The Education Forum

Coincidence or Conspiracy Redux

Tim Gratz

Kudos only (no cash, not even doughnuts) to whoever can first come up with the answer.

Commander Angel Frias Roblejo joined forces with a man whose name has come up in the assassination debate for an attack in Caracusey.

No doubt it is just a coincidence--but what was it about that attack, coupled with Frias' "partner" that does make it an interesting coincidence?

Edited by Tim Gratz

Well I knew James would get it!

Yes indeed on November 22 1958 Rolando Cubela of the Revolutionary Directoriate joined forces with Commander Angel Frias Roblejo (apparently first time the two organizations worked together) for an assault on a Batista garrison at Caracusey. The Cuban revolutionary leader Victor Dreke Cruz wrote in "The Militant" that this was the first real alliance between the two groups although it was apparently formalized on December 1, 1958.

And just five years later Nestor Sanchez was meeting with Cubela in Paris offering him a device to kill Fidel, almost simultaneously with the assassination in Dallas. And at the same time Fidel Castro was meeting with Jean Daniel at his cottage in Verdaro.

********************************************************************************

James, do you know, was Cubela involved in the March 13, 1957 bloody attack on the Presidential Palace? Although not relevant to the JFK matter, that attack was certainly dramatic. As I recall, it was staged by the Revolutionary Directorate and Castro had condemned it.

Edited by Tim Gratz

Well I knew James would get it!

Yes indeed on November 22 1958 Rolando Cubela of the Revolutionary Directoriate joined forces with Commander Angel Frias Roblejo (apparently first time the two organizations worked together) for an assault on a Batista garrison at Caracusey. The Cuban revolutionary leader Victor Dreke Cruz wrote in "The Militant" that this was the first real alliance between the two groups although it was apparently formalized on December 1, 1958.

And just five years later Nestor Sanchez was meeting with Cubela in Paris offering him a device to kill Fidel, almost simultaneously with the assassination in Dallas. And at the same time Fidel Castro was meeting with Jean Daniel at his cottage in Verdaro.

********************************************************************************

James, do you know, was Cubela involved in the March 13, 1957 bloody attack on the Presidential Palace? Although not relevant to the JFK matter, that attack was certainly dramatic. As I recall, it was staged by the Revolutionary Directorate and Castro had condemned it.

Tim,

I would think he was. Cubela was the military leader of the Directorio Revolucionario.

There was also some conflict between Cubela and Eloy Gutierrez Menoyo who eventually split with the DR and formed his own group of guerrillas.

James

Edited by James Richards

• 2 weeks later...

I assume some of you must have thought of this before.

Perhaps better termed "irony" than "conspiracy" but what are the chances that a man kicked out of Eastern Airlines for practices consistent with his "sexual orientation" would have a name that sounds just like a derogatory slang term applied to persons sharing that same "sexual orientation"?