The Education Forum

Final Thoughts on the Mack Business, and a Fond Au Revoir

"Gratz is tolerable and in some ways provides valuable insights. Colby, Lamson, Lewis and Burton are intolerable...providing only

insults and opinions but never any research. I, too, am opposed to banning such provocateurs. I am in favor of ignoring them."

Is that not in and of itself an opinion? Providing only insults......wow......the pot calling the kettle black.

I read quite a bit on the forum here, when I can stomach it, and feel like sifting through piles of sniveling and adolescent fighting to scrape up the smallest bit of information. Once you remove the ridiculous, almighty, you have no degree so you know nothing crowd, once you disregard space rays, alteration ridiculousness, and all the petty school yard squabbling, it is a rather good forum.

(Although one must confess some sense of sadistic glee at the beatings Josiah Thompson has delivered to Dr. Fetzer, and his group of whimsical unrealists.)

Mr. Simkin,

I applaud you for your restraint, truly, but is there not a line that needs to be drawn? Is there ever going to be a recognizable line behind good solid educational information and discussion, and disruption? I can appreciate your views on censorship, but sometimes the unruly children in the class need to be squelched, so those eager to learn, and not tiff, can do so in an educational environment.

Not that I have any hope that anything I have said will take hold, but what the heck.....it was said.

""Gratz is tolerable and in some ways provides valuable insights. Colby, Lamson, Lewis and Burton are intolerable...providing only

insults and opinions but never any research. I, too, am opposed to banning such provocateurs. I am in favor of ignoring them.""

I happen to agree with the above statement, but take a look at the tone of your reply.

"I read quite a bit on the forum here, when I can stomach it, and feel like sifting through piles of sniveling and adolescent fighting to scrape up the smallest bit of information. Once you remove the ridiculous, almighty, you have no degree so you know nothing crowd, once you disregard space rays, alteration ridiculousness, and all the petty school yard squabbling, it is a rather good forum."

(Although one must confess some sense of sadistic glee at the beatings Josiah Thompson has delivered to Dr. Fetzer, and his group of whimsical unrealists.)

You come off as a passive-aggressive, pompous little snit. The pot calling the kettle black, indeed!

"Mr. Simkin,

I applaud you for your restraint, truly, but is there not a line that needs to be drawn? Is there ever going to be a recognizable line behind good solid educational information and discussion, and disruption? I can appreciate your views on censorship, but sometimes the unruly children in the class need to be squelched, so those eager to learn, and not tiff, can do so in an educational environment."

And, as far as brown-nosing the admin goes, that, and $3.50 American, may get you a cup of Starbucks.

"Not that I have any hope that anything I have said will take hold, but what the heck.....it was said."

Especially, since everything you've said has already been stated dozens of times before. And, what makes you think that anyone will give a rat's patootey about what you've just redundantly implied, here?

Why don't you think before you make a statement, and use some logic in framing your rebuttals. Otherwise, you come off sounding no better than the ones you choose to attack.

Oh, and BTW, if you insist on accepting this as an "attack" from me, you are absolutely right. Take it as an example of your own ill-conceived handiwork.

Thank you for making my point perfectly clear.....you belong here Ms. Mauro.....you fit right in....

I was brown nosing no one simply stating my opinion, I assume there is a right to do that here is there not?

Perhaps the reason what I stated has been stated before is because it holds some validity. I have always thought that educated people could speak in a civilized manner, you are proof that they can not, you and so many others like you here on this forum.

It is very true that ignorance breeds contempt, and that is ever so apparent. You Ms. Mauro are the perfect example of one or the other.....I will allow you to decide.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Gratz is tolerable and in some ways provides valuable insights. Colby, Lamson, Lewis and Burton are intolerable...providing only

insults and opinions but never any research. I, too, am opposed to banning such provocateurs. I am in favor of ignoring them."

Is that not in and of itself an opinion? Providing only insults......wow......the pot calling the kettle black.

I read quite a bit on the forum here, when I can stomach it, and feel like sifting through piles of sniveling and adolescent fighting to scrape up the smallest bit of information. Once you remove the ridiculous, almighty, you have no degree so you know nothing crowd, once you disregard space rays, alteration ridiculousness, and all the petty school yard squabbling, it is a rather good forum.

