The Education Forum

Leo Gauthier

Pat; (& others)

Thought perhaps it would be better served to demonstrate Leo Gauthier's participation in the events in a separate topic, since he quite obviously played some role in obscuring & confusing the evidence.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/gauthier.htm

TESTIMONY OF LEO J. GAUTHIER beginning at 5H135...

Mr. SPECTER. Would you state your full name for the record, please?

Mr. GAUTHIER. Leo J. Gauthier.

Mr. SPECTER. And by whom are you employed, sir?

Mr. GAUTHIER. The Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Mr. SPECTER. And what is your rank with the Federal Bureau of Investigation?

Mr. GAUTHIER. Inspector. I am in charge of the Bureau's exhibit section, where we prepare investigative aids, consisting of diagrams, charts, maps, three-dimensional exhibits, in connection with the presentation of cases in court. *

Mr. SPECTER. How long have you been employed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation?

Mr. GAUTHIER. Twenty-nine years.

*Emphasis added!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. GAUTHIER. The survey was made on May 24, 1964, by Robert H. West, county surveyor, a licensed State land surveyor, located at 160 County Courthouse, Dallas, Tex.

Mr. SPECTER. Have you brought the tracing of that survey with you today?

Mr. GAUTHIER. I have; yes.

Mr. SPECTER. And have you brought a cardboard reproduction of that?

Mr. GAUTHIER. A copy made from the tracing; yes.

Mr. SPECTER. Would you produce the cardboard copy made from the tracing for the inspection of the Commission at this time, please?

Mr. GAUTHIER. Yes.

Mr. SPECTER. Would you produce the tracing at this time, please?

Mr. GAUTHIER. Yes; the tracing is wrapped, and sealed in this container.

Mr. SPECTER. Without breaking the seal, I will ask you if the cardboard which has been set up here--may the record show it is a large cardboard. I will ask you for the dimensions in just a minute.

Does the printing on the cardboard represent an exact duplication of the tracing which you have in your hand? *

Mr. GAUTHIER. Yes.

*Emphasis added

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. SPECTER. May it please the Commission, we will mark the tracing Commission Exhibit No. 882, and not take it out, since the cardboard represents it, and place Commission Exhibit No. 883 on the cardboard drawing itself, and I would like to move for the admission into evidence of both Exhibits Nos. 882 and 883.

The CHAIRMAN. They may be admitted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. SPECTER. I now hand you a schedule which I have marked as Commission Exhibit No. 884 and ask you what figures are contained thereon.

(The document referred to was marked Commission Exhibit No. 884 for identification.)

Mr. GAUTHIER. This is a copy of a tabulation which appears on the plat map.

It contains certain positions marked as frame numbers. It indicates elevations and a column dealing with angle of sight from the frame positions to the window and to a horizontal line.

It also contains angels of sight the degree of sight and distances from these positions to a point on the top of the bridge, handrail height.

Mr. SPECTER. May it please the Commission, that concludes the description of the general setting.

I would like to move now at this time for the admission into evidence of Exhibit No. 884, which completes all of the exhibits used heretofore.

Mr. McCLOY. It may be admitted.

(The document heretofore marked for identification as Commission Exhibit No. 884, was received in evidence.)

Mr. SPECTER. May it please the Commission, that completes the testimony of Inspector Gauthier.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CE884

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol17_0464b.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...ancedResults.do

Kennedy Assassination Chronicles, Volume 7, Issue 3 pg 1

Found in: Kennedy Assassination Chronicles

multiple hits in this document

The Fourth Decade, Volume 3, Issue 1 pg 17

Found in: The Fourth Decade

Purvis, who has been corre- sponding with Robert West since 1991, the level of government deceit can now be understood. This is not the first time Mr. West and surveyor, Chester Breneman, have raised

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone even vaguely familiar with the facts as relates to the various assassination survey's & re-enactments in Dealy Plaza should be aware that I long ago exposed the alteration to the survey data of Mr. West, as demonstrated on the WC Exhibit CE884 as admitted into evidence, and the actual survey notes and surveyed positions which Mr. West was directed to perform.

