The Education Forum

Cubans in Scandinavia

I wanted to bring this thread back in light of the newer thread that Antti began about new information on Oswald.

I was wondering Antti, if you have uncovered any more regarding this and or information concerning the hotel that Oswald and the Cubans stayed at?

Cheers,

James

James,

Sorry, no I haven't discovered anything in that regard really. It just seems a bit too good to be true that these Cuban boys would stay at the same hotel as Oswald did 3 years prior. I mean there are plenty of options. The Klaus kurki definitely was not the cheapest nor the most expensive, I would estimate that it was among the upper middle level to lower top level hotels.

In the area, (called Kaivopuisto) where many of the embassies are located in Helsinki, there are no hotels in the immediate vicinity. The Klaus K, (the current name of it, it is no longer called the Klaus Kurki) is fairly close to the US embassy. In fact, off the top of my head I can only think of one hotel that is closer to the Embassy, but probably was also more expensive at the time, namely the Hotel Palace, built in time for the 1952 Olympics in Helsinki.

Also the Russian Embassy is in the same general area as the US Embassy, a few blocks closer to the Klaus Kurki hotel than the US Embassy.

Antti

Edited by Antti Hynonen

James

I do not have a file on anyone by that name. Can you provide a context that he may appear within?

Jim Root

Hi Jim,

He's an Agency man who may be the common denominator between the Cubans and Lee Oswald. I'm trying to get some background information which is proving most difficult.

Cheers,

James

James Richards Posted Oct 17 2008, 12:35 AM

Thanks, Antti.

A question for you, and also for Jim Root if he happens to read this, have you ever come across the name Paul Matrone?

James

Sorry, never heard of Paul Matrone.