The Education Forum

Moorman in the street...

Next time someone says Moorman could not step into the street to take

her photo BECAUSE IT WAS TOO DANGEROUS TO STEP OFF THE CURB,

I will simply post this photo. (Main at Ervay, passing Neiman-Marcus)

Jack

(note the sign on the bus, inexplicably allowed on the parade route)

post-667-1212178260_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jack White

Next time someone says Moorman could not step into the street to take

her photo BECAUSE IT WAS TOO DANGEROUS TO STEP OFF THE CURB,

I will simply post this photo. (Main at Ervay, passing Neiman-Marcus)

Jack

(note the sign on the bus, inexplicably allowed on the parade route)

Brilliant example, Jack! The next time you are in the Plaza, please measure one step off the curb and see how that relates to where Officer Martins handle-bars were running near the street's gutter. Why you posted that photo is a mystery to me ... you aren't going to start claiming that there was a horde of people and a bus removed from the Zapruder film - are you??? (sigh~)

Bill Miller

The 'crowd control' is great - as is the bus' sign....should have had Tricky's sweaty five-O'clock shadowed face on it, holding a bottle of some carbonated beverage. The SS was doing a bang-up job that day....maybe they knew something, and it didn't matter....

It has been written that JFK had a lot to do with how some things were done. I guess that one could also say that 'maybe JFK knew something, and it didn't matter'. (sigh~)

I even bet that had it been up to the SS - they would have been next or on the car all the way through Dallas. I also bet that the car was traveling at a pretty good pace at the time the previously posted photo was taken. But let us also remember that it was JFK who ordered the car to stop along that parade route so he could greet the crowd.