The Education Forum

Words from Stateville

Pamela Ray

Letter #1446 November 14, 2008

I do hope and pray this Friday morning finds My Sweet Love and all of her loved ones in The Best of Health and High Spirits and also “SAFE & SOUND!” I also pray that your Brother will soon be healed and cancer free. I pray to God to reach out and touch Wim and have him sign the agreement, for you to receive the help and finance to complete the projects. For you to have peace of mind, find true happiness, enjoy life once again and to live happily ever after and for good things to come your way. AMEN!

As for me, I’m feeling a lot better. Still under the weather, but getting better with each passing day.

…There are a lot of people who want to buy the book but cannot get it. Our used books are selling for $50.00 plus…I got a letter last night from (name withheld) wanting to know when our next book will be available. I’m not sure, but I think she was asking about Interview with History.

Also, young people are buying the book as well. They had a tour come through the other day, and the one young girl recognized me from the book and Internet and ask the officer with them if she could ask me a question. He told her to go ahead. They’re not suppose to talk to prisoners, but with the cop there, I guess that it’s alright. Anyway, she wanted to know if I had any regrets for shooting JFK. I looked at her, eye to eye and said, “No, if I have any regrets at all, it would be that we didn’t do it sooner.” Then the officer goes, “Mr. Files is not here for Kennedy; he’s here for shooting a cop that was trying to kill him.” The tour, a law class, all had questions they wanted to ask, but I didn’t want to answer their questions. But the young girl said she really enjoyed our book and that Ms. Ray was a very good author, that you did an excellent job with the book. I agreed with her and thanked her for saying so.

Well, I finally got the phone, but they still haven’t turned them on up front yet. I just hope nothing is wrong, as they just announced that we are feeding in today. They said nothing about a lock-down status, so I’m praying I’ll get to call you.

My Love, I want you to know that I’m very proud of you and that I appreciate everything that you have done. It has been one long hard road and you have had a heavy burden to bear as well while traveling it. I never dreamed of how many problems there would be along the way. I honestly don’t know how you have managed to stand up under all the strain and harassment while working and fighting to get the books to market. I know it has been a long struggle for you and heart-breaking results. I’m sooooooooooooooo sorry for how it has been. But had I been in the free world with you, then I’m sure it would have all been different. Just know that I love you and support you all the way and that what I want is for you and you alone. As for me, I don’t care about any of it anymore. I’m just thankful that we can put it all behind us. I know that both books were like your two babies, and in time, maybe they’ll be reborn again and you’ll still get them to the public.

Bruce has made plans to have next Saturday free, so he can come and spend the one hour visit with me, being that is time of the anniversary (I don’t remember which one) for JFK. I could think about it and figure out which one, but I honestly don’t care that much, to where I want to think about it.

…Bruce and me don’t give a sh*t what they made and are trying to market. I’m not signing a release for anything. As far as I’m concerned, JFK is dead and so am I…

Then the officer goes, “Mr. Files is not here for Kennedy; he’s here for shooting a cop that was trying to kill him.”

Correction: Mr Files didn't shoot the cop. His partner Dave Morley did.

Was that an officer of the prison? Then she or he might get in trouble by your placing this letter on the Internet.

Pam, Here's a suggestion to write back:

Jimmy honey, light of my life, I love you and you love me. Please give Wim what he wants so I can have my books back and run off with the monies he gave me. That is, if you truly love me. xxxx, he could even come after me for the money I owe him.

It's really a mute point, sweetheart. Wim showed me the releases you already signed and he has mailed them to you as well. They clearly state your consent for film purposes and re-enactments. The only reason he asks you to sign the proposed release is to exclude all possibilities that I will be in a pain in his ass by making baseless claims IF he would ever decide to make a feauture film about your story. You see honey, he just wants to avoid that he needs to waste more money on lawyers if I decide to be rabble rouser again in such event. That's the only reason why he wants to have it even more ironclad than it already is. Wim, being the stubborn hardheaded SOB that he is, is not going to bow down. He holds the cards, baby. There's nothing to gain for him from a new deal with me. Sweetheart, if you love me, think with the right head and just do it for me, okay?

On the interview, I suggest we concentrate solely on the new information and not ask you questions that you answered over and over again. Now that Wim has found the identity of The Raven and you're willing to give us more information , it's very important that we can give the public something to hang a hat on. Hopefully now we can prove beyond any doubt that you're telling the truth with the identity and background of The Raven. I hope that his history is verifiable, with all this boneheads trying to rip your story apart. Darling, you know how important it is to me to prove that you have been truthful all along and was just trying to protect some people. People also want to know why you gave the info on Lansdale behind the fence with you not right away. You talked about David Atlee Phillips, so why not about Lansdale? That's what they wanna know, along with Lansdale's role that day.

The queen of your hearts,

Pammie

Then the officer goes, “Mr. Files is not here for Kennedy; he’s here for shooting a cop that was trying to kill him.”

Correction: Mr Files didn't shoot the cop. His partner Dave Morley did.

Was that an officer of the prison? Then she or he might get in trouble by your placing this letter on the Internet.

Pam, Here's a suggestion to write back:

Jimmy honey, light of my life, I love you and you love me. Please give Wim what he wants so I can have my books back and run off with the monies he gave me. That is, if you truly love me. xxxx, he could even come after me for the money I owe him.

It's really a mute point, sweetheart. Wim showed me the releases you already signed and he has mailed them to you as well. They clearly state your consent for film purposes and re-enactments. The only reason he asks you to sign the proposed release is to exclude all possibilities that I will be in a pain in his ass by making baseless claims IF he would ever decide to make a feauture film about your story. You see honey, he just wants to avoid that he needs to waste more money on lawyers if I decide to be rabble rouser again in such event. That's the only reason why he wants to have it even more ironclad than it already is. Wim, being the stubborn hardheaded SOB that he is, is not going to bow down. He holds the cards, baby. There's nothing to gain for him from a new deal with me. Sweetheart, if you love me, think with the right head and just do it for me, okay?

On the interview, I suggest we concentrate solely on the new information and not ask you questions that you answered over and over again. Now that Wim has found the identity of The Raven and you're willing to give us more information , it's very important that we can give the public something to hang a hat on. Hopefully now we can prove beyond any doubt that you're telling the truth with the identity and background of The Raven. I hope that his history is verifiable, with all this boneheads trying to rip your story apart. Darling, you know how important it is to me to prove that you have been truthful all along and was just trying to protect some people. People also want to know why you gave the info on Lansdale behind the fence with you not right away. You talked about David Atlee Phillips, so why not about Lansdale? That's what they wanna know, along with Lansdale's role that day.

The queen of your hearts,

Pammie

Wim you are a piece of work. You have spent too many years with Bob Vernon and it shows - this is not a compliment. Why don't you simply add to my proposal a statement to the effect I can make no claims in the future production of a movie etc? Why are you making this so anal? Why don't you get it through that hardhead and heart of yours that James Files is very done with you?

Rumor has it the person who gave you the name for the Raven's identity was never paid the $10,000 REWARD money. What's up with not keeping your word on that deal as well?

Edited by Pamela Ray

Pam,

I am VERY VERY VERY curious where that rumor is coming from. Who is your source? Care to tell? It's a very serious accusation again. Can you back it up? Or are you blabbermouthing again? Then maybe you should consider an apology? Or is that not your character?

Wim

Edited by Wim Dankbaar