The Education Forum

Why are certain people here threatened by DPF?

Dawn Meredith

DETRITUS is a geological term, meaning the loose rocks sloughed off of a mountain which pile up at the bottom of the slope.

The medical field found it a useful word for describing dead tissue which is sloughed off of a wound or specimen.

Jack

I am surprised that someone who has been 'flogging a dead horse' for as long as Jack has not encountered this term before :lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DETRITUS is a geological term, meaning the loose rocks sloughed off of a mountain which pile up at the bottom of the slope.

The medical field found it a useful word for describing dead tissue which is sloughed off of a wound or specimen.

Jack

I am surprised that someone who has been 'flogging a dead horse' for as long as Jack has not encountered this term before :lol:

I took geology in college. I learned about detritus about 60 years ago, I daresay before Mr. Walker was born.

I found it useful in studying the faked Apollo photos when there were discussions of rocks at the bases of moon

"mountains". Mr. Walker thinks that nobody was educated until he came along to roll his eyes.

Jack

I took geology in college. I learned about detritus about 60 years ago, I daresay before Mr. Walker was born.

I found it useful in studying the faked Apollo photos when there were discussions of rocks at the bases of moon

"mountains". Mr. Walker thinks that nobody was educated until he came along to roll his eyes.

Jack

Well done. And also thank you for turning a thread in the Education Forum in an educational direction - elementary spelling and the meaning of words. It is a small start at least for this section.

All we need now is the oleaginous one to interject with something pompous about syntax and my cup will be full.

Happy bickering children.

Jack

Well done. And also thank you for turning a thread in the Education Forum in an educational direction - elementary spelling and the meaning of words. It is a small start at least for this section.

All we need now is the oleaginous one to interject with something pompous about syntax and my cup will be full.

There was a post here a few minutes ago.

Thought police again?

Jack

Thought police again?

So now CD has been banned. So much for having a debate. So let's see, David, Jan and now CD. Three of the five co-founders of DPF. And I believe Magda was also banned, so that makes four. I rest my case.

Dawn

Jack

Thought police again?

So now CD has been banned. So much for having a debate. So let's see, David, Jan and now CD. Three of the five co-founders of DPF. And I believe Magda was also banned, so that makes four. I rest my case.

Dawn

What are you talking about?? No one has been banned.

On reviewing this strange thread I see retrospectively that the 'spelling police' didn't pick up on my misspelling of the word pedagogical (since corrected) which interests me for a moment.

Better a pedagogue than a demagogue.

Jack

What's wrong with the common people Jack?

We could have an interesting discussion about the evolution of meaning and its social context with this example don't you think? ......... he said with more hope than expectation.

Jack

Thought police again?

Dawn

Dawn,

I think all you have done is demonstrate some of the disinformation and unfounded accusations that can emanate from some of the more infamous members of this forum. Let me explain:

- To the best of my knowledge, Charles has neither been banned nor had any posts on this thread removed.

- To the best of my knowledge, David resigned from the Forum and asked that his account be deleted.

- Jan has not been banned but has an active account. He is under moderation because he refuses to abide the Forum rules regarding avatar photographs.

- Magda has not been banned but has an active account. She is under moderation because she refuses to abide the Forum rules regarding avatar photographs.

I would appreciate it if you would not make unfounded accusations against Forum members.

Jack

Thought police again?

Dawn

Dawn,

I think all you have done is demonstrate some of the disinformation and unfounded accusations that can emanate from some of the more infamous members of this forum. Let me explain:

- To the best of my knowledge, Charles has neither been banned nor had any posts on this thread removed.

- To the best of my knowledge, David resigned from the Forum and asked that his account be deleted.

- Jan has not been banned but has an active account. He is under moderation because he refuses to abide the Forum rules regarding avatar photographs.

- Magda has not been banned but has an active account. She is under moderation because she refuses to abide the Forum rules regarding avatar photographs.

I would appreciate it if you would not make unfounded accusations against Forum members.

[/color

The accusations are NOT unfounded. Yesterday CD had a post removed, and immediately after that and since he's been denied access to EF. Months ago a similar thing occurred with David G. Magda and Jan were put on moderation. Jan had the audacity to question the veracity of a "Colby" post.

Andy knows full well he both deleted CD"s post yesterday and then disabled his account.

Here is the now-deleted post:

QUOTE(Andy Walker @ Feb 28 2009, 04:17 AM)

All we need now is the oleaginous one to interject with something

pompous about syntax and my cup will be full.

Your cup, I'm forced to conclude, is anything but full.

And that tiny tidbit, as Dr. Freud might note, explains so very much.

