The Education Forum

retouching detected in Martin frame

Many images, such as this one, simply have areas blacked out.

The shape between the two cars is clearly not a photographic

artifact, but just a solid black parallelogram.

Jack

I know they blackened out a portion of the Grassy Knoll. And then when you see the Rickerby picture, it's so light and sunny. I wonder why they would black out something in the above photograph. Was someone standing there who didn't want to be seen?

Kathy

I know they blackened out a portion of the Grassy Knoll. And then when you see the Rickerby picture, it's so light and sunny. I wonder why they would black out something in the above photograph. Was someone standing there who didn't want to be seen?

Kathy

Here is that contribution on my part that you wondered if it ever occurred .....

The Nix film, which shows the knoll and the shadows got that way for several reasons. I would be happy to find some nature photos that I have taken so you all can see the deep shadows between the fur trees that appear pitch black on film.

Also, Groden said to me in past discussions on the Nix film that it was a process he did that caused the deep shading of the knoll copies. I forget the name of the process. Robert said that the film that he was making copies from could have shown the shaded area and he wanted to make a light print, but was kept from doing anything over what he was being paid to do ... or words to that effect. And if I remember correctly ... I am thinking that Robert told me that was the original that he had access to at that particular time.

Edited by Bill Miller