And, since Leo Gauthier, by his own admission, was responsible for the preparation of these exhibits, then one must assume that Leo Gauthier also had some part in alteration to the original survey information found on the data block.

And, quite obviously, Mr. Gauthier is not that familiar with a "Leroy Set", as I personally, immediately recognized the alteration, even to the reduced versions of CE884 as demonstrated within the WC.

In fact, it was recognition of this alteration that ultimately resulted in my having located Mr. West and ultimately acquired original copies of the surveys as well as the survey notes.

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol18_0054a.htm

CE900 photo from re-enactment.

Just fail to fully comprehend exactly why the WC had such difficulty in location of the point on Elm St. at which JFK had been hit by the first shot.

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...eport_0068a.htm

Especially when, in fact, the SS as well as the FBI had both concurred with this location in their separate survey/re-enactments, and had they (the WC) had any questions then all that they had to do was ask Leo Gauthier as he was certainly knowledgeable of it.

Not to mention the fact that during the WC re-enactment, Mr. West set up his instrument directly over the (SS/FBI) determined point, as it was one of his established bench marks for elevation and survey stationing distances.

Yep!

CE900 (reenactment) photo still has things which had not been revealed, and in event that anyone wishes to look for this point, as far as is known, the "Nail" for impact point of shot# 1 still remains in Elm St. (even if covered over with new asphalt).

SAFETY NOTE: Please get someone to flag traffic for you in event that you get your pin locator/metal detector and run to Dealy Plaza.

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...Vol17_0144b.htm

CE585: The FBI Survey Plat of 02/07/64

For those who are having difficulty with the "small/reduced" WC Exhibits.

(P.S. that is another "key" to the obfuscation)

1. Shot#1, impact at street elevation 423.07----------Exact same as SS Survey Plat of 12/5/63.

Note: 184 feet shot distance (Gauthier states 182 feet, which would be slightly more correct if one were to take into consideration that actual height of JFK's head above the point on the street.

2. Shot#2: This distance, (242 feet) is in fact the distance determined for the point on Elm St. which is some 24+ feet PRIOR to the Z313 impact point. It is the completely phony/made up impact point on Elm St. at which the FBI (during their re-enactment) attempted to delete the Z313 impact point completely).

It's "Stationing" number was 4+42.5 (as opposed to the Z313 WC survey stationing for the Z313 headshot which was located at stationing 4+65.3)

NOTE: There is a slight difference (less than 2-feet) between the SS positioning for the Z313 impact point and the WC Z313 impact point, of which I have previously discussed.

3. Shot#3, remains the impact point and shooting distance to the impact point of the third/last/final shot which impacted directly in front of James Altgens position, down at stationing 4+95, and which the SS as well as the FBI maintained as the impact point for the last shot fired.

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol17_0449a.htm

One should also note that in all probability, the FBI Survey Plat, not unlike the SS Survey Plat, would have most likely never have been seen were it not for Ronald Simmons having brought out it's existence.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/simmons.htm

Mr. EISENBERG. Can you state where you derived these distances?

Mr. SIMMONS. These distances were the values given on the survey map which were given to us.

Mr. EISENBERG. Are you sure they were not the values I gave to you myself?

Mr. SIMMONS. I stand corrected. These are values--we were informed that the numbers on the survey map were possibly in error. The distances are very close, however.

Mr. EISENBERG. For the record, the figures which I gave Mr. Simmons are approximations and are not to be taken as the Commission's conclusive determination of what those distances are.

A "confusion" on the part of Ronald Simmons as to where he got the distance figures for shooting, is the only reason that this survey (the FBI survey plat) became known.

Had Ronald Simmons answered correctly, in that the figures used were in fact derived from distances which Melvin Eisenberg gave to Simmons, then in all probability, the FBI Survey Plat would have never been admitted into evidence.

