The Education Forum

New format?

Ron Ecker

One shouldn't complain about something free, but I have to say I'm disappointed in what appears to be a new format adopted on the forum, with posts that were shown in order in each thread being replaced by a list of links of replies, which then break themselves down into subthread links. This is the same format that has been in use at the Lancer Forum, and the problem, at least for me, is that a long thread becomes virtually impossible to follow. I have visited Lancer less than I used to because it's simply too hard to read any long threads there. I wish it had not happened here, if this is the case.

Ron,

One shouldn't complain about something free, but I have to say I'm disappointed in what appears to be a new format adopted on the forum, with posts that were shown in order in each thread being replaced by a list of links of replies, which then break themselves down into subthread links. This is the same format that has been in use at the Lancer Forum, and the problem, at least for me, is that a long thread becomes virtually impossible to follow. I have visited Lancer less than I used to because it's simply too hard to read any long threads there. I wish it had not happened here, if this is the case.

Try this:

Open up a thread by someone.

On the top right, you should see a button that says, "Options"

Click on that and scroll down. You should see an option for viewing threads in "Standard" mode. Right now I think you are viewing threads in "Outline" mode.

On the Lancer forum, select the option for viewing threads in "Linear" mode.

I think that should straighten it out.

Steve Thomas

Ron,

Try this:

Open up a thread by someone.

On the top right, you should see a button that says, "Options"

Click on that and scroll down. You should see an option for viewing threads in "Standard" mode. Right now I think you are viewing threads in "Outline" mode.

On the Lancer forum, select the option for viewing threads in "Linear" mode.

I think that should straighten it out.

Steve Thomas

Steve is right. Nothing has changed on the forum. Follow Steve's instructions and you will back to normal.