William Kelly

From John Judge:

Friends,

First, our big news is that with the help of researcher John Geraghty

COPA finally has our own website up and in progress at

http://www.politicalassassinations.com which will highlight our events

and post breaking news on various assassinations or new evidence

emerging. Please visit the site.

Donations are still very welcome, though not tax-deductible. $50 or more will get you a copy of the 3 DVD set of our 2006 Regional Meeting in Dallas as well. Thanks for your

support.

Here are more details on upcoming regional meetings of COPA this year

and next. The draft agenda for the 2007 meeting in Dallas is attached

but subject to some change on times of events. Start and end times are

set, though. November 22nd falls on Thanksgiving Day this year so some

will only arrive on Friday. I will be coming in on the 21st and others

there that evening might want to gather for a meal at the Hotel

Lawrence restaurant or over on the West End by shuttle. I will leave a note at

the front desk and try to be in the lobby area around 5:00 pm for that.

Our keynote will be moved to Saturday night at the Adolphus Hotel so

that on Friday night we can hold a premiere showing of award-winning

producer Randy Benson's film, The Searchers at the Texas Theater in Oak

Cliff where Oswald was arrested after the assassination.

Shuttle service will be available to all events not at the Hotel Lawrence. I really

hope you can attend this year and next.

Please RSVP if you can. Thanks - John Judge

DALLAS

COPA Regional Meeting, Dallas, Texas

November 22-25, 2007

Hotel Lawrence

301 South Houston Street

Dallas, TX 75202

For room reservations call:

214-761-9090

Toll Free: 877-396-0334

Mention "COPA 2007" to get the discount rate of $79/night single or

double. Please make your reservations as soon as possible and no later than

October 20.

Registration for all events: $45, payable at site (single day/event

rates available).

Confirmed speakers to date:

Judge Joe Brown on the Martin Luther King, Jr. assassination

Dick Gregory on truth speaking to power and current events

T Carter on historical archives and research into assassinations

Chris Pike on the fatal shot in JFK and Penn Jones

Others to be announced.

2008 is a triple anniversary year, so start making your plans. COPA

will hold conferences in Memphis (April 3-6), Los Angeles (June 6-8) and

Dallas (November 21-23) to mark, respectively the 40th anniversaries of

the MLK and RFK assassinations and the 45th anniversary of the killing

of President Kennedy.

Very important to be at these events I think, and press is already interested. In Memphis we are partnering with the April 4th Foundation in Memphis to have speakers on the evening of April 3rd at a local university, as part of their commemorative presentations. Our Regional Meeting will be held from April 4-6 in Memphis at the Comfort

Inn, and you can now make reservations there from April 3 to 6 at a

special rate by calling the hotel.

MEMPHIS

Comfort Inn Downtown (TN235)

100 N. Front St. , Memphis, TN, US, 38103

(901) 526-0583

Mention "Coalition on Political Assassinations" to get the special

discount rate:

Single/Double $99.00

Triple $99.00

Quad $99.00

The rates quoted do not include state and local taxes. Tennessee Sales

Tax - 9.25%, City Bed Tax, 6.7%

Please make your reservations before March 13, 2008.

Registration will be paid at the site.

Confirmed speakers to date:

Judge Joe Brown on the Martin Luther King, Jr. assassination

Lyndon Barsten on James Earl Ray and John Ray

LOS ANGELES

Final arrangements for Los Angeles are still pending, seeking an

inexpensive and conveniently located hotel. We used to meet at the

Radisson downtown due to its proximity to the old Ambassador Hotel

where RFK was shot. However that has been destroyed and will be replaced by a

new school named after RFK.

The dates are June 6-8 for the COPA Regional Meeting there next year. More details will follow soon.

Thanks, as always, for taking part in COPA. I am still working hard to

confirm the best possible speakers for each event. - JJ

-- John Judge Coalition on Political Assassinations (COPA) PO Box 772

Washington, DC 20044 copa@starpower.net

Check out our new website:

www.politicalassassinations.com

Annual meeting in Dallas November 22-25,

2007 Hotel Lawrence - 214-761-9090 - discount room reservations "COPA

2007" Speakers, films, books, resources, email for details Coming up:

2008 - Memphis (April 3-6), LA (June 6-8) and Dallas (November 21-23)

regional meetings National organization of medical and ballistic

experts, academics and authors, researchers and interested individuals

investigating major political assassinations in America and abroad. We

are not allergic to donations, donations NOT tax deductible.

Bill,

I didn't see anything on the website about a D.C. conference. Will there be anything going on in D.C.?

