The Education Forum

Bayo/Pawley Affair

John wrote:

And come on, Timmy, Wikipedia? Your sources are Wiki-friggen-pedia? The History Channel? and... whatever?

I rest my case!

I find it curious how many otherwise intelligent members of this Forum think it necessary or expedient to insert personal sarcasm. I have found the more intelliget writings that appear who are from members who never stoop to that.

Sure, John, I understand Wikipedia is a quick check. You do not assert there were any inaccuracies in the quote from Wikipedia, do you?

Good thing it did not say that JM/WAVE was fighting Batista in 1958!!!

• 4 months later...

The following one paragraph story, appeared in the New York Times on December 2, 1963.

Nassau Holding 9 Cubans

Found on a Bahama Island

Special to the New York Times

NASSAU, Bahamas, Dec 1--

The British frigate Tartar

landed nine Cubans today who

had been picked up on Friday

by naval forces at Cay Sal, an

uninhabited island in the Baha-

mas.

The Cubans, thought to be

from Miami were turned over

to the police. Officials said they

would be charged tommorrow

with illegal entry and introdu-

cing arms into the British

colony without a license.

A senior police official said

the Cubans 20-foot inboard

launch had to be sunk as un-

safe to tow.

Explosives found on the

Cubans boat were destroyed,

he added. Arms and ammunition

found on the island were destroyed

or removed.

One of the most important articles published about the assassination of President Kennedy is The Bayo/Pawley Affair by Miguel Acoca and Robert K. Brown in Soldier of Fortune Magazine (Vol. 1 #2, 1975), which is no longer available from the publisher.

Greg Parker has posted the article at this web site:

http://reopenjfkcase.interodent.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&Itemid=37

http://reopenjfkcase.interodent.com/index....6&Itemid=37

I've tried to put the proper link up but it won't take.

Does this work?

BK

Bill, the link works fine.

Do you know when this operation first became known as "Red Cross"?

No, I don't.

But every ooperation has a code name.

What did they call the Dealey Plaza operation?

And many thanks for posting that article as I think it is very important and hope others get something out of it.

BK

Bill. You can find references to it in 'Deadly Secrets" by Wm Turner and Warren Hinckle, as well as "The Fish are Red". Operation TILT was the Code name given by the CIA. Brown changed it to 'Red Cross' because the TILT code name was still secret and all references were was still classified. The story on going in can be found in those books.

I flew in to remove these people from Cuba, as well as two Russian defectors. Eddie Bayo was a friend. He did not come out. This has been brought up on this forum a few years ago, I think; but it went nowhere.

Also there was an article written by Warren Hinckle, "The CIA's Secret Yacht War Against Castro" "City Magazine", San Francisco, CA. (copyright 1975; City Publishing Co. a Copala enterprize referenced to "The Flying Tiger" and the "Thour II". were two private Yachts used in that operation.

note: Red Cross was the code name for a safe house on S/W 9th Ter, in Coral Gables, Florida. That was the place where you went to get medical attention in you needed it. Records were not kept there. It was an Apartment house.

P.S. GPH was not associated in any way on any of this. FWIW

Edited by William Plumlee

One of the most important articles published about the assassination of President Kennedy is The Bayo/Pawley Affair by Miguel Acoca and Robert K. Brown in Soldier of Fortune Magazine (Vol. 1 #2, 1975), which is no longer available from the publisher.

Greg Parker has posted the article at this web site:

http://reopenjfkcase.interodent.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&Itemid=37

http://reopenjfkcase.interodent.com/index....6&Itemid=37

I've tried to put the proper link up but it won't take.

Does this work?

BK

Bill, the link works fine.

Do you know when this operation first became known as "Red Cross"?

No, I don't.

But every ooperation has a code name.

What did they call the Dealey Plaza operation?

And many thanks for posting that article as I think it is very important and hope others get something out of it.

BK

Bill. You can find references to it in 'Deadly Secrets" by Wm Turner and Warren Hinckle, as well as "The Fish are Red". Operation TILT was the Code name given by the CIA. Brown changed it to 'Red Cross' because the TILT code name was still secret and all references were was still classified. The story on going in can be found in those books.

I flew in to remove these people from Cuba, as well as two Russian defectors. Eddie Bayo was a friend. He did not come out. This has been brought up on this forum a few years ago, I think; but it went nowhere.

Also there was an article written by Warren Hinckle, "The CIA's Secret Yacht War Against Castro" "City Magazine", San Francisco, CA. (copyright 1975; City Publishing Co. a Copala enterprize referenced to "The Flying Tiger" and the "Thour II". were two private Yachts used in that operation.

note: Red Cross was the code name for a safe house on S/W 9th Ter, in Coral Gables, Florida. That was the place where you went to get medical attention in you needed it. Records were not kept there. It was an Apartment house.

P.S. GPH was not associated in any way on any of this. FWIW

Perhaps James could help on this. This was a picture taken just before we boarded the ThorII bound for Cuba. Operation TILT (brown's Red Cross)

I hope this is the right one. Some of the pictres are not labeled and its from memory. I did not want it to come out so big. ????

Edited by William Plumlee