The Education Forum

NASA Exposes Their Apollo Moon Landing Hoax!

Duane Daman

BTW, an excerpt from an e-mail regarding the UV camera:

"One thing to point out on the forum would be that the images would have had to be faked with a very deep knowledge of astrophysics, since the publications based on their analysis passed peer review for technical journals (and most can now be found and read by anyone at the NASA ADS abstract server), as well as being consistent with later robotic-mission results. Another point would be to compare these images with then-contemporary astronomical images of agreed provenance, especially using image tubes or electronographic cameras."

I think we have tried to point out this argument in several areas, but if people who support a conspiracy view do not understand the intricacies of the subject, they simply naysay the experts. If you ask why various experts have not 'exposed the hoax', common replies are "they are in on it" or "they are being pressured to maintain the official record" or similar.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Armstrong,Aldrin and Collins had not seen the moon on the way out, but according to the flight plan they were supposed to take some pictures of it a few hours before braking into lunar orbit. As they finished breakfast, a sudden darkness came around them and for the first time in the flight the sky was full of stars, too many to count, each with a steady, gemlike brilliance. They had flown into the lunar shadow. Through the windows of the slowly turning spacecraft they looked out at the place where the sun had once been, and there was the moon: a huge, magnificent sphere bathed in the eerie blue light of earthshine, each crater rendered in ghostly detail,all except for a third of the globe,which was a crescent of blackness. As their eyes adapted to the darkness they saw that the entire moon was set against a giant ellipse of pearly white light,the glowing gases of the suns outer atmosphere which stretched beyond the moon into the blackness. Somehow in these strange, cosmic illuminations the moon looked decidely three-dimensional. bulging out at them as if to present itself in welcome,or, perhaps, warning.

They reference this fantasy at the ALSJ.... So its Gospel.

No stars from the Cosmos

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QB94E-osQQw

COLLINS LIED AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE. .... END OF STORY..... CASE CLOSED !

A MAN ON THE MOON P.594 APPENDICES- PERSONS INTERVIEWED (WITH AFFILIATIONS DURING APOLLO)

Buzz Aldrin, Joseph P. Allen, William A. Anders, Neil A. Armstrong, Alan L.Bean, Frank Borman, Gerald P.Carr, Eugene A.Cernan, Michael Collins, Charles Conrad Jr, etc, etc, etc.

A MAN ON THE MOON P.187 ANDREW CHAIKIN.

Edited by Duane Daman

Uh, your quote is about them passing into the lunar shadow, while in the youtube clip he said "on the daylight side of the moon". You lose, try again.

No it isn't. Read and watch again.

Armstrong,Aldrin and Collins had not seen the moon on the way out, **but according to the flight plan they were supposed to take some pictures of it a few hours before braking into lunar orbit**. As they finished breakfast, a sudden darkness came around them and for the first time in the flight **the sky was full of stars**, too many to count, each with a steady, gemlike brilliance. They had flown into the lunar shadow. Through the windows of the slowly turning spacecraft they looked out at the place where the sun had once been, and there was the moon: a huge, magnificent sphere bathed in the eerie blue light of earthshine, each crater rendered in ghostly detail,all except for a third of the globe,which was a crescent of blackness. As their eyes adapted to the darkness they saw that the entire moon was set against a giant ellipse of pearly white light,**the glowing gases of the suns outer atmosphere which stretched beyond the moon into the blackness**

Armstrong- " I don't recall during the time we were photographing the solar corona what stars we could see"

Collins- " I don't remember seeing any"

Of course Mikey C may have been getting himself mixed up because he wasn't supposed to be on the Moonset ( snicker)

Armstrong- " We were never able to see stars on the lunar surface or on the daylight side of the Moon by eye without looking through the optics."

Seeing as Mr Sibrel only discovered the Apollo 11 Press Conference a few years ago, and Man On The Moon was released in 1994 its a fair bet that passage would have been scrubbed if Mr Chaikin had known of Collins comment!

STOP DEFENDING LIES WEST. YOU ARE MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF

Edited by Duane Daman

No it isn't. Read and watch again.

Armstrong,Aldrin and Collins had not seen the moon on the way out, **but according to the flight plan they were supposed to take some pictures of it a few hours before braking into lunar orbit**. As they finished breakfast, a sudden darkness came around them and for the first time in the flight **the sky was full of stars**, too many to count, each with a steady, gemlike brilliance. They had flown into the lunar shadow. Through the windows of the slowly turning spacecraft they looked out at the place where the sun had once been, and there was the moon: a huge, magnificent sphere bathed in the eerie blue light of earthshine, each crater rendered in ghostly detail,all except for a third of the globe,which was a crescent of blackness. As their eyes adapted to the darkness they saw that the entire moon was set against a giant ellipse of pearly white light,**the glowing gases of the suns outer atmosphere which stretched beyond the moon into the blackness**

Armstrong- " I don't recall during the time we were photographing the solar corona what stars we could see"

Collins- " I don't remember seeing any"

Of course Mikey C may have been getting himself mixed up because he wasn't supposed to be on the Moonset ( snicker)

Armstrong- " We were never able to see stars on the lunar surface or on the daylight side of the Moon by eye without looking through the optics."

