The Education Forum

2010 World Cup V 2012 Olympics

2012 Olympics will go back to France (an election present for Sarkozy - an ouster scandal for Brown)

2010 World Cup will be 'coming home' (an election present for Cameron - and a rap for Mbeki and the ANC who have embezzled all the stadia construction finance).

Just my hunch - but a lot of evidence for it.

More later...

Michael,

When you say "coming home", to which country do you refer? I have no interest in sports and don't follow them.

(I deliberately not watched one iota of the 2000 Olympic Games, even though it was being held in Australia. As I drove from Cairns to Perth during the period, I purposely chose not to even listen to the radio broadcasts in the car)

Michael,

When you say "coming home", to which country do you refer? I have no interest in sports and don't follow them.

(I deliberately not watched one iota of the 2000 Olympic Games, even though it was being held in Australia. As I drove from Cairns to Perth during the period, I purposely chose not to even listen to the radio broadcasts in the car)

England - the idiom comes from the catchy, maudlin theme song by the 'Lightening Seeds' for the 1996 European Championships.

I will elaborate on all this later - I've just posted my hunch now so I cannot stand accused of being wise after the event.

Michael,

England - the idiom comes from the catchy, maudlin theme song by the 'Lightening Seeds' for the 1996 European Championships.

I will elaborate on all this later - I've just posted my hunch now so I cannot stand accused of being wise after the event.

With predictive powers like these, Michael, you must be in demand.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing what's sounds like a highly plausible script - and we shall not forget where we heard it first should these things come to pass. B)

Guest Gary Loughran
2012 Olympics will go back to France (an election present for Sarkozy - an ouster scandal for Brown)

2010 World Cup will be 'coming home' (an election present for Cameron - and a rap for Mbeki and the ANC who have embezzled all the stadia construction finance).

More later...

There have been strong reports that Africa won't be ready in time, allied with some discussion on sports shows about how England could host the World Cup at short notice. Perhaps this is cover for your wholly plausible scenario, as well as bailing out the overrun of Wembley and the additional expense of an Olympic stadium.

I haven't heard that South Africa is in trouble preparing for the 2010 World Cup, but I guess England might be a logical alternative, given that it's unlikely any other African nations would be able to host it on short notice. What's wrong with Australia? At least we're in the same hemisphere.

As for London handing over the 2012 Olympics to France--whoever suggested this doesn't know his Monty Python.

Edited by Mark Stapleton

More later...

No chance. It will go ahead even if the government has to be bailed out by the World Bank.

Trust me fella's - anyone who's read my Pulitzer prose on Litvinenko knows I aint no buller...

I'll give you chapter and verse how Paris lost 2012 (it woz MI6 wot lumped London with it) and how and why they're going to get it back again.

And how UEFA were and are still trying to stop England getting 2010 by setting up and dissing Man U, Spurs and Liverpool fans throughout European competitions last season.

And how Roma tried to frame 'Manure' but were found out and had to pay the price

7-1!

Edited by Michael Chapman