However, once exposed, there was little choice left, and thusly, it was admitted in a hidden area of which few would ever catch on that CE585:

Mr. EISENBERG. Could you explain your reference to a map? You have made several references to that.

Mr. SIMMONS. I refer to the survey plat which is dated December 5, 1963.

Mr. EISENBERG. And how were you supplied with that?

Mr. SIMMONS. To the best of my knowledge, you gave it to one of the employees in my office.

Mr. EISENBERG. Mr. Chairman, this is a plat made by a licensed surveyor of the area immediately adjoining the Texas School Book Depository. I would like to introduce it into evidence solely to show the basis which Mr. Simmons was using in his test, and not for the truth, of the measurements which are shown in here.

Mr. McCLOY. It may be received.

Mr. EISENBERG. That would be Commission 585.

(The document referred to was marked Commission Exhibit No. 585 and received in evidence.)

Guess it helps if the attachment (FBI survey info) is added! (especially for those who have never seen it)

Edited by Thomas H. Purvis

Perhaps of some help in determination of essential elements of information.

Now!

Anyone who completed the "workbook" should be aware that the WC determined that the "Rifle to Kennedy" distance for the Z313 headshot was approximately 265 feet.

And, when compared with the FBI Survey Plat of 2/7/64, it is clearly seen that the second shot distance is somewhat short of this Z313 impact point distance, and the third/last/final shot distance is some 30 feet past what would be the Z313 distance had it been platted/plotted on the chart..

Edited by Thomas H. Purvis

When one actually allows the imagination to run wild (which most assuredly is frequently observed here), then, one can only imagine some of the events which transpired after JEH & Company had their little "moving impact point" for the second shot exposed, and which made an attempt to completely delete the Z313 impact point from record.

Quite obviously, JEH was not "creative" enough in that he made no attempt to actually make any of the three shots disappear.

Enter the "KING"/aka Specter & Company/aka the WC! (select members)

Who, even with all of the existing evidence, made the first shot impact point become an "unknown"; made the third/last/final shot impact point (down at stationing 4+95/aka in front of James Altgens position) completely disappear; convinced many that all three shots were fired within the Z210 to Z313 timeframe;

convinced all that there was nothing past Z334 (prior to Altgens coming into view on the film) worth seeing;, and thereafter packaged and sold the SBT as well as "THE SHOT THAT MISSED".

Personally, I have paid good money to see "Magic Shows" in Vegas which were nowhere near as good as what Specter & Company pulled off.

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...eport_0068a.htm

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...eport_0071a.htm

When one actually allows the imagination to run wild (which most assuredly is frequently observed here), then, one can only imagine some of the events which transpired after JEH & Company had their little "moving impact point" for the second shot exposed, and which made an attempt to completely delete the Z313 impact point from record.

Quite obviously, JEH was not "creative" enough in that he made no attempt to actually make any of the three shots disappear.

Who, even with all of the existing evidence, made the first shot impact point become an "unknown"; made the third/last/final shot impact point (down at stationing 4+95/aka in front of James Altgens position) completely disappear; convinced many that all three shots were fired within the Z210 to Z313 timeframe;

convinced all that there was nothing past Z334 (prior to Altgens coming into view on the film) worth seeing;, and thereafter packaged and sold the SBT as well as "THE SHOT THAT MISSED".

Personally, I have paid good money to see "Magic Shows" in Vegas which were nowhere near as good as what Specter & Company pulled off.

"Mr. SPECTER. Did you participate in the onsite tests made in Dallas?

Mr. GAUTHIER. I did.

Mr. SPECTER. Was a survey made of the scene used to record some of the results of that onsite testing?

Mr. GAUTHIER. Yes.

Mr. SPECTER. And by whom was the survey made?

Mr. GAUTHIER. The survey was made on May 24, 1964, by Robert H. West, county surveyor, a licensed State land surveyor, located at 160 County Courthouse, Dallas, Tex. "

YEP!

And, as noted, the WC gave us the Z313 headshot impact as well as the mythological "THE SHOT THAT MISSED", and could not even, for whatever reason, tell us exactly which shot it was that supposedly missed.

