The Education Forum

New JFK tapes

Brian Williams of NBC Nightly News has been advertising that he will have new JFK tapes on Monday night. I'm not quite sure what this is as I don't see anything about a new release on the JFK Library site. So, set your VCR's and DVD recorders, etc.

From Brian William's Blog:

I wanted to alert our viewers (as Tom Brokaw will on Meet the Press on Sunday) to something we have coming up Monday night: newly-discovered audio tape, of an un-guarded JFK, just months before becoming President -- just over 3-years before his assasination. He talks candidly about his life, politics and his own health. The tapes will air for the first time anywhere on our broadcast Monday night. I've listened to all of it -- and it is chilling, haunting and fascinating at the same time. Having read just about every book extant on the Kennedy family and his presidency, I already know there is material here that will be in the next printing of various textbooks.

We'll hope to see you tonight. Have a good weekend (or try to) and we'll see you here Monday.

Joe Backes