Seeing as Mr Sibrel only discovered the Apollo 11 Press Conference a few years ago, and Man On The Moon was released in 1994 its a fair bet that passage would have been scrubbed if Mr Chaikin had known of Collins comment!

STOP DEFENDING LIES WEST. YOU ARE MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF

I think you may be misunderstanding Collins comment. It's quite clear he was referring to not being able to see any stars while photographing the solar corona, which was a task that he performed, from the CSM while in orbit around the moon. He used the body of the moon to partially eclipse the sun, enabling him to photograph the solar corona. He couldn't recall seeing stars in the corona - if you think that's wrong, then you need to supply evidence as to why he should have been able to see stars in the glare of the solar corona under the conditions described.

If you think it's going to be worth your effort doing that, bear in mind that Collins said he couldn't recall seeing stars in the corona - he didn't say "No sir, no way were there stars, I remember trying to see them and there definitely were NO stars visible in the solar corona. I was quite surprised."

Here's one of the photos he took.

6179.jpg

Edited by Dave Greer

I haven't misunderstood anything and neither has anyone else who understands the body language of liars and has watched that pathetic Apollo 11 press conference .

"On the 21st February 1969 Neil visited, for the last time, the Moorhead Planatarium where he had trained eleven times previously, for a total of twenty days. This was for the purpose of perfecting his star navigation and observation techniques.

Neil Armstrong was in fact, by far the most qualified astronomer in the astronaut corps. He flew jet fighters at 40,000 feet for the specific purpose of studying star constellations, gazing in awe at the clarity afforded in such rarified conditions, as seen through his cockpit canopy. Neil Armstrong was indeed a star gazer with amazing resources. He had access to facilities that few men before could have dreamed of using.

Patrick Moore asked Neil at the post Moon landing press conference if he had seen stars from the Moon’s surface. Neil, looking surprised at such a question paused and answered – as if it hadn’t occurred to him to ‘think’ about the topic before – ‘I don’t recall seeing stars...’ he stammered. Mike Collins, looking equally ‘sheepish’ interjected that he also ‘couldn’t recall.’

Wherever Neil had been between July 16th and July 24th 1969 one would have anticipated a eulogy of ‘awe’ resulting from the vision of the majestic celestial bodies to which he had previously dedicated so much study.

Alternatively ‘shocked’ at the absence of stars from the Moon’s surface one may have expected some elaboration of puzzlement at this conference. Perhaps a gesture of exclamation? But only a nervous lack of recall following the recent extraordinary events. Something indeed did appear to be missing!"

http://www.aulis.com/letter_hansen.htm

Quoting Aulis? I wouldn't say Percy couldn't lay straight in bed, but....

Well, if you're quoting Aulis, I'll quote Clavius:

Here is the relevant part of the transcript:

QUERY: I have two brief questions that I would like to ask, if I may. When you were carrying out that incredible Moon walk, did you find that the surface was equally firm everywhere or were there harder and softer spots that you could detect? And secondly, when you looked up at the sky, could you actually see the stars in the solar corona in spite of the glare?

ALDRIN: The first part of your question, the surface did vary in its thickness of penetration somewhere in flat regions. [...]

ARMSTRONG: We were never able to see stars from the lunar surface or on the daylight side of the Moon by eye without looking through the optics [i.e., the lunar module's navigation telescope]. I don't recall during the period of time that we were photographing the solar corona what stars we could see.

ALDRIN [actually Collins]: I don't remember seeing any.

(The First Lunar Landing As Told By The Astronauts: Armstrong, Aldrin, and Collins in a Post-flight Press Conference, NASA EP-73, 1989 pt. VI)

Collins' response is a followup to Armstrong's reference to solar corona photography (Fig. 3) which had been taken from the command module during the translunar coast, in which all three astronauts participated. (Apollo 11 Preliminary Science Report NASA SP-214, 1969, p. 39). The reporter's question is a bit confusing since the solar corona cannot be seen from the lunar surface except when the earth eclipses the sun. Or, of course, from a spaceship positioned such that the earth is between the spaceship and the sun. Apollo 11's course provided just such an opportunity. It appears Neil Armstrong interpreted the reporter's phrase "solar corona" to refer to this data.

