The Education Forum

The Tangled Web: The Life and Death of Richard Cain

John Simkin

Here are my first two questions:

1. "Did they ever catch the murderers of Ole Scully?"

2. "What happened to Angelo Petiti?"

No one was ever arrested for the murder of Ole Scully.

Angelo Petiti was convicted of kidnapping, and rec'd a substantial prison term.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for answering our questions.

When Richard Cain and Sam Giancana were holded up at a compound in Mexico, they reportedly played golf at a local course. Do you know the name of the town they lived in or the name of the golf course?

And do you know if Richard Cain or Sam Giancana ever played golf with Carlos Marcello, Larry Meyers or Jim Braden?

Thanks,

Bill Kelly

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Michael,

When Richard Cain and Sam Giancana were holded up at a compound in Mexico, they reportedly played golf at a local course. Do you know the name of the town they lived in or the name of the golf course?

And do you know if Richard Cain or Sam Giancana ever played golf with Carlos Marcello, Larry Meyers or Jim Braden?

Thanks,

Bill Kelly

Bill,

Their home in Mexico was near Cuernavaca. I do not know the name of the course they played. I would say they almost certainly had occasion to play a few rounds with Carlos Marcello, but I don't know the other two guys. Sam was a fanatical golfer, but I think Richard's golfing was more of an accomodation to Sam.

Regards,

Michael

Edited by MichaelJCain

Hi Michael,

Thanks,

Bill Kelly

Bill,

Their home in Mexico was near Cuernavaca. I do not know the name of the course they played. I would say they almost certainly had occasion to play a few rounds with Carlos Marcello, but I don't know the other two guys. Sam was a fanatical golfer, but I think Richard's golfing was more of an accomodation to Sam.

Regards,

Michael

Thanks Michael,

Cuernavaca is an interesting place. There's an English-Spanish language school there and a research center for social research run by Ivan Illich.

Jim Braden was a founding member of La Costa CC in California, booted out after being arrested as a suspicious person in the Dal Tex building at Dealey Plaza. He's a big golfer and con artist who may be still alive.

Larry Meyers was a friend of Jack Ruby from Chicago who was in Dallas, playing golf at an Air Force golf club north of Dallas at the time of the assassination.

Sometime after the assassination Meyers played golf with Marcello, saying they met socially at a charity golf tournament.

Thanks again, looking forward to reading your book.

Bill Kelly