The Education Forum

Evan Please respond to the PM I sent you

I sent a response to you. I didn't keep a copy, but sent a CC to another Mod.

To upload a new avatar, click on MY CONTROLS.

In the new window, look for the heading PERSONAL PROFILE. Under it, click on the label marked EDIT AVATAR SETTINGS.

Select the appropriate choice (URL or upload).

If you are getting a message telling you you have exceeded allowance or other message preventing you from uploading an avatar, please let me or another Mod know and we'll try to fix it ASAP.

Thank you for attempting to change your avatar - it is appreciated.

Evan

In the new window, look for the heading PERSONAL PROFILE. Under it, click on the label marked EDIT AVATAR SETTINGS.

If you are getting a message telling you you have exceeded allowance or other message preventing you from uploading an avatar, please let me or another Mod know and we'll try to fix it ASAP.

Evan

I am not changing my avatar. I have not heard from John. Will be happy to do so if he wishes but since he posted it originally I can only assume that it is okay.

I am trying to post some pictures of some very interesting aircraft in the political discussions thread.

Evan

I am not changing my avatar. I have not heard from John. Will be happy to do so if he wishes but since he posted it originally I can only assume that it is okay.

I am trying to post some pictures of some very interesting aircraft in the political discussions thread.

Oh, okay.

Firstly, your avatar does not meet our standards. It needs to show at least a face, in order to make things more personal. A number of members have had to change their avatars to comply with this. If you feel there is a valid reason why you should not have to comply with this rule, please contact Jon or Andy directly via PM and request a waiver from this requirement.

As far as the uploads are concerned, are you getting a message that your upload limit has been exceeded? If so, you need to ask John or Andy for a greater allowance. In the meantime, I can host the images on my photobucket website, if you like, and you can link to them there. Send me a PM and I'll give you an e-mail address to send the images to.

Edited by Evan Burton
Corrected spelling

Evan

Oh, okay.

Firstly, your avatar does not meet our standards. It needs to show at least a face, in order to make things more personal. A number of members have had to change their avatars to comply with this. If you feel their is a valid reason why you should not have to comply with this rule, please contact Jon or Andy directly via PM and request a waiver from this requirement.

As far as the uploads are concerned, are you getting a message that your upload limit has been exceeded? If so, you need to ask John or Andy for a greater allowance. In the meantime, I can host the images on my photobucket website, if you like, and you can link to them there. Send me a PM and I'll give you an e-mail address to send the images to.

Thank you Evan.

I will PM you. I still have not received yours though. Just for the record.

Maggie

IMO an image hosting account is easier to use than the built-in "Attach" function, since it displays images in posts, and you can add more than one image to a post. There are several such sites which are free to register at, I use Photobucket which is ideal for my purposes, there are others such as Imageshack or Flickr.

Photobucket is handy because it allows you to create your own folder system, and it allows you to click on a link that allows you to automatically copy and paste the correct code when writing a post on the Education Forum, without having to add the tags.

If you need some advise/help setting this and using it, PM me.

Cheers

Maggie

IMO an image hosting account is easier to use than the built-in "Attach" function, since it displays images in posts, and you can add more than one image to a post. There are several such sites which are free to register at, I use Photobucket which is ideal for my purposes, there are others such as Imageshack or Flickr.

Photobucket is handy because it allows you to create your own folder system, and it allows you to click on a link that allows you to automatically copy and paste the correct code when writing a post on the Education Forum, without having to add the tags.

If you need some advise/help setting this and using it, PM me.

Cheers

Thank you Dave.

So...out of curiosity...what happened to the complaint thread?

Dawn

Too many whining ct children at play?

As David Guyatt said "If you can't complain of the "Complaints Thread' where can you?"

It has been made invisible...NOT by me. Let me say that again... NOT BY ME.

I'll investigate.