I had a look at the Aulis webpage and the letter to James Hansen. I sent the following reply to David:

Dear David,

I saw your letter on the Aulis website, and I might be able to help you with your questions. Firstly, you have to remember that the section sup until PDI (Powered Descent Initiation) in lunar orbit had been practiced previous. Launch, Earth orbit, TLI, LOI, lunar orbit, TEI, and Earth entry had all been practiced - through simulation or actual flight. It was only the landing phase that had not been put through simulation. Even then, you have to take into account that Armstrong had been flying the LLRV / LLTV since early 1968. Armstrong was a strong proponent of the LLRV / LLTV, saying it gave invaluable experience in conducting a lunar landing.

They also had procedural trainers on which to practice. It is just that the full simulators, and integrated sims, were not available until later.

I might refer you to Chapter 24 of "Apollo" by Charles Murray and Catherine Bly Cox (South Mountain Books 2004, ISBN 0-976008-0-6). This publication is considered a "must have" for Apollo researchers. On Page 333:

'...In the case of the lunar descent, the simulation software wasn't completed until about two months before G's (ie - Apollo 11 - Evan) scheduled launch. But that was okay. The White Team was coming off Apollo 9 with "what we thought was a pretty hot hand," Kranz recalled, and they were ready. Two months was plenty for the White Team.

The first simulation of a landing on the moon, on May 29, was a major event within M.S.C. ....'

Also, from Page 334:

'...The first lunar descent sim, however, turned out to be routine. The SimSup didn't try any funny stuff at all; he just let the flight controllers and Armstrong and Aldrin determine that they could indeed put the LEM (sic) down in one piece if nothing went wrong. And so it went for the first few days of sims, "shooting the nominals," they called it - normal burns, no major malfunctions, no disperse trajectories. "But then the simulation team started putting the meat to us," Kranz said, "and, to put it bluntly, we started crashing." Or, almost as bad, they aborted when they didn't really have to.'

I hope this answers some of your questions.

All the best,

Evan

QUERY: I have two brief questions that I would like to ask, if I may. When you were carrying out that incredible Moon walk, did you find that the surface was equally firm everywhere or were there harder and softer spots that you could detect? And secondly, when you looked up at the sky, could you actually see the stars in the solar corona in spite of the glare?

ALDRIN: The first part of your question, the surface did vary in its thickness of penetration somewhere in flat regions. [...]

ARMSTRONG: We were never able to see stars from the lunar surface or on the daylight side of the Moon by eye without looking through the optics [i.e., the lunar module's navigation telescope]. I don't recall during the period of time that we were photographing the solar corona what stars we could see.

(The First Lunar Landing As Told By The Astronauts: Armstrong, Aldrin, and Collins in a Post-flight Press Conference, NASA EP-73, 1989 pt. VI)

Collins' response is a followup to Armstrong's reference to solar corona photography (Fig. 3) which had been taken from the command module during the translunar coast, in which all three astronauts participated. (Apollo 11 Preliminary Science Report NASA SP-214, 1969, p. 39). The reporter's question is a bit confusing since the solar corona cannot be seen from the lunar surface except when the earth eclipses the sun. Or, of course, from a spaceship positioned such that the earth is between the spaceship and the sun. Apollo 11's course provided just such an opportunity. It appears Neil Armstrong interpreted the reporter's phrase "solar corona" to refer to this data.

How do you know Collins took that lame looking solar corona photo that Greer posted here and not Armstrong or Aldrin ?... Because according to this statement from Moon Base Clavius , all three of them participated in the solar corona photography? .. I don't know why Jay Windley is confused.... Armstrong made it crystal clear in his answer that he couldn't see stars from the lunar surface 'during daylight by eye, without looking thru' the optics' and THEN stated he couldn't recall what stars he COULD see during the solar corona photography.... Mike Collins doesn't remember seeing any which can only relate to the solar corona photography which contradicts what Chaikin stated in his book.

" Armstrong,Aldrin and Collins had not seen the moon on the way out, but according to the flight plan they were supposed to take some pictures of it a few hours before braking into lunar orbit. As they finished breakfast, a sudden darkness came around them ****and for the first time in the flight the sky was full of stars, too many to count, each with a steady, gemlike brilliance. They had flown into the lunar shadow. Through the windows of the slowly turning spacecraft they looked out at the place where the sun had once been, and there was the moon: a huge, magnificent sphere bathed in the eerie blue light of earthshine, each crater rendered in ghostly detail,all except for a third of the globe,which was a crescent of blackness. As their eyes adapted to the darkness they saw that the entire moon was set against a giant ellipse of pearly white light,the glowing gases of the suns outer atmosphere which stretched beyond the moon into the blackness****. Somehow in these strange, cosmic illuminations the moon looked decidely three-dimensional. bulging out at them as if to present itself in welcome,or, perhaps, warning."

