The Education Forum

Not another "Epiphany"!

I have little doubt that Pat will find time to interject here as well, demonstrate his vast knowledge on this subject matter, and will most probably come to the conclusion that we are speaking of the FRONT of JFK's coat.

While in reality, we are speaking of the REAR of the coat!

Nevertheless, just for the sake of discussion, lets assume that, not unlike the autopsy photograhs, those who physically examined the evidence actually knew front from back and left from right, and have not made some sordid and devious attempt to further confuse Pat (& us).

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/humes.htm

Commander HUMES - Yes, sir. This exhibit is a grey suit coat stated to have been worn by the President on the day of his death. Situated to the right of the midline high in the back portion of the coat is a defect, one margin of which is semicircular.

Situated above it just below the collar is an additional defect. It is our opinion that the lower of these defects corresponds essentially with the point of entrance of the missile at Point C on Exhibit 385.

Mr. SPECTER - Would it be accurate to state that the hole which you have identified as being the point of entry is approximately 6 inches below the top of the collar, and 2 inches to the right of the middle seam of the coat?

Commander HUMES - That is approximately correct, sir. This defect, I might say, continues on through the material.

Attached to this garment is the memorandum which states that one half of the area around the hole which was presented had been removed by experts, I believe, at the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and also that a control area was taken from under the collar, so it is my interpretation that this defect at the top of this garment is the control area taken by the Bureau, and that the reason the lower defect is not more circle or oval in outline is because a portion of that defect has been removed apparently for physical examinations.

Mr. SPECTER - Now, does the one which you have described as the entry of the bullet go all the way through?

Commander HUMES - Yes, sir; it goes through both layers.

Mr. SPECTER - How about the upper one of the collar you have described, does that go all the way through?

Commander HUMES - Yes, sir; it goes all the way through. It is not--wait a minute, excuse me it is not so clearly a puncture wound as the one below.

Mr. SPECTER - Does the upper one go all the way through in the same course?

Commander HUMES - No.

Mr. SPECTER - Through the inner side as it went through the outer side?

Commander HUMES - No, in an irregular fashion.

Commander HUMES - That is approximately correct, sir. This defect, I might say, continues on through the material.

Attached to this garment is the memorandum which states that one half of the area around the hole which was presented had been removed by experts, I believe, at the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and also that a control area was taken from under the collar, so it is my interpretation that this defect at the top of this garment is the control area taken by the Bureau, and that the reason the lower defect is not more circle or oval in outline is because a portion of that defect has been removed apparently for physical examinations.

Mr. SPECTER - Would you refer at this time to the coat, if you please, which, may the record show, has heretofore been marked as Commission Exhibit 393.

And by referring to that coat will you describe what, if anything, you observed on the rear side of the coat?

Mr. FRAZIER - There was located on the rear of the coat 5 3/8 inches below the top of the collar, a hole, further located as 1 3/4 inches to the right of the midline or the seam down the center of the coat; all of these being as you look at the back of the coat.

Mr. SPECTER - What characteristics did you note, if any, on the nature of that hole?

Mr. FRAZIER - I noticed that the hole penetrated both the outer and lining areas of the coat, that it was roughly circular in shape. When I first examined it it was approximately one-fourth of an inch in diameter, and the cloth fibers around the margins of the hole were pushed inward at the time I first examined it in the laboratory.

Mr. SPECTER - Did any tests conducted on the coat disclose any metallic substance on that area of that hole?

Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir. I had a spectrographer run an analysis of a portion of the hole which accounts for its being slightly enlarged at the present time. He took a sample of cloth and made an analysis of it. I don't know actually whether I am expected to give the results of his analysis or not.

Mr. SPECTER - Yes; would you please, or let me ask you first of all, were those tests run by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the regular course of its testing procedures?

Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir; they were.

Mr. SPECTER - And have those results been made available to you through the regular recordkeeping procedures of the FBI?

Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir.

Mr. SPECTER - Would you then please tell us what those tests disclose?

Mr. FRAZIER - Traces of copper were found around the margins of the hole in the back of the coat, and as a control, a very small section under the collar was taken, and no copper being found there, it was concluded that the copper was foreign to the coat itself.

Mr. SPECTER - Can you tell the size of the bullet from. the hole in the jacket?

Mr. FRAZIER - The hole in the jacket is approximately a quarter of an inch in diameter.

Mr. SPECTER - Would that hole be consistent with a hole which would be caused by a 6.5 millimeter bullet?

Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir; the actual bullet which makes a hole cannot be determined because the cloth in one instance may stretch more than it does in another instance causing either a larger or smaller hole even for the same caliber, but it is consistent for a bullet of 6.5 millimeters in diameter to make a hole of approximately this size.

Post #1

Situated above it just below the collar is an additional defect.

and also that a control area was taken from under the collar,

============================================

Post #2

"and about 4 cm. below [/b]the upper edge of the collar"

note: 1.5748 inches below the upper edge of the collar.

Post #3

and as a control, a very small section under the collar was taken,

2.54 cm = 1 inch

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...Vol17_0031b.htm

"Situated in the posterior scalp approximately 2.5 cm laterally to the right"

(Dr. Humes)

=========================================================================

"Situated in the posterior of the coat approximately 2.5 cm laterally to the right of center, and just below the edge of the coat collar"

(Tom Purvis)

=========================================================================

Would all who thought that this was some form of "coincidence", please stand up!

Mr. SPECTER - Would you then please tell us what those tests disclose?

Mr. FRAZIER - Traces of copper were found around the margins of the hole in the back of the coat, and as a control, a very small section under the collar was taken, and no copper being found there, it was concluded that the copper was foreign to the coat itself.

Mr. McCLOY - Before you go, may I ask a question? In your examination of the shirt, I just want to get it in the record, from your examination of the shirt. there is no defect in the collar of the shirt which coincides with the defect in the back of the President's coat, am I correct?

Commander HUMES - You are correct, sir. There is no such defect.

================================================================================

Fine, but!

Few persons of seemingly intelligence, actually believe "the record"!

However, one may want to question exactly why McCloy deemed it necessary to "get it in the record"!

================================================================================

There are many "keys" to many doors!

Edited by Thomas H. Purvis

And of course, some doors require more than one "key" to open them.

A bullet which strikes at the lower edge of the hairline and thereafter "tunnels" through the soft tissue at the base of the neck, to ultimately strike the skull at a point which is higher than that of the entry into the scalp, is one of those "keys".

An "oblique" penetration/puncture through the coat of JFK is another "key", just as is the oblique penetration through the neck.

Mr. SPECTER - How about the upper one of the collar you have described, does that go all the way through?

Commander HUMES - Yes, sir; it goes all the way through. It is not--wait a minute, excuse me it is not so clearly a puncture wound as the one below.

Mr. SPECTER - Does the upper one go all the way through in the same course?

Commander HUMES - No.

Mr. SPECTER - Through the inner side as it went through the outer side?

Commander HUMES - No, in an irregular fashion.