The Education Forum

Biography: Terry L. Adams

Terry Adams

I was born in a small town in extreme Eastern Kentucky, just 13 miles from the Virginia border. It is the very heart of Appalachia. My grandfather and father were Land Surveyors. I worked in that field for a large part of my early years, but decided that I wanted to go in a different direction with my life. I have an Associate of Arts Degree from the University of Kentucky and a Bachelors Degree from Morehead State University. Soon after completing my schooling, I went into the Coal Business and was very successful in that endeavor. As time went by I ventured into other businesses and still continue today to work for myself. I presently work as a private leasing/purchasing agent of land and minerals. I also instruct new people who enter into the coal trade. I am a member of the local Masonic Lodge and am a Shriner. I have been active in local politics most all of my adult life, having held public office, as well. My hobbies include traveling, fishing, and hunting. I am an avid reader of non-fiction. My preference is books about early America, the Civil War, and of course John F. Kennedy. I am also a proud father of two sons, as well as a grandfather.