The Education Forum

Can anyone identify this dapper gent?

Guest Mark Valenti

Mark,

It was taken in early September of 1963. The location was Miami and the event was a parade of the newly formed Antonio Maceo Battalion.

Several Bay of Pigs vets had gathered in support. Ed Collins was also there as he was travelling with De Torres at the time. A series of photographs were taken that day by Tom Dunkin and another photographer who I have yet to identify.

Cheers,

James

In re Robert Oswald:

I'm not familiar with any credible, in-depth studies of ROs whereabouts on those occasions when LHO doubles are alleged to have been in play.

Could there have been a better doppelganger for Lee than brother Robert?

Compare the folds in his chin as he walks down the steps with the overhead, full-face view of "Lee" in his casket.

For Jack White: Did John Armstrong give serious consideration to a series, through the years, of R-as-L substitutions?

Charles

In re Robert Oswald:

I'm not familiar with any credible, in-depth studies of ROs whereabouts on those occasions when LHO doubles are alleged to have been in play.

Compare the folds in his chin as he walks down the steps with the overhead, full-face view of "Lee" in his casket.

For Jack White: Did John Armstrong give serious consideration to a series, through the years, of R-as-L substitutions?

Charles

In 12 years of study, Armstrong considered EVERYTHING.

At first Marina was very cooperative with him...till she found out what he was doing.

He was unsuccessful in interviewing Robert Oswald and Donald O. Norton.

But he spent months studying both of them, plus John Pic. Not everything he found

is included in the book. He cut from the final text hundreds of pages for "brevity". :)

As for me, I believe Robert was witting of both Lee and Harvey, but not necessarily

involved in the JFK plot...just the false defector program.

Jack

Could he be the man who accompanied Robert Oswald from the morgue? I am trying to find the photo. They are coming out of the hospital (?) and Robert looks distraught. This was after Ruby killed his "brother," Lee Harvey Oswald.

Kathy

It's not the same man Kathy, but here's the guy coming out of the hospital with Robert Oswald who I think is the same man seen a the knoll and also in the military pic with Lee Oswald. Just my opinion.

Duncan

Not sure on the guy in uniform, but the other two are a PERFECT match and that just shows [once again] the small circle of people invovled in all aspects before, during, after and the interconnections they all had!

I always thought the man with the helmet was David Ferrie. Another mix up, I guess. Was this the Civil Air Patrol or another CIA training place?

Thanks for posting that, everyone.

Kathy

In re Robert Oswald:

Charles

Robert Oswald is a mystery. I am among the ones who believe Robert and Harvey Oswald (shot by Ruby) were not brothers. I thought I saw a resemblance years ago, but I don't now. This is weird but I think Harvey was better looking than Robert. Can anyone post the picture of Oswald in his coffin, so I can compare the two? I will go through my own photos, but I don't think I have it on this hard drive.

Kathy