Now, armed with the WC's magic act, the FBI re-entered the survey data business.

And, since the WC effectively made the third/last/final shot completely disappear from history (almost anyway), then the FBI apparantly deemed that they too should do so as well.

Thusly, on June 25, 1964, Robert West Survey Company of Dallas was contacted by the FBI and directed to prepare a new "Survey Plat".

This "new" survey plat now effectively eliminated the third/last/final (294' distance shot) which impacted down directly in front of James Altgens, thus making this shot "disappear" from the record.

This "new' survey plat then corrected the JEH & Company lie in which the attempt to move the second shot impact some 24.5 feet prior to the Z313 impact point had taken place, and re-located the second shot impact point back to the US SS Z313 impact point which had been determined during the December 2/3/&4th survey and re-enactment.

And, for whatever reason, the FBI left the first shot impact point as it had always been originally determined by the SS, as well as the FBI during their assassination re-enactments.

So!

In event the WC truly were to have had any difficulty in determination of many facts of the assassination, to include the impact point of the first shot fired, then all that they had to do was ask JEH & Company, as they were well aware of the simple facts of the assassination.

3-shots fired----3-hits.

"Mr. SPECTER. Did you participate in the onsite tests made in Dallas?

Mr. GAUTHIER. I did.

Mr. SPECTER. Was a survey made of the scene used to record some of the results of that onsite testing?

Mr. GAUTHIER. Yes.

Mr. SPECTER. And by whom was the survey made?

Mr. GAUTHIER. The survey was made on May 24, 1964, by Robert H. West, county surveyor, a licensed State land surveyor, located at 160 County Courthouse, Dallas, Tex. "

YEP!

And, as noted, the WC gave us the Z313 headshot impact as well as the mythological "THE SHOT THAT MISSED", and could not even, for whatever reason, tell us exactly which shot it was that supposedly missed.

Now, armed with the WC's magic act, the FBI re-entered the survey data business.

And, since the WC effectively made the third/last/final shot completely disappear from history (almost anyway), then the FBI apparantly deemed that they too should do so as well.

Thusly, on June 25, 1964, Robert West Survey Company of Dallas was contacted by the FBI and directed to prepare a new "Survey Plat".

This "new" survey plat now effectively eliminated the third/last/final (294' distance shot) which impacted down directly in front of James Altgens, thus making this shot "disappear" from the record.

This "new' survey plat then corrected the JEH & Company lie in which the attempt to move the second shot impact some 24.5 feet prior to the Z313 impact point had taken place, and re-located the second shot impact point back to the US SS Z313 impact point which had been determined during the December 2/3/&4th survey and re-enactment.

And, for whatever reason, the FBI left the first shot impact point as it had always been originally determined by the SS, as well as the FBI during their assassination re-enactments.

So!

In event the WC truly were to have had any difficulty in determination of many facts of the assassination, to include the impact point of the first shot fired, then all that they had to do was ask JEH & Company, as they were well aware of the simple facts of the assassination.

3-shots fired----3-hits.

And, although shown before (the actual survey notes), here again is the WC street elevation for the Z313 impact.

As noted, the US Secret Service determined an impact point elevation of 418.35, whereas the WC determined a street elevation of 418.48.

A difference of 0.13 feet (1.56 inches) in street elevation difference.

Thusly, the US Secret Service, which also had computed a shot distance of 267 feet, had this information computed to an impact point on Elm St.

Whereas, the WC took into consideration the height of JFK's head above the location on Elm St.

The result being that the US Secret Service had a shot distance for the Z313 headshot of 267 feet, and the WC had a shot

distance of 265.3 feet.

And thereafter, "History has hid" the final shot which impacted the head of JFK some 30-feet farther down Elm St., directly in front of James Altgens, at a point as determined by the US Secret Service and verified by the FBI, and thereafter made to completely (again! almost anyway) disappear, by the "Slight/Sleight-of-hand" of Specter & Company.