Oleaginously yours,

CD

For the record no one, least of all CD has asked me to do this. After Andy said yesterday I was not posting the truth I let it go, but now to have Evan come back and call me a xxxx, without actually using the offending term, I am setting part of the recore straight.

Dawn

And for further clarification, this from Magda: (Some of this is quoting Evan from the above post, and then Magda's responses, which are preceeded with "-".

Respectfully submitted,

Dawn Meredith

Then why is he getting a 'you cannot access' message when he tries?

And, here is the removed thread the one Evan claims has not been removed but is no longer there anyway:

All we need now is the oleaginous one to interject with something

pompous about syntax and my cup will be full.

And that tiny tidbit, as Dr. Freud might note, explains so very much.

Oleaginously yours,

CD

David never 'resigned'. His status was set to 'guest' by an administrator so he can no longer post there.

Disingenuous to say the least. Jan has requested many times to have his account deleted. He wants no connection to the EF at all. He wants all trace of him ever being here gone. Who can blame him. He has put this in writing to John. No answer has been forthcoming despite many requests for a response. When Jan responded to He who must not be named aliased 'peer reviewed' 911 psyops web site saying "What a crock of lying, disinformational, BS." about it, Evan put Jan on moderation even though Jan had not broken any forum rules. It is clear that Jan was referring to the web site itself and not to a person. Jan's description is a fair and accurate description of the web site. Evan told Jan he would take him off moderation if he (Evan) could alter the meaning of Jan's post. Jan did not want Evan to re-write anything of his and at that point wanted out of the EF.

There was NO problem with my avatar/photo except in the mind of

vindictive moderators. It was there ALL that time before and NO ONE had a

problem with it. John S himself put it up on the forum and said nothing. He

said nothing when I wrote him asking if it was okay or not. Only Evan

(and maybe Antti) has a problem with it as I was the one who spoke out

and that was my punishment. No one else except for Jack (his biography

link didn't work unknown to him) was treated the same way. Even though David

came out and said it wasn't him in that photo still nothing was done to anyone else.

All the other people with dodgy photos or no photos were not ever dealt with until they were

brought to the attention of the EF moderators by ME and I was busy for days doing that.

Boy, I bet they really loved me by then. And

doing their bloody moderation too as they keep letting the xxxxx and

xxxxxx Craig Lamson call Mark Stapleton a drug addict or heroin user on

a public forum which I thought disgraceful. Then Burton was up in arms

about poor Craig being moderated. There were other instances of biased

moderation too. I believe there are still members with dodgy photos and

no photos on the EF. I replaced it as requested EVEN though I feel I

needn't have as I was NOT breaking any forum rules just pissing Evan off

by not complying with his God Almighty petty command.. But it is still not

okay with him. I will not undress for HIM and it is symbolic of how I

was treated there in any case but they don't want that in their faces

hence their intransigence on the matter. Why wont they

respect my cultural and personal needs? Do you think Evan will ever allow me

to post? No. It is, in effect, if not name, a ban.

Only Myra and you (and Terry) were untargetted and that was only a

matter of time. Charles was allowed to return ONCE he did his time in

coventry like a naughty child. Meanwhile Len, Craig and Evan ran riot.

And NOTHING happened to them. Do they really in their right mind think

we would just go and start a forum because we were slightly miffed? It

has been a bloody hard slog and cold hard cash has parted from all of us

and more to come.

I would appreciate it if Evan would not make unfounded accusations against Forum members.

Jack

Thought police again?

Dawn

What are you talking about?? No one has been banned.

This received from CD, who cannot post it himself:

Charles Drago cannot access the Forum. When he attempts to do so, the following message appears:

Forbidden. You don't have permission to access/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.41 Server at educationforum.ipbhost.com Port 80

This problem arose on the morning of Saturday, February 28 (U.S. EDT) immediately after the following exchange between Drago and Andy Walker was posted:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...mp;#entry163449

DRAGO'S RESPONSE

And that tiny tidbit, as Dr. Freud might note, explains so very

much.

Oleaginously yours,

CD

Drago posted a request for explanation on the Political Conspiracies moderation thread. He did not receive a response.

Please check with Walker. If he denies this took place, inform him that, before the post disappeared, Drago sent links to this and other correspondents. Drago is telling the truth.

It appears to me as though Charles Drago is having problems with his computer.

There is nothing unusually offensive (for Charles that is) in what he seems to have attempted to post and therefore no reason why anyone should have wanted to delete it.

His account is still active and not subject to any moderation restrictions. Sorry the reality isn't more exciting but there you go.