Mr. Simkin,

I applaud you for your restraint, truly, but is there not a line that needs to be drawn? Is there ever going to be a recognizable line behind good solid educational information and discussion, and disruption? I can appreciate your views on censorship, but sometimes the unruly children in the class need to be squelched, so those eager to learn, and not tiff, can do so in an educational environment.

Not that I have any hope that anything I have said will take hold, but what the heck.....it was said.

""Gratz is tolerable and in some ways provides valuable insights. Colby, Lamson, Lewis and Burton are intolerable...providing only

insults and opinions but never any research. I, too, am opposed to banning such provocateurs. I am in favor of ignoring them.""

I happen to agree with the above statement, but take a look at the tone of your reply.

"I read quite a bit on the forum here, when I can stomach it, and feel like sifting through piles of sniveling and adolescent fighting to scrape up the smallest bit of information. Once you remove the ridiculous, almighty, you have no degree so you know nothing crowd, once you disregard space rays, alteration ridiculousness, and all the petty school yard squabbling, it is a rather good forum."

You come off as a passive-aggressive, pompous little snit. The pot calling the kettle black, indeed!

"Mr. Simkin,

I applaud you for your restraint, truly, but is there not a line that needs to be drawn? Is there ever going to be a recognizable line behind good solid educational information and discussion, and disruption? I can appreciate your views on censorship, but sometimes the unruly children in the class need to be squelched, so those eager to learn, and not tiff, can do so in an educational environment."

And, as far as brown-nosing the admin goes, that, and $3.50 American, may get you a cup of Starbucks.

"Not that I have any hope that anything I have said will take hold, but what the heck.....it was said."

Especially, since everything you've said has already been stated dozens of times before. And, what makes you think that anyone will give a rat's patootey about what you've just redundantly implied, here?

Why don't you think before you make a statement, and use some logic in framing your rebuttals. Otherwise, you come off sounding no better than the ones you choose to attack.

Oh, and BTW, if you insist on accepting this as an "attack" from me, you are absolutely right. Take it as an example of your own ill-conceived handiwork.

Thank you for making my point perfectly clear.....you belong here Ms. Mauro.....you fit right in....

I was brown nosing no one simply stating my opinion, I assume there is a right to do that here is there not?

Perhaps the reason what I stated has been stated before is because it holds some validity. I have always thought that educated people could speak in a civilized manner, you are proof that they can not, you and so many others like you here on this forum.

It is very true that ignorance breeds contempt, and that is ever so apparent. You Ms. Mauro are the perfect example of one or the other.....I will allow you to decide.

"It is very true that ignorance breeds contempt."

No, it's "Familiarity breeds contempt." You half-wit, since you've taken such relish in implying that I'm ignorant.

If that's your purpose here, to read for the infinite pleasure you obtain in order to express your bloviated, condescending attitude, then knock yourself out, Mister!

By all means, state your opinion seeing as you're no better than the rest of the people you take such pride and pleasure in slamming around here. Just remember, every time you toss one of your snide, little remarks out into the arena, there'll always be someone taking offense to your brand of ascerbic, and in this case, non-wit.

Mr. Simkin,

"Mr. Simkin,

No, it's "Familiarity breeds contempt." You half-wit, since you've taken such relish in implying that I'm ignorant.

If that's your purpose here, to read for the infinite pleasure you obtain in order to express your bloviated, condescending attitude, then knock yourself out, Mister!

By all means, state your opinion seeing as you're no better than the rest of the people you take such pride and pleasure in slamming around here. Just remember, every time you toss one of your snide, little remarks out into the arena, there'll always be someone taking offense to your brand of ascerbic, and in this case, non-wit.

I see you haven't lost your touch, Terry..... :rolleyes:

Mr. Simkin,

"Mr. Simkin,

It's been hot as hell out here on the Pacific Coast today, David, literally. :rolleyes:

Edited by Terry Mauro

Mr. Simkin,

"Mr. Simkin,

It's been hot as hell out here on the Pacific Coast today, David, literally. :rolleyes:

as it is in Las Vegas....