Bill,

I didn't see anything on the website about a D.C. conference. Will there be anything going on in D.C.?

Hi Don,

Yes there will be things happening in DC, but they aren't quite set yet and we don't want to jump the gun.

Hopefully Waxman will hold Congressinal Ovesight hearings on the JFK Act, though it doesn't look like that will get on the committee's agenda in 2007, but if they are suddenly scheduled because of all the publicity and public pressure then we'll hold some meetings, briefings and a press conference around the hearings.

While that could happen in late October or November, it seems like other issues are more important, so look at that happening in early 2008.

Besides the possible hearings, if they don't happen as anticipated, we might schedule our own Congressional Briefing on the JFK Act, probably timed for mid-March in league with Open Government Week, and have a symposium on the subject at the same time.

John Judge is the COPA organizer for the Dallas, LA and Memphis conferences, but I'll be doing my best to orchestrate the DC events and will keep people posted via COPA website.

The JFK Mock Grand Jury could be held in DC, though Dallas is also a possible venue.

And with Morley vs. CIA on the docket, Congressional Hearings in the wings, and the Watergate atmosphere on the Hill, it seems like DC will be where all the action is.

And Don, I hope you weren't offended by my Bozos remark, as I'm sure you book has something interesting to say. Condradulations on its publication.

BK

[quote name='William Kelly' date='Sep 24 2007, 07:11 AM' post='119625']

Thanks BK. I am so glad to hear that Joe Brown is still speaking on the MLK case. He was one of the keynote speakers at COPA in 98. What a guy! I was lucky enough to hang out with him for two days and hear his great stories of when he was a trial judge. I remember the first time I ever saw him: when he was the judge on the MLK rifle case. I taped it and early on ran to get Erick telling him he had to see this clearly knowledgable judge. (Of course as we all know this is also why he got removed from the case: can't risk justice now can we?!)

Dawn

I'm still counting my pennies to see if I can afford a trip to Dallas this year. Extremely unlikely thanks to my education costs this year.

I still have some alterations to make to the COPA site, but at least it is up. When I give John Judge a proper tutorial on how to update the blog you can expect more frequent content.

John

[quote name='William Kelly' date='Sep 24 2007, 07:11 AM' post='119625']

Thanks BK. I am so glad to hear that Joe Brown is still speaking on the MLK case. He was one of the keynote speakers at COPA in 98. What a guy! I was lucky enough to hang out with him for two days and hear his great stories of when he was a trial judge. I remember the first time I ever saw him: when he was the judge on the MLK rifle case. I taped it and early on ran to get Erick telling him he had to see this clearly knowledgable judge. (Of course as we all know this is also why he got removed from the case: can't risk justice now can we?!)

Dawn

Yes, Dawn, Judge Joe Brown is quite a character, and for those unfamiliar with USA reality TV court, this is not the Dallas Judge who tried Jack Ruby, but Memphis judge Joe Brown, who is an expert on the King case. It's hard to believe that was '98, and I too had the pleasure of sharing a meal with JJB at Campisi's Egyptian Lounge and the spinning Reunion Tower restaurant, where COPA 2007 Thanksgiving will be held.

We will also ask JJB to consider being the Judge for the JFK Mock/Simulated Grand Jury.

JJB is also an advisor for the Secret History Museum Project, which was conceived at the Reunion Tower dinner.

BK

I'm still counting my pennies to see if I can afford a trip to Dallas this year. Extremely unlikely thanks to my education costs this year.

I still have some alterations to make to the COPA site, but at least it is up. When I give John Judge a proper tutorial on how to update the blog you can expect more frequent content.

John

Thanks for all you have done John Geraghty. Getting the web site up is huge. Many thanks. Good luck with tutoring the genius Judge.

Also, appreciation to Greg Parker for his "behind the scenes" comment, as most of the behind the scene activities go unnoticed.

BK

• 2 weeks later...
And Don, I hope you weren't offended by my Bozos remark, as I'm sure you book has something interesting to say. Condradulations on its publication.

BK

Bill,

I'm not easily offended, but I don't know what you're referring to. Did I miss something?

BK

Bill,

I'm not easily offended, but I don't know what you're referring to. Did I miss something?

Hi Don,

In another thread I had made a remark that an author of a fictional Kennedy assassination book was a 'Bozo' for fictionalizing a story that is amazing enough as it happened.

I realize there's a lot to be said for novels and fiction and all such arthors aren't Bozos.

Are you going to any of the COPA events?

BK

Bill,

I live in the D.C. suburbs, so anything happening around here would be much easier to get to. I'll have to check back for updates about what may be going in D.C.