The Education Forum

900 Cuban Exile Groups and 1500 Photographs!

Tim Gratz

This is new stuff recently posted on the MFF web-site:

23 Oct 2007 - New CIA Files on Cuban Exiles: Additional CIA records include a 475-page Cuban Counterrevolutionary Handbook from 1964 indexing the "more than 900 CR groups now on record," and a four-volume "mugbook" of Cuban exiles. Part 1 contains a master index of the mugbook, and part 2, part 3, and part 4 contain approximately 500 photos each. Also in this collection is a set of CIA memos mostly relating to the threat of an HSCA subpoeona in August 1978 regarding access to the Mexico City Station History and the Teresa Proenza file.

900 Cuban exile groups! And the CIA had about 1500 photographs of the exiles! Well, they certainly kept the CIA busy in paperwork if nothing else!

Tim,

Included in that mug book is one very interesting character named Roque Dalton Garcia. There is just a hint of possibility that he may have impersonated Oswald in Mexico.

I spoke to the late and most wonderful Mary Ferrell about this quite some time back and she did not discount the possibility and had quite some interest in this gentleman herself.

This is him below.

And talk about keeping the CIA busy, the mug book is quite incomplete. There were about twice that listed.

James

Tim,

Included in that mug book is one very interesting character named Roque Dalton Garcia. There is just a hint of possibility that he may have impersonated Oswald in Mexico.

I spoke to the late and most wonderful Mary Ferrell about this quite some time back and she did not discount the possibility and had quite some interest in this gentleman herself.

This is him below.

And talk about keeping the CIA busy, the mug book is quite incomplete. There were about twice that listed.

James

Hi, James & Tim

I checked that list on MFF, I do not recognize this mug shown here,

there may be others I would know after seeing mug shots.Also is

it possible you or Tim can show "Fransisco Vega" his name is near

the bottom of the MFF list. It is he that placed me in hell for a few

hours in G2/DGI Havana Hdqrtrs.

With my great thanks.

Harry

Here he is, Harry.

James

Hi, James

Thanking you for the Vega pic, but it is not my G2 person. Vega was

much like the pic, a well dressed,well spoken 'in English', but older by

five years or so, and somewhat thinner looking than this one.

Do not know possible importance but it was long ago reported that

Oswald met with G2Vega in Mexico.

James, much thanks as always.

Harry

Harry,

The guy I posted was Francisco Vega Ruiz.

I followed the alleged Oswald/Vega connection once but came across several Vega's, one of which was associated with Fabian Escalante. That Vega is supposedly the guy on the right in this image below. Escalante on the left.

I seriously doubt this is the man you encountered though.

Cheers,

James

Harry,

The guy I posted was Francisco Vega Ruiz.

I followed the alleged Oswald/Vega connection once but came across several Vega's, one of which was associated with Fabian Escalante. That Vega is supposedly the guy on the right in this image below. Escalante on the left.

I seriously doubt this is the man you encountered though.

Cheers,

James

Hi, James

Right, this second pic with Escalante also is not G2Vega. CIA, after I advised them of

G2Vega being in New York City, had me ID him via photos. G2Vega had answered a

letter to an FPCC person known to me that was of interest to FBI in Los Angeles.

It is not urgent but would liked to have known, as various Castro agents had infiltrated

anti-Castro groups in the US.

It just now occured to me that G2Vega may have been attached to the UN Cuba

Mission in New York City?

CIA/FBI first insisted I was to be flown to NY to ID G2Vega in person, I told them that

I would not fly in fear of being hijacked back to Cuba but would travel by train. Soon on,

a plane was forced to Cuba, I do not recall just off, but am sure the plane was out from

here in California!

As always my thanks to you James for your amazing efforts.

Harry

23 Oct 2007 - New CIA Files on Cuban Exiles: Additional CIA records include a 475-page Cuban Counterrevolutionary Handbook from 1964 indexing the "more than 900 CR groups now on record," and a four-volume "mugbook" of Cuban exiles. Part 1 contains a master index of the mugbook, and part 2, part 3, and part 4 contain approximately 500 photos each. Also in this collection is a set of CIA memos mostly relating to the threat of an HSCA subpoeona in August 1978 regarding access to the Mexico City Station History and the Teresa Proenza file.

900 Cuban exile groups! And the CIA had about 1500 photographs of the exiles! Well, they certainly kept the CIA busy in paperwork if nothing else!

Tim, could you or James tell me how to find these CIA files and photos? I was just over in MFF and I couldn't find the photos, etc.

Kathy Collins

Tim, could you or James tell me how to find these CIA files and photos? I was just over in MFF and I couldn't find the photos, etc.

Kathy Collins

Kathy,

It is labeled: Cuban Mug and Key Book - (Vol. 1) and listed under the HSCA Segregated CIA Collection (microfilm - reel 49),

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=613036

Using search : Cuban Mug and Key Book.

You must be a member to use the search fuction, a very valuable tool, as I've recently discovered, and most worthwhile joining and supporting Rex for all the revolutionary work he is doing posting this stuff.

The Mug book has 500 photos, each numbered, but I can't seem to locate the Master Index/Key Book, or any way of identifying names with the names and pix, though I'm sure it's because I'm the klutz.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

Kathy Collins

Kathy,

It is labeled: Cuban Mug and Key Book - (Vol. 1) and listed under the HSCA Segregated CIA Collection (microfilm - reel 49),

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=613036

Using search : Cuban Mug and Key Book.

You must be a member to use the search fuction, a very valuable tool, as I've recently discovered, and most worthwhile joining and supporting Rex for all the revolutionary work he is doing posting this stuff.

The Mug book has 500 photos, each numbered, but I can't seem to locate the Master Index/Key Book, or any way of identifying names with the names and pix, though I'm sure it's because I'm the klutz.

BK

I believe the Master Index is still on the Internet. I was looking at it a week or two ago.

Kathy