So the stars had appeared for the first time in the flight "too many to count, each with a steady, gemlike brilliance" , at the same time "the glowing gases of the suns outer atmosphere which stretched beyond the moon into the blackness", all three of them participated in the photography, Armstrong couldn't recall what stars he COULD see at this point, yet Mike Collins who was interviewed by Chaikin couldn't recall seeing any.

Seems to me that either Chaikin is embellishing his work of fantasy with lies, or Collins wasn't being truthful at the press conference. Which is it?

Seems to me that either Chaikin is embellishing his work of fantasy with lies, or Collins wasn't being truthful at the press conference. Which is it?

Neither. As you seem so reluctant to admit, he was probably replying to the section about which stars could be seen during the solar corona.

Collins saw stars on the way to the Moon, and at other times.

Turns out I was wrong; no-one specifically mentions seeing the stars from the lunar surface. There are examples of mentioning the Earth, though, which I have included in the list below.

Forgive me Evan, but I'm afraid you're wrong good sir!

In the Apollo 17 Lunar Surface Journal, Gene Cernan is quoted as saying:

"...when you were on the surface in the LM's shadow, there were too many

bright things in your field-of-view for the stars to be visible. But I

remember that I wanted to see whether I could see stars, and there were

times out on the surface when I found that, if you allowed yourself to just

focus and maybe even just shielded your eyes to some degree, even outside

the LM shadow you could see stars in the sky. I could see stars through my

helmet visor; not easily, but it can be done."

The reflected sunlight travels in straight lines. There is no atmosphere to scatter the sunlight, so when an astronaut (or camera) looks up at the stars, how could the reflected light from the lunar surface get into his eyes?

Dark Adaptation. If there is sufficiently bright light in an Astronauts FOV, he will not be able to see the dimmer stars.

The Moons albedo is on average 7% ... I.E. its as reflective as dark grey asphalt!

Albedo is ratio of electromagnetic energy reflected by an object. It has no relevance to the AMOUNT of Radiation reflected. 7% of the Sun's visible light is quite a lot you know ;)

Edited by Gavin Stone

Ah! I was actually referring to radio transmissions made during the missions themselves ("...magnificent desolation...") rather than a post flight comment in the ALSJ - but I never said that, so you are quite correct. I stand corrected.

How do you know Collins took that lame looking solar corona photo that Greer posted here and not Armstrong or Aldrin ?... Because according to this statement from Moon Base Clavius , all three of them participated in the solar corona photography? .. I don't know why Jay Windley is confused.... Armstrong made it crystal clear in his answer that he couldn't see stars from the lunar surface 'during daylight by eye, without looking thru' the optics' and THEN stated he couldn't recall what stars he COULD see during the solar corona photography.... Mike Collins doesn't remember seeing any which can only relate to the solar corona photography which contradicts what Chaikin stated in his book.

" Armstrong,Aldrin and Collins had not seen the moon on the way out, but according to the flight plan they were supposed to take some pictures of it a few hours before braking into lunar orbit. As they finished breakfast, a sudden darkness came around them ****and for the first time in the flight the sky was full of stars, too many to count, each with a steady, gemlike brilliance. They had flown into the lunar shadow. Through the windows of the slowly turning spacecraft they looked out at the place where the sun had once been, and there was the moon: a huge, magnificent sphere bathed in the eerie blue light of earthshine, each crater rendered in ghostly detail,all except for a third of the globe,which was a crescent of blackness. As their eyes adapted to the darkness they saw that the entire moon was set against a giant ellipse of pearly white light,the glowing gases of the suns outer atmosphere which stretched beyond the moon into the blackness****. Somehow in these strange, cosmic illuminations the moon looked decidely three-dimensional. bulging out at them as if to present itself in welcome,or, perhaps, warning."

So the stars had appeared for the first time in the flight "too many to count, each with a steady, gemlike brilliance" , at the same time "the glowing gases of the suns outer atmosphere which stretched beyond the moon into the blackness", all three of them participated in the photography, Armstrong couldn't recall what stars he COULD see at this point, yet Mike Collins who was interviewed by Chaikin couldn't recall seeing any.

One quote about seeing stars out the window from the dark side of the moon, the other about not seeing them while photographing the solar corona. If you stop taking the quotes out of context, you may understand:

1) On the day side of the moon, they couldn't see the stars with the moon or sun in their field of view

2) On the day side, they could only see stars while looking though the navigational optics

3) On the dark side, they could see them out the window

4) On the dark side, they were difficult to see when they were photographing the solar corona.

Each of your quotes fits one of these 4 situations perfectly, and there is no contradiction when the quotes are kept in context.

1) On the day side of the moon, they couldn't see the stars with the moon or sun in their field of view

2) On the day side, they could only see stars while looking though the navigational optics

Then how did they manage to take this photo in the space shuttle ( showing the interior properly exposed) above the daylight side of the Earth?

jsc2000e10522.jpg