.

I'll post a review. I'll report back here when mission is accomplished.

[/quote

Excellent review, Brian! I'm sure David Von "Pain" will rush in to try and discredit your every point with his penchant for lacing his rhetorical responses with cheap ad hominem shots designed to make you look bad, but in reality only serve to cause him to appear as the half-wit he really is.

Go to the David Von "Pain" thread, the very first on the list. He's been the Bugliosi Baloney promoter over there, but his delivery is pathetically weak, and his rebuttals can be easily be poked full of holes. I've spent the last two days calling his bluff, and eliciting responses from him that border on the verge of him sounding like some hysterical drag queen. What a putz!

I was very impressed with the showing Pat Speer made over there, as well as Lisa Pease's input and Len Osanic's. Dave Healy made me laugh quite a few times, and a guy named Ric Lan has been pretty sharp with his comments, as well.

Von "Pain" and his antics accomplish one thing only, and that is to make Bugliosi look worse. Give some people enough rope, and they'll end up swinging from it.

Good job, Brian.

Thanks. I made two mistakes (actually typos). I wrote that Spencer and Stringer worked on the autopsy X-rays. they actually worked on the autopsy photos. I knew that anyway, but for some reason I had X-rays in my head [not literally of course!] as I was writing it. Mistakes are corrected. Look forward to seeing the negative reviews of you other guys. Go gettum!

Edited by Brian Smith

I was very impressed with the showing Pat Speer made over there, as well as Lisa Pease's input and Len Osanic's. Dave Healy made me laugh quite a few times, and a guy named Ric Lan has been pretty sharp with his comments, as well.

Hi Terry,

While this may be worthy of a separate thread, and really has nothing to do with the reviews, I note your "Lisa Pease's input", and what she said at Amazon:

"The hard evidence that only two casings (not three) and one live round were found in the TSBD has not changed."

Could someone please show me hard evidence that 2 empty casings were found on the 6th floor? Yes, there is dated documentation that evidence turned over to the FBI included 2 shell casings. There is also dated documentation the third was turned over to FBI SA Vince Drain a week later by Will Fritz, having resided in the possession of the DPD. IMO, this is inadequate research that gets us into trouble with conspiracy doubters. You'll notice that people like DVP cannot address the unquestionable evidence of conspiracy(especially the medical evidence), but will jump all over speculative or incomplete research(and they would be right). Stick to the facts, and we can win. Keep speculating, and those like Bugliosi will rub your nose in it.

RJS

Hi Terry,

While this may be worthy of a separate thread, and really has nothing to do with the reviews, I note your "Lisa Pease's input", and what she said at Amazon:

"The hard evidence that only two casings (not three) and one live round were found in the TSBD has not changed."

Could someone please show me hard evidence that 2 empty casings were found on the 6th floor? Yes, there is dated documentation that evidence turned over to the FBI included 2 shell casings. There is also dated documentation the third was turned over to FBI SA Vince Drain a week later by Will Fritz, having resided in the possession of the DPD. IMO, this is inadequate research that gets us into trouble with conspiracy doubters. You'll notice that people like DVP cannot address the unquestionable evidence of conspiracy(especially the medical evidence), but will jump all over speculative or incomplete research(and they would be right). Stick to the facts, and we can win. Keep speculating, and those like Bugliosi will rub your nose in it.

RJS

Thanks for making that observation, RJS. This was one of the reasons I originally stated to DVP that Pat Speer was the one whom I considered to be the most qualified to counter-point his overly idolatrous ravings of Bugliosi's tome. I couldn't help but notice how utterly juvenile DVP's, along with his cheering squad's rebuttals, sounded. I would only hope that those prospective purchasers of Bugliosi's book, were more objectively aware of his lame attempts at rhetoric, as well as his completely unoriginal responses to, what appeared to be logically sound inquiry.

Thanks for reminding me.

Ter